Somali women before vs after

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
Lie, the Quraan specifically calls for the wearing of the qamaar/hijab;

Surah Nuur, ayat 31;

31.And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers(Qamaar) over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

Background; women of the time before Islam wore qamaars that covered only their heads like their Christian counterparts at the time, but exposed their chest/neck. Here in this ayat Allah decrees the hijab, and commands that our sisters expand the qamaar to not only cover the head but to cover the neck/chest/etc. And also as important a code of conduct that comes with it like lowering your gaze from looking at forbidden things like us men have to do as well.
I don't feel like arguing anymore, so whether you choose to believe this or not, I will end this here, because if I do not manage to change your mind with this, then I cant be bothered with trying anymore.

Lies kulaha.. Usually the justifications for people wearing such excessive clothing is based on the fact that those who quote this verse usually add (head cover or veil) after the word khimar, and usually between parentheses, because it is their addition to the verse of God. Here is the most accurate translation of 24:31.

"[24:31] And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is apparent. They shall cover their chests with their ‘khimar’."

Most of the translators, obviously influenced by the hadith translate the word as VEIL and thus mislead people into believing that this verse is advocating the covering of the head and hair. But the truth is that the word khimaar simply means a cover.

In 24:31, God is telling the women to use their cover (khimaar, being a dress, a coat, a shawl, a shirt, a blouse, a tie, a scarf . . . etc.) to cover their bosoms, not their heads, face or hair.

(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bosom)

The last part of the verse 24:31 translates as the following, “They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies”.

Details of the body can or cannot be revealed by the dress you wear and not by your head cover. The people that push for the wearing of the hijab or khimaar are mainly unable or unwilling to read the Quran for themselves. They are being dependent on the interpretations incorrectly preached to them by immoderate clerics and cultural exhortations (https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/exhortation)

So now for the background: I don't know about Arabia, but in ancient Persia and in Africa, more specifically east Africa, women did not wear head coverings, even the Persian successor the sassanid empire did not have a majority did not wear head coverings, I say the majority did not because I cannot fully say there aren't some who wore it, although if they did they'd be in the minority as the cultures of the Persia and East Africa didn't advocate for the covering of the whole body like the Khimar of today.

The Arabic word hijab can be translated into veil or yashmak. Other meanings for the word include screen, barrier, cover(ing), mantle, curtain, drapes, partition, division, divider etc. The word hijab appears in the Qur’an seven times. None of these “hijab” words are used in the Quran in reference to what the traditional Muslims call today “the dress code for Muslim woman”. Hijab in the Qur’an has nothing to do with a woman’s dress code.

If God willed to order the women to cover their heads, face or hair, He would have simply said, “Cover your head, face and hair.”

Lastly (6:114): "Shall I seek for judge other than God? - when He it is Who hath sent unto you the Book, explained in detail." They know full well, to whom We have given the Book, that it hath been sent down from thy Lord in truth. Never be then of those who doubt.

Have a nice day.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
I don't feel like arguing anymore, so whether you choose to believe this or not, I will end this here, because if I do not manage to change your mind with this, then I cant be bothered with trying anymore.

Lies kulaha.. Usually the justifications for people wearing such excessive clothing is based on the fact that those who quote this verse usually add (head cover or veil) after the word khimar, and usually between parentheses, because it is their addition to the verse of God. Here is the most accurate translation of 24:31.

"[24:31] And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is apparent. They shall cover their chests with their ‘khimar’."

Most of the translators, obviously influenced by the hadith translate the word as VEIL and thus mislead people into believing that this verse is advocating the covering of the head and hair. But the truth is that the word khimaar simply means a cover.

In 24:31, God is telling the women to use their cover (khimaar, being a dress, a coat, a shawl, a shirt, a blouse, a tie, a scarf . . . etc.) to cover their bosoms, not their heads, face or hair.

(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bosom)

The last part of the verse 24:31 translates as the following, “They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies”.

Details of the body can or cannot be revealed by the dress you wear and not by your head cover. The people that push for the wearing of the hijab or khimaar are mainly unable or unwilling to read the Quran for themselves. They are being dependent on the interpretations incorrectly preached to them by immoderate clerics and cultural exhortations (https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/exhortation)

So now for the background: I don't know about Arabia, but in ancient Persia and in Africa, more specifically east Africa, women did not wear head coverings, even the Persian successor the sassanid empire did not have a majority did not wear head coverings, I say the majority did not because I cannot fully say there aren't some who wore it, although if they did they'd be in the minority as the cultures of the Persia and East Africa didn't advocate for the covering of the whole body like the Khimar of today.

The Arabic word hijab can be translated into veil or yashmak. Other meanings for the word include screen, barrier, cover(ing), mantle, curtain, drapes, partition, division, divider etc. The word hijab appears in the Qur’an seven times. None of these “hijab” words are used in the Quran in reference to what the traditional Muslims call today “the dress code for Muslim woman”. Hijab in the Qur’an has nothing to do with a woman’s dress code.

If God willed to order the women to cover their heads, face or hair, He would have simply said, “Cover your head, face and hair.”

Lastly (6:114): "Shall I seek for judge other than God? - when He it is Who hath sent unto you the Book, explained in detail." They know full well, to whom We have given the Book, that it hath been sent down from thy Lord in truth. Never be then of those who doubt.

Have a nice day.
Thanks for your efforts to provide more facts about the real Islam. Do you know that almost all Hadith were written 180 years after prophet Muhammad's death because no steps were taken by the prophet tot preserve them in his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts