Som

VIP
One ethnic group is also a lie... Somalia clearly has 5 ethnic groups

Somalis
Bantus of various kinds
Mixed (shanshi, cadcad) + mixed Swahilis (Barawani, Bajuuni etc)
Arab refugees (yemeni, syrian)

:reallymaury:
We are still more homogeneous than most subsaharan african countries. From Kismaayo to Borama everyone speaks one language except for maay speakers , but even most of them speak maxaa. You look at Ethiopia of kenya amd you will see languages changing every 30 km

Som

VIP
@Nabiil @OffTheDome

Maybe SWS has lots of people who may have never learnt Af-Somali, or maybe they are purposefully speaking Af-Maay to fight against Af-Maxaa dominance in Somalia.

Who knows but yeah, it's a big issue that's not being addressed in Somalia.
Young people in SWS didn't have the same education opportunities as their parents. Most 40+ Rahanweyn folks speak both maxaa amd maay with no issue

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
The commentator is RETARDED. What an idiot, all these buffoon Somali commentators imitating Isam Shawali of Being sports make me sick to my stomach.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Astaan Sports is great I never watched the channel before but I see why it's popular.

Ayy we won :banderas:

1609079266072.png

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Why did I read that Cali Saleebaan (MJ) are playing for Galmudug's team?

They definitely need to stop footballers from playing for regions they are not from. Local players need a chance instead of running to other regional teams.
I hear that too, But maybe he is from HAG living in PL.

Don't believe anything says from the media

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
The match ended 2 - 1 with a banger being scored at the 59th min to give Galmudug the win to go through to the Final

Congrats to Galmudug for reaching the final. :salute: As someone from Jubbaland I hope our neighbors Konfur Galbeed wins the tournament. They are playing Benaadir in the second semi final.

EqGD--1UcAAmuXj.jpeg

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
@Nabiil @OffTheDome

Maybe SWS has lots of people who may have never learnt Af-Somali, or maybe they are purposefully speaking Af-Maay to fight against Af-Maxaa dominance in Somalia.

Who knows but yeah, it's a big issue that's not being addressed in Somalia.
From what I know from my rahanweyn aunty who grew up in baidoa maxaa tiri is strictly encouraged and knowing how to speak standard somali is kind of a sign of intelligence. Apparently when maxaa speakers come to baidoa they’re treated better than maay speakers since there’s a sort of inferiority complex so in an environment like that I don’t think anyone would oppose complete eradication of the “dialect”. Also about what you said about bantus being prominent in southwest state they’re not as prominent as you think. Almost all the rahanweyns of bakool are from legit 100% somali clans and allthough you find Bantu sheegadas in baay they aren’t as dominant as you think. Another interesting thing my aunty told me is that baidoa as a whole is actually a Bantu city which they founded and somalis just moved into and because of it somalis from other parts of baay/bakool are weary of marrying Somalia from baidoa because they might have Bantu in them.

From what I know from my rahanweyn aunty who grew up in baidoa maxaa tiri is strictly encouraged and knowing how to speak standard somali is kind of a sign of intelligence. Apparently when maxaa speakers come to baidoa they’re treated better than maay speakers since there’s a sort of inferiority complex so in an environment like that I don’t think anyone would oppose complete eradication of the “dialect”. Also about what you said about bantus being prominent in southwest state they’re not as prominent as you think. Almost all the rahanweyns of bakool are from legit 100% somali clans and allthough you find Bantu sheegadas in baay they aren’t as dominant as you think. Another interesting thing my aunty told me is that baidoa as a whole is actually a Bantu city which they founded and somalis just moved into and because of it somalis from other parts of baay/bakool are weary of marrying Somalia from baidoa because they might have Bantu in them.

Af-Maay should be taught in SWS schools but there should definitely be one main language and even that needs to be standardised and protected.

There is a D&M guy on this forum whose paternal haplogroup is Bantu.. I also saw some pictures of old Somalis from D&M and some looked Bantu. I think some sheegatos got absorbed into that clan, but if Somalis have random J1 Arabs, then we shouldn't be surprised at random Bantus.

In 50s Baidoa, anyone speaking your lingo would get shot. Why don't you ask me how many bodies my relatives caught:mjlol:

Inferioty complex towards a sheep herder :damn:

Trending