Somali Dating Scene for the (27+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@metamorphosis - Bro, age is a deal breaker for me and I'm not willing to negotiate (at this time). Label me old fashioned if you may.

@Duke of Harshaw - Call it what you may "getting know process" or "dating". I use these terms interchangeably. And I doubt Somalis are as demure as you claim.

@The-Southerner I suppose we care what friends and family think up to a point. I like to think of myself as the captain of my ship, though.

@Idol and @TekNiKo don't worry I have no intention of marrying someone from back home Insha'Allah. In fact, I don't know why you folks are erroneously jumping to that conclusion "elsewhere isn't a code for that". It's just open-ended.

@Jeffo - That seemed very poetic.

@madamelioness I will reiterate what I've said many times in this thread. Not interested in guys from back home! My relatives don't do hookups/facilitations if that's what you are inferring. They would prefer not to be blamed for a potential fallout so they stay clear of the idea of arranged marriage. You nailed it I'm rather uncompromising. In fact, I would prefer to be single than put out the welcome mat for an undesirable.

tumblr_nys48qo0zs1r12e7ro1_500.gif

So you're not a fan of regular dating, there aren't any suitable potentials where you live, you are considering arranged marriage but your family won't hook you up/ facilitate because they don't want to be blamed? Then you conclude by saying you actually prefer to be single rather than make a few compromises? Waad isla weyntahay if I may say so.

Traditionally, arranged marriages are conducted through family which is why I mentioned confiding in relatives.

If not back home, where else are you considering? Somehow, I don't think you are open to online-dating. I wouldn't really recommend that either. I've heard my fair share of horror stories besides I think it's better to get to know someone organically.

Anyhow, wish you all the best on your journey. It is tough out there but it's not completely hopeless.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
The problem is that women ain't women no more, I mean all the things that a man finds attractive is no longer there. Instead we have women who look like a women but yet acts like a man (feminism) we're simply not compatible cause no man what's a women who constantly challenges him & competes with him. The man is like the day & the women is like the night, the problem arises when the night want to become the day, we should complete each other not compete. Who needs a woman who is westernised?

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<
:axvmm9o:

I feel that most men deteriorate physically after 30.... How will it be possible to get impregnated by a man who already looks like pregnant...

*sighs*

Last edited:

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
The problem is that women ain't women no more, I mean all the things that a man finds attractive is no longer there. Instead we have women who look like a women but yet acts like a man (feminism) we're simply not compatible cause no man what's a women who constantly challenges him & competes with him. The man is like the day & the women is like the night, the problem arises when the night want to become the day, we should complete each other not compete. Who needs a woman who is westernised?
Do you want a doormat?

Sophi
What options have you tried to find a suitable potentials? The most easiest way to get to know someone is through family or friends.

No offence but I think you've higher expectations when it comes to men and finding suitable potentials. I'm not saying settle for a loser but most guys are not going to meet your list.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Do you want a doormat?

Sophi
What options have you tried to find a suitable potentials? The most easiest way to get to know someone is through family or friends.

No offence but I think you've higher expectations when it comes to men and finding suitable potentials. I'm not saying settle for a loser but most guys are not going to meet your list.
How did you come to that conclusion?

Door mat? Really? I'm intrigued can you please elaborate.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Sxb, I can't have foreknowledge (aka no prior info) about foreign communities (non-Somali), since I don't belong to them. I'm also not open to that.

Isn't that similar to guys that are not from your neck of the woods? How would you obtain info on a guy from Europe, Middle east or Australia?

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
How did you come to that conclusion?

Door mat? Really? I'm intrigued can you please elaborate.

I could be wrong but what I've understood from your post is, you prefer a woman who rather stays at home pleasing her husband than a career driven woman that brings more to the table than a house wife. Mind you there is nothing wrong with being a house wife.

Competing? A woman who have couple of degrees same as you, works 9-5 and comes home same time as you isn't competing you but rather living the life her parents and family sacrificed for her in the west.

Does independent, successful somali sister challenges you? Bal taa I sheek marka hore.lol

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
I could be wrong but what I've understood from your post is, you prefer a woman who rather stays at home pleasing her husband than a career driven woman that brings more to the table than a house wife. Mind you there is nothing wrong with being a house wife.

Competing? A woman who have couple of degrees same as you, works 9-5 and comes home same time as you isn't competing you but rather living the life her parents and family sacrificed for her in the west.

Does independent, successful somali sister challenges you? Bal taa I sheek marka hore.lol
No quite on the contrary, I applaud them for their achievement but the question is, what impact will it have on the most important role for a human being, nurturing. A woman & a man are distinctly unique, a man can't nurture a child like a women can. What I'm asking is which one would be a priority for you?

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
What's more honourable then raising a child?

@Cognitivedissonance

My priority would be my children like any sane woman. Otherwise I wouldn't have any children if I'm not going to put them first.
"Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending