Why Should I Believe in Somaliweyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about we focus on region completely breaking away from the current tigrey domininated somali politics. Sort of like a "new" nation but only difference with this one is, its main goals are to break away from Ethiopia amison politic and posses enough power to stand on its own. If you look at all the qabil mamuls is, one thing they have in common is being dabadhilifs to Ethiopia.

Last edited:
@Trailblazer how about we focus on region completely breaking away from the current tigrey domininated somali politics. So of like a "new" nation but only difference this one main goals are to break away from Ethiopia amison politic and posses enough power to stand on its own. If you look at all the qabil mamuls is, one thing they have in common is being dabadhilifs to Ethiopia.
Which region do you mean, warhay somali don't pray for ethiopia disintegration. if we were united we might have been able to profit form fall of the tigray but we are to weak today to handle another refugee crises. ethiopia at this point is to big to assimilated and to big to fail.

if i misjudge you character forgive me, yet you mad the blanket statement that some people want bloodshed and subjugation as if all none somalilands want that. i may be pro-somaliweyn but i would rather renounce Wagooyi to prevent another 88. i would willing dismember somalia to prevent further bloodshed are you will to let go of harti clans if they wish to return to somalia.

That's okay, man. Your central point about compromising to prevent further bloodshed, I 100% agree with. The issue with Somaliland though, is that it claims its territory along the 1960 6-days-of-independence colonial line. It doesn't really have a choice, because that's its only legal claim. I think I wrote somewhere here before, that a redrawing of those borders is likely to occur (ie. people who don't want Somaliland go with Somalia), if the two were capable of engaging in an honest negotiation. But we're too far away from that. There are some Somalilanders who want bloodshed and to claim territory not theirs, definitely, but overeall I think Somaliland is much more likely to compromise on things like this, if they were to receive recognition in the process.

Generally when it comes to political issues - my mind is made up. And though things might have grey areas, I can still see where my position inside it. This is a more complex issue. I think my hope really though, is for there to be reconciliation process that is transparent and genuine, perhaps with outside unbiased help. If I thought that was on the cards, I would favor union. But that seems closer to mythology. The federal government still try to shield those who are expected of war crimes from foreign courts, when it should really be Somali courts who are convicting them or at least investigating it.

That's okay, man. Your central point about compromising to prevent further bloodshed, I 100% agree with. The issue with Somaliland though, is that it claims its territory along the 1960 6-days-of-independence colonial line. It doesn't really have a choice, because that's its only legal claim. I think I wrote somewhere here before, that a redrawing of those borders is likely to occur (ie. people who don't want Somaliland go with Somalia), if the two were capable of engaging in an honest negotiation. But we're too far away from that. There are some Somalilanders who want bloodshed and to claim territory not theirs, definitely, but overeall I think Somaliland is much more likely to compromise on things like this, if they were to receive recognition in the process.

Generally when it comes to political issues - my mind is made up. And though things might have grey areas, I can still see where my position inside it. This is a more complex issue. I think my hope really though, is for there to be reconciliation process that is transparent and genuine, perhaps with outside unbiased help. If I thought that was on the cards, I would favor union. But that seems closer to mythology. The federal government still try to shield those who are expected of war crimes from foreign courts, when it should really be Somali courts who are convicting them or at least investigating it.

colonial borders are redrawing all the time. like Yugoslavia, east timor, south Sudan and future middle east.

one thing i can't disagree is the assumption that 1960 6-day independence colonial line, as if this line trumps rights of the clans who have inhabited this land since time immorial. why should they leave their land and people to move to somalia. on international law, only the july 1 border established by the union between south and north is recognized by international law. but i do concede that everything should be on the table, a true referendum to decide the future of the north by all the people of the north rather the clique in Hargayso.

number two is that somalia government should prosecute warcrimes, but they would also involve bring to trial member of the SNM who commit war crimes or even somaliland current military leadership that currently involve in the war against the Dulbahante a civilian insurrection against somaliland.

you'll found that things are easier said than done.

colonial borders are redrawing all the time. like Yugoslavia, east timor, south Sudan and future middle east.

one thing i can't disagree is the assumption that 1960 6-day independence colonial line, as if this line trumps rights of the clans who have inhabited this land since time immorial. why should they leave their land and people to move to somalia. on international law, only the july 1 border established by the union between south and north is recognized by international law. but i do concede that everything should be on the table, a true referendum to decide the future of the north by all the people of the north rather the clique in Hargayso.

number two is that somalia government should prosecute warcrimes, but they would also involve bring to trial member of the SNM who commit war crimes or even somaliland current military leadership that currently involve in the war against the Dulbahante a civilian insurrection against somaliland.

you'll found that things are easier said than done.

I think you misunderstood my point about colonial lines. But yes, things are much easier said than done.
Thanks for giving me your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts