Somali Dating Scene for the (27+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
What's more honourable then raising a child?

"Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves."
Is it only the mother who raises children? What happened to the father?
Sxb I don't know where you heading with this but women can have career at the same time have children and be a damned good mother.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Is it only the mother who raises children? What happened to the father?
Sxb I don't know where you heading with this but women can have career at the same time have children and be a damned good mother.
All I'm saying is that there are somethings which women excel in more than the man, likewise men too. Everything was made for a purpose, men & women when they come together are a whole, basically we compliment each other, we must play our position otherwise we'll be at loggerheads.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Lol @social creature

I hope inaad guursatid tu yar oo feminist taad ka cararisid ah oo futada dhulka kugu dhufata.lol

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@madamelioness - I'll figure it out sxb.

Isn't that similar to guys that are not from your neck of the woods? How would you obtain info on a guy from Europe, Middle east or Australia?

Not necessarily. Information about Somalis is easy to obtain from anywhere because Somalis are invisibly tethered to one another. We have contacts in many places. A tribe, location and/or surname is all that's required in most cases to find out info. So, you can't compare that to an ethnic community you don't belong to, whereby information is not readily available as you are no apart of the ingroup. Plus, no one is as well-connected as Somalis. No one!

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
You're almost 30. You don't want to date and your parents are unwilling to introduce you to someone. Why don't you just ask your friends or their networks to help you out. If you are a qabilist ask a tribesman.

Judging by your posts you don't seem serious about finding a man. Time waits for no one. Even if you're fine at that age the guys are looking to date younger, which will make it tougher for you on the scene. Please stop being so qali or you'll end up with nothing. No man likes a stuck up woman that's so far up her futo. And if you want to compete for a scarcity of Somali men then you need an attitude adjustment.

Here's my dedication to you:

Last edited:
^ I think I want white knight for sophisicate. *i don't fully understand that definition but whatever*
People are always giving her a hard time about with her age. I don't want to post my age but people are so judgmental and wierd. I will be vague

I am already in my 30s. Still single. Honestly, I think it's courageous to get married. I admire people who do it. But Do you guys not see the how high the divorce rate is in the Somali community? Marriage is not a game. Relationships are not a game.
Both me and sophiscate are Canadians. We not in Somalia. Isn't the life expectancy almost double here. Do you understand the value of that? That means we get the opportunity to build on ourselves. If people spent more time preparing themselves before marriage maybe the divorce rate would drop. Just a theory.

Hi sophi lady *where is the icon for a rose*

Last edited:

paragon

:kobeok:I was doing her a favor with a dose of honesty. I'm not saying she's not at catch or to rush into marriage with the first man she sees. Her bar as it stands is unreachable. You have to make some compromises. No one is going to be 100% of what you want. She needs to determine what she wants in a relationship; what is essential, what's non-negotiable and what's just an add-on. That is if she wants a man that's good enough. Because it looks to me that she's not looking to accommodate a brother of this world.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@paragon I'm expensive for a reason. It's a strategy to keep the unwanted away. How do you know about my standards since I haven't mentioned them? All I did was relay information about what my friends are reporting on the frontlines, although it appears disconcerting, they're keeping their chins up.

I don't think I have the patience to endure the dating scene. My parents will never suggest anyone either. The network of my friends consists of people I know. And if nothing has transpired then, it won't now. :jgjrrmx:

:zhqjlmx: I can't do anything about old school Somalis and their opinion about women over the age of 25. I'm not their type and they aren't mine. It's mutual disinterest. I'm not here to change their mind. I would prefer a guy that isn't intimidated by a Xalimo his own age or one that makes just as much as him if not more.

@SimplySerene Thanks and welcome sis.:dj: If only he knew that marriage between people age 30-34 (in this day and age) has higher marital success rates compared to their younger counterparts. I should also add that buffers against divorce also include higher educational attainment, religious participation and sexual abstinence before marriage. So, don't fret. I concur with your theory. Being a good relative, friend, neighbour, citizen and building yourself up intellectually and spiritually are preparation for being a better spouse and parent in the future. It's part and parcel. :geek:

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
30 And unmarried yet ur a virgin Serene? impossible :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

So, you can't value yourself highly and treat your body like a temple at 30? Maybe you have low expectations TekNiko. I already covered your kind in the first page - aka the "untrusting farax". :mybusiness:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Read Mazlow's hierarchy of needs, women get kacsi too, its 2015 unless your 40 yr old virgin male masquerading as a xalimo :chrisfreshhah:

30 And unmarried yet ur a virgin Serene? impossible :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:

Listen I don’t know you. I don’t care what you think. If you thought I was a s $2 dollar that would be your problem not mine. ( we probably shouldn't judge the $2 maybe her life is hard).
You can project what ever reality you want on me but that just shows that you are the one with the problem. Not me

Anyways people’s obsession with virginity is weird. I didn’t even mention the word virginity in my post. We’re discussing marriage/relationships. I didn’t even bring up sex.

Time to bounce. I am not wasting my time on people with bad manners.

See yaa later sophi. My expiration date on my white knighting skills has arrived. Have fun. I am not bailing. but people just talk to much for me sometimes. I am bored now

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Read Mazlow's hierarchy of needs, women get kacsi too, its 2015 unless your 40 yr old virgin male masquerading as a xalimo :chrisfreshhah:

I don't agree with Maslow's hierarchy of needs. One can't live without food or water for very long but they can live without sex, even for a lifetime. Perhaps, it's you that's troubled by a Xalimo that cherishes herself enough not to give up sex to someone she has no accountability to. If he's not her husband then there's no obligation. We are human meaning we have the capacity to reason and make choices, and some of us are better at conscious decision making than others. Also, please don't project your personal experience onto other people that do not live like you, and that you don't know personally. I should add that we're not just animals propelled by carnal desire/lust.

You're thinking more like a male baboon in heat transfixed by a swollen red bottom, a sign of estrus.:ftw9nwa:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@SimplySerene Don't leave on account of @TekNiKo. It's well established that he's uncouth. He didn't even provide his opinion on the subject matter. Instead, he opted to deviate from the topic and discuss what was plaguing his mind.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Truth hurts :comeon:

Every human has sexual needs this is why marriage especially at a young age is encouraged. Why do you think marriage is completing half your diin?

Qofwalba shawaa ay leeyihiin xaa uu yasaya!??

2015 Get married brehs the fitnah is real :hemad:

paragon

I would think it would be more common to find a Xalimo that abstained from sex until 30 than a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending