Somali women before vs after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain why we call our language “Af Somali”?
The language has the same etymological history as the word Somalia however scholars don't have a common consequences about where the word came from some say it comes from so maal this is the popular theory but some scholars say it comes from the Arabic word tho maal which means the one with the money referring to Somalias riches

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
The language has the same etymological history as the word Somalia however scholars don't have a common consequences about where the word came from some say it comes from so maal this is the popular theory but some scholars say it comes from the Arabic word tho maal which means the one with the money referring to Somalias riches
We can argue about this till we die and won’t be able to come up with an accurate reason as to where and when languages developed. Only Allah knows

Allah's command? Nowhere in the Quran does it say that women cover themselves up so excessively, it does however say that in the Hadith.
Just cover the Bossoms and the genital areas and your fine. No need to go overboard and cover the hair and face too. I always wondered how arabs got married to beautiful women of they can't see what the woman looks like. Then I found out they marry their ugly cousins and even their most beautiful women are hairy as f*ck!!!!

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Just cover the Bossoms and the genital areas and your fine. No need to go overboard and cover the hair and face too. I always wondered how arabs got married to beautiful women of they can't see what the woman looks like. Then I found out they marry their ugly cousins and even their most beautiful women are hairy as f*ck!!!!

Are you stupid? Of course they know how the woman looks before marriage.

RICH

:browtf::browtf:

Iga raali nooqo nooh. I didn't mean to call u a hoe earlier :kendrickcry: give me one more chance amore :mjcry:

Well you did :pacspit:

From now on you should watch your words more often :ufdup:

Oh and another thing you should keep in mind and that’s that I absolutely despise it when a guy calls me naaya @CangeeroBear knows all about it :yacadiim:

There's a difference between the sunnah and the hadith. The hadith is a so called saying of the prophet which cannot be proven to be authentic or true. The word Hadith is often understood to be a synonym for the word Sunnah. This is not correct. There is a great difference between the two not only regarding the extent of their authenticity, but also their content. So the first thing to understand is, a hadith can be unathentic or false, whilst the sunnah cannot.

This is mainly to do with the difference in transmission. The hadith has been translated by a few individuals, so it usually depends on their character, memory, or intellect, all of which can be affected even if said individual is pious. Whilst the Sunnah has been transfered by a entire generation to the next, the amount of people who practice the sayings of sunnah remove the possibility of the error. The memory of a few people can alter a message, but the memory of a thousand people can weed out the faulty messages.

One more thing to note is that the sunnah is only related to the practical parts of Islam, such as the hajj, prayer, etc. Whilst a hadith is not confined to a certain part of Islam, the contents vary from history, practices, and even explanations to the Quran and sunnah. And lastly, the Sunnah is not based on a hadith. Muslims do not pray, or do hajj in the way they do, because of the narrations of a few indivuals. To end this, the Sunnah is an independant soruce for Islam. A hadith will never be equal to the Sunnah and the Quran. End of story.

I'm gonna ignore this "Rich" kid. I don't have time for extremist salafism, have a wonderful day and don't start oppressing women.

@xalimathe6

To begin with, the definition of Sunnah differs regarding what topic within Islam we're talking about. When the subject is creed, 'aqeedah', then Sunnah is defined as the opposite of Bid'ah. Within the subject of Usool al-fiqh it is defined as "an action for which a person is rewarded for acting upon it but not punished for leaving it". When discussing the subject at hand, which is Qur'aan and 'Hadiith, then the definition for Sunnah is "that which is attributed to the Prophet: words, actions, or confirmation". This is the definitions according to the scholars that have discussed these matters for 1000+ years! Your definition of Sunnah as being something "transferred by a entire generation to the next, thus removing the possibility of error" is unheard of within Islamic scholarly tradition as a def. for Sunnah. In fact, your definition of Sunnah is what is known as Mutawaatir.

Once we have cleared up that misconception, let's move on to 'Hadith.

A 'Hadith can be both authentic and unauthentic. Correct. An authentic 'Hadith, however, is not limited to the Mutawaatir. It also includes the 'Hadiths which are 'Aziiz, Mash-hoor and Aaxaad, given that the prerequisites are fulfilled. Not seing them as reliable and therefore unauthentic is tantamount to rejecting testimony as a valid source of knowledge and, by extension, rendering the whole scientific paradigm void, because one of its foundation block is the reliability of the results of previous scientists! Keep in mind that the authentication process of a 'Hadiith is extremely rigourous and the things you've mentioned that undermine it are actually taken into consideration in addition to other things you've not mentioned, such as a narrator narrating something in opposition to a more reliable narrator for instance. It would be very lengthy if I'd expand on it here. Instead, I recommend that you take out time to study the science of 'Hadiith, its methodology and the works written on it.

The last paragraph is based on your misunderstanding of Sunnah and 'Hadiith, which I clarified in the beginning of this post. Your conclusion, however, is correct: the Sunnah is an independant source for Islam. A hadith will never be equal to the Sunnah and the Quran. End of story.

Just that I've showed that Sunnah is dependent upon 'Hadith ("that which is attributed to the Prophet: words, actions, or confirmation"), and thus forms the second source of knowledge within Islam alongside the Qur'aan.

I appreciate your write up. Have a nice day (or night), too.

RICH

No need to attack me it's fact that arabs f*ck their first cousins hence they don't need to worry about marrying covered up women.

:browtf:

Sorry. First of all I don’t see what is wrong with covered up women, cause before marriage men are allowed to see how they look like without niqab. Secondly first cousins are allowed to get married so that means that they are not able to see them all uncovered (without hijab) beforehand. So I don’t see the difference between first cousins and other women.

Yeah, the first mentions of Somali dates back in the 9th century by an Armenian scholar called Al-Yaqubi who visited Zeila and Mogadishu which were capitals of the early Adal Kingdom and Mogadishu Sultanate during the 9th century and he refered the inhabitants those times as "Somaal."

In the 13th century Mogadishu Sultanate evolved into Ajuran Empire where Mogadishu was it's capital while Adal Kingdom was abosrbed into Ifat Sultanate of Walashma Dynasty and the founder of Walashma Dynasty was a Somali saint called Yusuf Bin Ahmed Al-Kawneyn who was the ancestor and founder of the Walashma Dynasty. Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusuf_bin_Ahmad_al-Kawneyn

"Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn is believed to be born in Zeila during the early Adal Kingdom period which he associated with. Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn is a very famous Somali saint figure. He is believed to be the founder and ancestor of the royal family known as Walashma Dynasty that governed both Ifat Sultanate and Adal Sultanate during the middle ages."

Yeah, in the 16th century the Somali word got really popular but it wasn't the first mentioned though but it got really popular because most of the troops were ethnic Somalis who counqered the Abyssinians and colonized them for 14 years until the Portuguese Empire liberated them from the Somali Adalite forces and Somalis basically left the mountains and returned to the Adal homeland. :cool:

Sorry. First of all I don’t see what is wrong with covered up women, cause before marriage men are allowed to see how they look like without niqab. Secondly first cousins are allowed to get married so that means that they are not able to see them all uncovered (without hijab) beforehand. So I don’t see the difference between first cousins and other women.
Covered up women are alright, but I personally don't believe the hadiths that make life boring for women. I would prefer my wife not to cover up and first cousin marriages have been scientifically proven to cause some defects. Look at the Pakistani community and how many defects they have, you cannot honestly tell me it's a coincidence.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
Covered up women are alright, but I personally don't believe the hadiths that make life boring for women. I would prefer my wife not to cover up and first cousin marriages have been scientifically proven to cause some defects. Look at the Pakistani community and how many defects they have, you cannot honestly tell me it's a coincidence.
This person is talking about marrying their first cousin?
A first cousin is someone you share a grandfather with, their parents are siblings...
:deadpeter::deadpeter::deadpeter:

World

VIP
To be honest we all look ugly now (not me and my family though) after the civil war. I really don’t know what happened, I’ve got entire albums of my parents generation from Somalia and they looked like beautiful people like us diasporas unlike today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts