Why Should I Believe in Somaliweyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to ask this in the Debate section, but it looks like it's gone.

I noticed a lot of people online subscribe to the ideology of Somaliweyn. Some seem to do it out of genuine brotherly feeling towards all Somalis, others for far less virtuous reasons.

My personal opinion is that if Somaliweyn is something to aspire to, it is something to aspire to in the very long term. And that to insist in its implementation at this point in time and history, is akin to insisting on more bloodshed between Somali’s and not less. (Never mind non-Somalis) That it will actually make the concept much harder to realise down the line. This, coupled with the clannish mentality that Somalis have, makes me think it would be better for now, to concentrate on building up our various regions and countries until the time is right.

Why should I, as an Isaaq who’s family is from Somaliland, abandon the status quo and the overwhelming sentiments of my clansmen, to subscribe to the Somaliweyn ideology?

Convince me if you please.

Also, SomaliWadaniSoldier, please, nobody needs your input. Only serious replies.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Somaliweyn is unislamic we should advocate for a caliphate United ummah based on Islam not ethnicity.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Isaac should have sovereignty & be able to control Berbera, burco, hargaisa. You can't force Samaroon, dhulbhante, Warsangeli to join you unless you want the rest of Somalia to force you to join them.

Somaliweyn is a survival factor that Somaliland needs, because the numbers of ethnic Somalis is very low currently and with other groups like Oromos and Bantus coming into our land its gonna be easier for them to take over since we are divided plus low in numbers. So with union comes power right?

P.S: You like Dune?

Somaliweyn is a survival factor that Somaliland needs, because the numbers of ethnic Somalis is very low currently and with other groups like Oromos and Bantus coming into our land its gonna be easier for them to take over since we are divided plus low in numbers. So with union comes power right?

P.S: You like Dune?

Yes I like Dune, I'm currently reading (actually listening to it on audible), so no spoilers! lol

But the idea of Somalilanders becoming a minority to Oromos and Bantu sounds quite unrealistic. Of all the reasons to subscribe to Somaliweyn I don't think this one would be the best. No offence intended.

Yes I like Dune, I'm currently reading (actually listening to it on audible), so no spoilers! lol

But the idea of Somalilanders becoming a minority to Oromos and Bantu sounds quite unrealistic. Of all the reasons to subscribe to Somaliweyn I don't think this one would be the best. No offence intended.

Dune is a cool series, you'll enjoy it. The series and several other Scifi series have inspired me to world-build my own series, its bound to be released three-fours years from now on as a Webcomic/Manga or maybe Light novel if I'm low in budget.

Trust its happening and in a faster rate, so all ethnic Somalis need to unite into one banner. Its more beneficial to us, we don't stand a chance when we are low in numbers.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
I will give you good reasons not to subscribe to Somalieweyn.Firstly,those who propagate this failed ideology just want Isaaq to be ruled from Xamar.If you tell them Somaliland will join Somalia but Hargeisa will be where everyone will be ruled from they(Hawiye,Darood) would have heart attacks.Somalis will never have a centralized power or be united since the somali ethnic group doesn't exist,we are just tribes united by language(although I doubt southern dialect should even be considered somali).90% of somaliweyn supporters are die hard qabilists which should also turn you off from them.Arabism, Pan turkism has died,SomaliWeyn has also failed and died.It's time for independent Somali regions! Viva Somaliland and Death to the Amisomians!

waraabe

Your superior
somaliwayn is for the weak, poor and worthless clans. A strong man can stand on his own. reer somalia are crying because they know without SL all they will look forward to is infighting, starvations, foreign invasions

Dune is a cool series, you'll enjoy it. The series and several other Scifi series have inspired me to world-build my own series, its bound to be released three-fours years from now on as a Webcomic/Manga or maybe Light novel if I'm low in budget.

Trust its happening and in a faster rate, so all ethnic Somalis need to unite into one banner. Its more beneficial to us, we don't stand a chance when we are low in numbers.

Cool. I've thought about self publishing using amazon direct publishing, apparently they give writers a decent cut.

How would overcome clan differences and avoid the (what I can only see as) inevitable bloodshed?

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
Isaac should have sovereignty & be able to control Berbera, burco, hargaisa. You can't force Samaroon, dhulbhante, Warsangeli to join you unless you want the rest of Somalia to force you to join them.
Samarone are on board...The hartis will be forced tho.It's a cold world out here and only the strong survive.

Cool. I've thought about self publishing using amazon direct punlishing, apparently they give writers a decent cut.

How would overcome clan differences and avoid the (what I can only see as) inevitable bloodshed?

I'm going to create my Original website for publishing and also post in popular Manga sites, it works for lots of beginners.

We need to forgive each other about the past and move on, but if that doesn't work we need to use Chinese means like Mao did in the cultural revolution.

I will give you good reasons not to subscribe to Somalieweyn.Firstly,those who propagate this failed ideology just want Isaaq to be ruled from Xamar.If you tell them Somaliland will join Somalia but Hargeisa will be where everyone will be ruled from they(Hawiye,Darood) would have heart attacks.Somalis will never have a centralized power or be united since the somali ethnic group doesn't exist,we are just tribes united by language(although I doubt southern dialect should even be considered somali).90% of somaliweyn supporters are die hard qabilists which should also turn you off from them.Arabism, Pan turkism has died,SomaliWeyn has also failed and died.It's time for independent Somali regions! Viva Somaliland and Death to the Amisomians!

I agree that clan differences make it impossible. Everybody wants to be in charge. It's the primary reason why I can't get behind it.

In reference to the bolded. I can remember reading something stating something to the effect of "Somaliland could have led the way, and the capital could have been moved to Hargeisa if Somaliland didn't want independece", and my immediate thought was 'yeah right, who would have agreed to that?'.

The main problem is clannism, if we need to survive as an ethnic group we need to get rid of them. Or take inspiration from another qabil country like Japan or UAE, which both use some kind of system which allows equality between all clans.

I'm going to create my Original website for publishing and also post in popular Manga sites, it works for lots of beginners.

We need to forgive each other about the past and move on, but if that doesn't work we need to use Chinese means like Mao did in the cultural revolution.

Mao's cultural revolution was pure bloodshed and it didn't leave all chinese with an equal footing, or dissolve all sentiments of independence. This is the point I'm making. If the result will be bloodshed, and likely Somaliweyn won't even be achieved, then what is the point in Somaliweyn? To be united angrily for the sake of it, likely under the thumb of a dictator. I don't think that kind of reality will bring Somalis together, make us powerful, or even give us dignity.

The main problem is clannism, if we need to survive as an ethnic group we need to get rid of them. Or take inspiration from another qabil country like Japan or UAE, which both use some kind of system which allows equality between all clans.

That sounds good - the only hope of implementing such a system though, would be the youth, but the youth are growing up in a perhaps even more clan based environment than their parents did.

Mao's cultural revolution was pure bloodshed and it didn't leave all chinese with an equal footing, or dissolve all sentiments of independence. This is the point I'm making. If the result will be bloodshed, and likely Somaliweyn won't even be achieved, then what is the point in Somaliweyn? To be united angrily for the sake of it, likely under the thumb of a dictator. I don't think that kind of reality will bring Somalis together, make us powerful, or even give us dignity.

So what Ideas you have for bringing us together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts