T-Y45591 migration into the Horn of Africa

The most popular hypothesis is that it arrived via South Arabians due to proximity and archeological findings in Somaliland showing the remains of South Semitic peoples. However, I think maybe the progenitor of the T-haplogroup Somalis might've come from North Arabian speaking populations:

1) There is currently no evidence not T-Y45591 being present in Yemen. The only non-somalis to have it happen to come from Hijaz and the Persian gulf. Why would T-Y45591 be absent in Yemen if the Somali subclass originated there?

2) Inscriptions found in Northern Somali could just as easily be from North/old Arabian populations that used the same script as South Semitic speakers.

So it could either be population from Mesopotamia that migrated via the gulf or a population from northern Arabia/Jordan that migrated via the red sea coast of modern day Saudi Arabia

The attached map implies a migration by T-haplogroup individuals from Arabia via Hijaz to the Red sea coast of Eritrea and Djibouti.

What do you guys think?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_111135.jpg
    IMG_20200814_111135.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 401

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Samaale was from North Africa. Yemen was his pitstop. Wiki agrees too.

Shariif 'Aydaruus Shariif 'Ali's records in his book Bughyat al-amaal fii taariikh as-Soomaal that Samaale was Uthman the son of Mahamed, a military leader commanding an army sent from Egypt, Suez to East Africa, Mogadishu to aid and join the Muslims in their fight against their enemies. They waged a war and when Samaale heard the news of his father passing away he migrated from his homeland Yemen to East Africa and made it his homeland marrying from the locals. Thus Uthman (Samaale) came to live in the area we know today as the Somali peninsula and founded the Samaale group.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Yes, but it's ancient. On top of that, our SSA ancestry is not completely Nilotic, roughly ~10% of it is Horner/Somali Hunter Gatherer ancestry.

Mind you Somali Hunter Gatherers are extinct.
Somali hunter gatherer? Woaaah where r them what happend to them so basically we r 10 hunter nilotic n North African?

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I’m a T-L208 Isaaqi. I don’t think T is Arabian in orgin rather it’s possibly Persian/Mesotompia area.

As most Middle Eastern Arabs for the most part are Haplogroup J. I think the only real exception is Egypt who are predominantly haplogroup E.

I’m a T-L208 Isaaqi. I don’t think T is Arabian in orgin rather it’s possibly Persian/Mesotompia area.

As most Middle Eastern Arabs for the most part are Haplogroup J. I think the only real exception is Egypt who are predominantly haplogroup E.

I wasn't talking about T-haplogroup. That's very old and is probably 40-50,000 years old. I'm talking about a subclade of T-M70 that is only found in Somalis and a handful of tested Arabs - T-Y45591.

Trending

Latest posts