Short-term Marriage in Somalia: Ethical question about marriage, sex, zina, and savagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
But she is expecting to make it overseas, because she is actively seducing him to ensure her passage to the west.

She her hopes are based on her deceptive activities. Which make them morally reprehensible.:susp:

She is trying to take advantage of him, so is it okay for him to take advantage of her? That is the question:ivers:

You have to be honest. Admit what your intentions are.

She wouldn't accept this arrangement of she knew the truth so it is inherently immoral.

Once I used to shukaansi a girl in Somalia when I went there:ayaanswag:
She really wanted the baasaboor:faysalwtf: Two weeks of shukaansi she said "aboowe ma i guursanaysa":ohreally::deadpeter:
I was 17 at that time, talk about cimri dagdag:damn:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

there are no noble intentions they just aren't inherently selfish. or at least not in a sense where there's a matter of control. like love is the key component to how a marriage thrives and the emotion itself is almost unilaterally tethered to your feelings of another person. Marriage is the contract that makes that basic instinctual manageable in society. it's something you do for the betterment of yourself and potentially your partner. like it's an agreement. but when you marry purely for yourself and have zero connection to other person you have mitigated the entire purpose of the contract. it is entirely selfish because you literally don't value the other person beyond your own desire. with a regular, monogamous relationship you value the other person and their emotions.

and here you are absolving her and justifying her intentions purely based on the premise given in this thread. like, reverse shit. take her mindset and put in a decent, loving, and well-to-do somali man who is one hundred percent willing to take care of her. would her mindset suddenly shift to being negative as she takes advantage of a decent human being? because if so then that makes morality tethered to specific scenarios. it means specific intentions are absolved purely because someone else in the equation is a shittier person. and that's...kinda lowkey fucked up.

stop being stubborn :ufdup:

Bruv do you not realise that the concept of marriage for love is entirely alien in somalia? Following your logic then all of our parents are selfish for marrying eachother :faysalwtf: I'm pretty sure hablo my age wouldn't even be able to relate to that nonsense lol most are taught from a young age that you marry to serve your husband and pop out kids. La xawla... Get this europhile nonsense of ur head :mugshotman:

I'm not absolving her of anything? that's just the way they were raised, I'm not the one looking at things through rose tinted, westernized glasses.

u stop being obtuse

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Bruv do you not realise that the concept of marriage for love is entirely alien in somalia? Following your logic then all of our parents are selfish for marrying eachother :faysalwtf: I'm pretty sure hablo my age wouldn't even be able to relate to that nonsense lol most are taught from a young age that you marry to serve your husband and pop out kids. La xawla... Get this europhile nonsense of ur head :mugshotman:

I'm not absolving her of anything? that's just the way they were raised, I'm not the one looking at things through rose tinted, westernized glasses.

u stop being obtuse

ok but we're talking a younger generation here that isn't as conservative, right? plus a diaspora person is involved. one who understands the concept of marrying out of love and mutual connection. i get that somalia is wack, but marrying out of necessity from a cultural standpoint has less deception than wanting to snag a passport.

or worse just trying to swipe your v card like a bahal.

i still think they're fucked up here. both of them.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
I knew it from the get-go. You are even more thirsty than @waraabe.:russ:

Women should marry whoever they want. But this is why women are not supposed to sleep around. Never forget these words.
11385588.jpg

Death wish, me and you have had some lovely exchanges on here. :childplease:

But i do not endorse talking shit about women like this. :ivers:

Patriarchy is a serious problem. And there is nothing funny about the double standard that your image represents, when it causes real pain and problems for our fellow sisters. :damedamn:

So, i'd appreciate if we avoided talking shit about the sisters. :cosbyhmm:

Last edited:
What is better, committing zina or running someone's life by marrying them for sex? This is topic for another thread.

I can't believe you said the nigga should commit zina tho. That's just hectic. But i see your point with running the girls life too.
I mean I'm a woman I sympathize and empathize with her because that could've been me if I was born in Somalia instead of the US. What did you expect me to say?

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Marriage doesn't last for eternity, the lady gets old the man gets bored they divorce or he marries some other woman. Let's face it marriage doesn't equate to happiness it's never permanent, everlasting.

Don't get it twisted. If everything is based on the deen, and intentions are pure, and interpersonal assessments are undergone by both parties, then there is a high chance for success. Don't be pessimistic now. Alotta gabdo have gone dwn the lesbo route, and its not a good look for the after life

Madara x

Sleep soundly
but how can she use him to come to the west? unless he wants to sponsor her, marrying him won't get her anywhere.

he clearly doesn't intend on taking her with him, he doest even intend on remaining married. that's double deception on his part.

I feel like somali spot is my new educational hub lool learning alot of new ideas here

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Don't get it twisted. If everything is based on the deen, and intentions are pure, and interpersonal assessments are undergone by both parties, then there is a high chance for success. Don't be pessimistic now. Alotta gabdo have gone dwn the lesbo route, and its not a good look for the after life

I would rather stay single with cats and kitten's , than marry a fat slob of a man who only works with his private part. No regard's to marriage its a sham created by society

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
Death wish, me and you have had some lovely exchanges on here. :childplease:

But i do not endorse talking shit about women like this. :ivers:

Patriarchy is a serious problem. And there is nothing funny about the double standard that your image represents, when it causes real pain and problems for our fellow sisters. :damedamn:

So, i'd appreciate if we avoided talking shit about the sisters. :cosbyhmm:
It just jokes walaal.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
I would rather stay single with cats and kitten's , than marry a fat slob of a man who only works with his private part. No regard's to marriage its a sham created by society

Ever heard of Simone de beauvoir

quote-the-curse-which-lies-upon-marriage-is-that-too-often-the-individuals-are-joined-in-their-weakness-simone-de-beauvoir-324276.jpg

Read the second sex, if you haven't already

Status
Not open for further replies.