Stolen: How Yemenis stole Somali food and culture

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Yemenis even stole our Fish Mukbasa :gucciwhat: look at them falsely claiming it started in Aden. In Somali its also called Kaluun Zaylici :gucciwhat:

Makhbaza, a delicacy from the coastal city of Aden, is grilled fish on the bone marinated in a red mild chili paste.
Grilled Fish Makhbaza on the bone served with Holba. (Photo courtesy: Turath al-Mandi)

Wooooow I used to eat this everyday in Africa , wallahi it’s an African Somali dish.

This thread is delusions of grandeur. Stick with camel milk and camel meat because that’s the genuine Somali nomadic culinary till the Italians brought to us pasta. We can’t even cook proper pasta sauce and eat it with bananas. Have some self-respect and stop claiming and appropriating Yemeni food. Is sushi Somali too?

Cityviews

The Prodigy
This thread is delusions of grandeur. Stick with camel milk and camel meat because that’s the genuine Somali nomadic culinary till the Italians brought to us pasta. We can’t even cook proper pasta sauce and eat it with bananas. Have some self-respect and stop claiming and appropriating Yemeni food. Is sushi Somali too?

Not all somalis are starving nomads.

Some somalis are from the coast like me, and we clearly invented these foods.

Not all somalis are starving nomads.

Some somalis are from the coast like me, and we clearly invented these foods.

@Cityviews

What else did you invent? The anjira and muufo too? Maybe the macawis? Sxb, you can joke these stuff among yourselves, but to boast it online and seriously claim as Somali dishes is embarrassing and laughable. Isku xishooda.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
@Cityviews

What else did you invent? The anjira and muufo too? Maybe the macawis? Sxb, you can joke these stuff among yourselves, but to boast it online and seriously claim as Somali dishes is embarrassing and laughable. Isku xishooda.

You have mental problems, so Somalis on the coast never influenced territories adjacent from them?

In the meal I quoted above, the mukhbasa, its an african dish because its literally cooked with a african spice called "dhokus"( which is from somali region of ethiopia) and roasted on an open flame.

Its a somali coastal dish because the somalis from galbeed brought the spice to their coastal brothers and sisters, and we put that spice on the fish on our coast. That spice isn't even from the Arabian plate, its impossible for them to invent it.

Just because your family is NOMADIC chasing geel and fighting abaar, doesn't mean all Somali were. I don't want you to ever claim the achievements of the somali coast. Stick to your desert.

You have mental problems, so Somalis on the coast never influenced territories adjacent from them?

In the meal I quoted above, the mukhbasa, its an african dish because its literally cooked with a african spice called "dhokus"( which is from somali region of ethiopia) and roasted on an open flame.

Its a somali coastal dish because the somalis from galbeed brought the spice to their coastal brothers and sisters, and we put that spice on the fish on our coast. That spice isn't even from the Arabian plate, its impossible for them to invent it.

Just because your family is NOMADIC chasing geel and fighting abaar, doesn't mean all Somali were. I don't want you to ever claim the achievements of the somali coast. Stick to your desert.

@Cityviews

Sxb, I’m mentally nuts, but don’t advertise it . The Arabs and in particular the Yemenis have traded with the horn of African countries (those in the coast) for thousands of years and bought all kinds of spices & incorporated into their culinary dishes. They moved to these countries hundreds of years ago and introduced to them their dishes. Ask 100 Somalis what mukhbasa is and I bet if ten of them know what it is, then how can you claim that it’s a Somali dish? War xishood.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
You're such a self hater.

You won't let Somalis ever be great. Smh.

You're such a self hater.

You won't let Somalis ever be great. Smh.

@Reiko

Yeah, Reiko waa runtaa, they invented in qandalla, Bosaaso and Caluula and don’t let the Somalilanders ever claim it. What else did we invent therefore aan inoo diiwaan gelliyee? I’ve heard the English registered the ownership of the word and (the sub-Indian continent) dish of curry, at least, they are crazy about it, they cook and eat curry a lot. How many Somalis prepare a meal of Mukhbasa? War yaa dadkaan runta u sheegaa?

Cityviews

The Prodigy
@Reiko

Yeah, Reiko waa runtaa, they invented in qandalla, Bosaaso and Caluula and don’t let the Somalilanders ever claim it. What else did we invent therefore aan inoo diiwaan gelliyee? I’ve heard the English registered the ownership of the word and (the sub-Indian continent) dish of curry, at least, they are crazy about it, they cook and eat curry a lot. How many Somalis prepare a meal of Mukhbasa? War yaa dadkaan runta u sheegaa?

You don't eat Mukhbasa because you are not from the coast

moukhbasa is eaten from berbera,saylac,lughaya regions to djibouti, eritrea and even SUDAN coast eats mukbasa all from somali influence.

Geeljire go back to the desert.

@Cityviews
You don't eat Mukhbasa because you are not from the coast

moukhbasa is eaten from berbera,saylac,lughaya regions to djibouti, eritrea and even SUDAN coast eats mukbasa all from somali influence.

Geeljire go back to the desert.

@Cityviews

Mukhbasa is Yemeni and since they were fishermen longer than any Somalis, it is fair to assume that they introduced to these coastal areas in Somalia. Secondly, the word Mukhbaz (khabiz) is Arabic which means baked. Why do Somalis use an Arabic word for baked fish if they’ve invented the dish? Do we name our Somali dishes Arabic? You are not making sense Sxb. Maybe the Somalis who traded and sailed to Yemen brought it back. Is Fuul and sambuusa Somali too? Don't plagiarise other people's culinary dishes. Somalis eat basic foods like meat, rice and pasta.

Mukhbaza: Yemeni chefs bring Aden’s seashore to Sheffield

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/b...emeni-chefs-bring-adens-seashore-to-sheffield

The self hate in you is too strong and too much- ina adeer
Dhaqan celis ayaad u baahantahay-

Reer kangaroo way ku kharibeen sidaad ula dhooleed- awalba tuuga ayey ahayeen reer kangaroo - faa'iido maleh-

The self hate in you is too strong and too much- ina adeer
Dhaqan celis ayaad u baahantahay-

Reer kangaroo way ku kharibeen sidaad ula dhooleed- awalba tuuga ayey ahayeen reer kangaroo - faa'iido maleh-

@Ahlubayt

Sxb, maxaad la caaytami? Ok, we will also claim Spanish paella as ours. Caqliga ha shaqeeyo, why are you all acting like emotional wrecks?