Vlog's and pics of my trip to SL Hargeisa-Borama-Burco-Berbera and the tuulos in between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Adeer you should visit royal lounge, my stomping ground is the where local chicks meet qurbajoog guys. its hedonism central :banderas:

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::mjpls: *note to self..right after landing...in the evening...pay a visit to the Royal Lounge in hopes of taking one home cause id be jet-legged and I would need a little massage

Were any of them pregnant adeer?

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
In your opinion, what was different this time from the last time you were there?
I was last there in 2014 so appearance wise the city did change a bit but not drastically other than a few new food joints here and there and businesses and buildings and also more roads paved etc. However, the biggest change by far was the amount of foreigners. Oromos and Yemenis everywhere, I even saw them on the local calaamadaha bus that I used. Also loads of Asians and whites that was more surprising. Most of the food joints I went to had Arabs and Asians and white people dining there. All the white people and other foreigners were driving themselves with no guard or protection even in the suuq they casually buy their xabxab and cambe just like the locals. I still can't get my head around the amount of foreigners even Kenyan chefs

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I was last there in 2014 so appearance wise the city did change a bit but not drastically other than a few new food joints here and there and businesses and buildings and also more roads paved etc. However, the biggest change by far was the amount of foreigners. Oromos and Yemenis everywhere, I even saw them on the local calaamadaha bus that I used. Also loads of Asians and whites that was more surprising. Most of the food joints I went to had Arabs and Asians and white people dining there. All the white people and other foreigners were driving themselves with no guard or protection even in the suuq they casually buy their xabxab and cambe just like the locals. I still can't get my head around the amount of foreigners even Kenyan chefs

Woow! You know peace brings the world to your door step.

Ive just seen a video out of Hargeisa where some guys were eating from a Yemeni restaurant where they sat on the ground. Them midgets can cook tho.

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
I asked some of the white people what do you do here and most said they were in banking and business not NGOs like how it used to be before. There's Asians of all sorts Chinese Filipinos and the Asians I know of in the UK the Indians and pakis

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
I saw some Somali guys fixing one of the petrol pumps at star and there was a Indian guy with a hard hat supervising them

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I asked some of the white people what do you do here and most said they were in banking and business not NGOs like how it used to be before. There's Asians of all sorts Chinese Filipinos and the Asians I know of in the UK the Indians and pakis

Were they mainly British, them cadaans?

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::mjpls: *note to self..right after landing...in the evening...pay a visit to the Royal Lounge in hopes of taking one home cause id be jet-legged and I would need a little massage

Were any of them pregnant adeer?
Walaahi do it adeer. you will never go home alone. also theyre gettin bold so u might take a two or three friends home.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
M

Mostly Brits and Americans some other Europeans like finish and German heck there were German guys casually drinking tea on the roof of dalwanaaje hotel in burco

Did you and family slaughtered a goat?

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I went alone I didn't go with family but I stayed with family in Hargeisa and yes we slaughter two neefs for the masaakiin of the neighborhood

Whattttt! Who does that! How nice of you guys!

You guys done that out of the blue?

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Adeer! I have an embarrassing moment to share

One time, around Eid in Hargeisa, we bought a goat to slaughter. I told folks I'll slaughter it in the mourning. Morning came and I was a knife by my uncle :jcoleno::jcoleno: I chickened out. I developed a relationship with the goat :kanyehmm::mjcry:

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
Just sitting here patiently waiting for pics/vids of the blessed city to be dropped:sass2:

Hargeisa looks lit n sounds windy. My fav thing is the colourful business signs. I was once laughed at in here by suggesting that Hargeisa is shaping up to look like a first world city:icon lol:

@Madaxkuti, sounds like u had a wicked time mate, don't wanna hury u but it would be cool if u also shared with us what u saw in Borama and how did you enjoy ur short stay there!

Madaxkuti

FieldMarshalMadaxkuti
Just sitting here patiently waiting for pics/vids of the blessed city to be dropped:sass2:

Hargeisa looks lit n sounds windy. My fav thing is the colourful business signs. I was once laughed at in here by suggesting that Hargeisa is shaping up to look like a first world city:icon lol:

@Madaxkuti, sounds like u had a wicked time mate, don't wanna hury u but it would be cool if u also shared with us what u saw in Borama and how did you enjoy ur short stay there!
Don't worry borama will be coming up shortly I'll drop a few teaser pics before the main thing. The thing I liked about borama was the calm and Serene and the people were really welcoming great place

That whole time I was there I use to go there 3x out of the week that the waiter and I became cool acquaintances. He learned to not dish out to me baruur because i'd tip him. He'd also run to the store next door and get me a sprite.

When was the last time you were there ? How much was a half waslad?

Only visited for a short while earlier this year (Feb). Half waslad was $5 at Golis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts