Somali Dating Scene for the (27+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
For me personally I don't see myself with a guy from back home. I grew up in the west and I feel like we wouldn't be very compatible or have the same views. There are guys in America/UK/Scandinavia who have education, career and life goals. But they are rare so you have really open your eyes.

I'm born and bred in the west. So I'm not into brothers from back home merely b/c I think there would be bones of contention (differences). I just won't limit myself to my area code.

i dont believe in this whole finding a spouse from another country business. everyone must/have to find someone from within their country. someone that you have everything in common with making everything so much easier. apart from that who ever you desire go for it and find out

I'm of the opinion that Somalis are really transnational people. I could live in Toronto for the time being but end up in Tokio or Dubai for work. I wouldn't think so narrowly about where the Somali person is from provided that we share similar values and they are just as ambitious if not more so. Back home is pushing it, though.

Last edited:
T

Tokio

you're very cautious indeed lol

what your friend said might or might not be true for you, you gotta test the waters in order to reach your own verdict.

Take me out, Somali edition is on it's way. Hold tight :p

Oscar

Het beste uitzicht
i have a friend who got married like 4 years ago due to suprise pregnancy and another who married within 4 weeks of of being out of jail, and maanshalla they are both living well today with children and happy homes. all this choosing and putting too much thought into it is what creates the maddness. find someone you like take a chance and see how it works out.

F

Forfon

I only ask because I find it so hard to find Somali men. Like, where do we go? I absolutely hate shisha places.

Obvious clubs and bars means "turn up" - Somalis cannot handle any form of "turn up"

Library? - rarely
Uni?? - I doubt it

Tell me!? Where?!?

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I only ask because I find it so hard to find Somali men. Like, where do we go? I absolutely hate shisha places.

Obvious clubs and bars means "turn up" - Somalis cannot handle any form of "turn up"

Library? - rarely
Uni?? - I doubt it

Tell me!? Where?!?
Masjid

Apollo

VIP

Library? - rarely
Uni?? - I doubt it

Tell me!? Where?!?

SomaliSpot.com siilaanyolaugh

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
you're very cautious indeed lol

what your friend said might or might not be true for you, you gotta test the waters in order to reach your own verdict.

Take me out, Somali edition is on it's way. Hold tight :p

I would do a water quality analysis if that's what you mean by testing the waters. You wouldn't go to war without battle plans. So, why date someone when you know little about them (except for a few biased references). That's what I don't like about contemporary dating. Insha'Allah we'll see.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@SgtBanadir i guess so, but that means I got to deal with real religious brothers.

@Amun :cosbyhmm:

Just because they are at the majid doesn't make them "really religious".

Exhibit A.

tumblr_nyxdp2POec1r12e7ro1_500.gif

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf

Library? - rarely
Uni?? - I doubt it

Tell me!? Where?!?

my pms :shaq:

F

Forfon

Just because they are at the majid doesn't make them "really religious".

Exhibit A.

tumblr_nyxdp2POec1r12e7ro1_500.gif

I wouldn't want to waste my time with men dealing with identity crisis. Those ones tend to be pathological liars.

Ain't no body got time fo' that!

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
i have a friend who got married like 4 years ago due to suprise pregnancy and another who married within 4 weeks of of being out of jail, and maanshalla they are both living well today with children and happy homes. all this choosing and putting too much thought into it is what creates the maddness. find someone you like take a chance and see how it works out.

Oscar it's called proceed with caution and discernment. Marriage is a big deal and it shouldn't be with just anyone. That's why.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I think introductions might be the best bet for you.

I prefer meeting people organically myself, but ive met a few weirdos lately.:vo3yidw:

@sophisticate funnily enough my younger cousin who's a guy was complaining about not being able find any available somali girls. Seems like age and gender are irrelevant and it's difficult for everyone.

We're such a shy people, all this booto is fake :ftw9nwa:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You seem to let your friends steer you in all kinds of directions. Good luck.

:hemad: Kneegrow flip your Rolodex and decide which Xalimo to take out tonight, and quit throwing shade from the sideline. Btw my friends didn't steer me in any direction. They only made me aware of the current dating scene. That hasn't deterred them, though. I'm more reluctant.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think introductions might be the best bet for you.

I prefer meeting people organically myself, but ive met a few weirdos lately.:vo3yidw:

@sophisticate funnily enough my younger cousin who's a guy was complaining about not being able find any available somali girls. Seems like age and gender are irrelevant and it's difficult for everyone.

We're such a shy people, all this booto is fake :ftw9nwa:

Walaalo, you're slightly more free-spirited than me. The weirdos are what I'd rather avoid. I hear they make for hilarious stories, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts