Why Should I Believe in Somaliweyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to ask this in the Debate section, but it looks like it's gone.

I noticed a lot of people online subscribe to the ideology of Somaliweyn. Some seem to do it out of genuine brotherly feeling towards all Somalis, others for far less virtuous reasons.

My personal opinion is that if Somaliweyn is something to aspire to, it is something to aspire to in the very long term. And that to insist in its implementation at this point in time and history, is akin to insisting on more bloodshed between Somali’s and not less. (Never mind non-Somalis) That it will actually make the concept much harder to realise down the line. This, coupled with the clannish mentality that Somalis have, makes me think it would be better for now, to concentrate on building up our various regions and countries until the time is right.

Why should I, as an Isaaq who’s family is from Somaliland, abandon the status quo and the overwhelming sentiments of my clansmen, to subscribe to the Somaliweyn ideology?

Convince me if you please.

Also, SomaliWadaniSoldier, please, nobody needs your input. Only serious replies.

I dont think somaliweyne has absolutely include every somali region. It should be a choice. If one region say yours (somaliland) disagrees and goes their own way, that should be okay. Last thing a somaliweyn would needs a region that has been forced to join. If out of somalia regions,sl, nfd, djibouti and somaliyada galbeed only one or two sits out, then that is a good outcome. You are absolutely right in that at this moment in time. We should focus on building up our tribal regions, enough time has to pass before old tribal scores are forgiven or forgotten.

Why should you subscribe to such ideology, well are you happy with the status quo? do you feel like somalis should be balkanize and subservant to Ethiopia and kenya? do you believe Ethiopia doesnt oppress SL and PL like they do to kismayo and Hiiraan out of fear of those two regions having a strong military and sovereign leadership? or is it because these two regions have accepted dominination and therefor ethiopia goes after south somalia because they rebel? if your answer is yes, then you agree that you dont have a sovereign nation meaning you are being domininated. You probably live in the west, you have seen what a soveriegn democratic nation is like, however when you look at all somali regions all claiming democracy, you know full well that its bogus. So how can you support such deception? Do we not deserve such governance practised in UK or Sweden although we would have to alter it suit our deen?

In my opinion somaliweyn means somali regions coming together as one and functioning like a country. It means new political leadership based on knowledge and experience. It means an isaaq can be a president and governor in Kismayo without people questioning his qabil only his politicies. A Rahanweyn could govern Burco and the locals would have to get used to af may may. It means Ethiopia and Kenya recognizing their meddling and interference is over. It means no somali leader will go to addis once every 3 months. It means wealth is shared across all regions. It means the role of tribal chiefs are reduced to nothing of any value meaning they will have absolutely no say in politics and policies. Nobody can hold any power or relevance through qabil. It means the capital doesnt have to be in Mogadisho. Every qabil will have to compromise on something they hold significant.

What do you think?

I dont think somaliweyne has absolutely include every somali region. It should be a choice. If one region say yours (somaliland) disagrees and goes their own way, that should be okay. Last thing a somaliweyn would needs a region that has been forced to join. If out of somalia regions,sl, nfd, djibouti and somaliyada galbeed only one or two sits out, then that is a good outcome. You are absolutely right in that at this moment in time. We should focus on building up our tribal regions, enough time has to pass before old tribal scores are forgiven or forgotten.

Why should you subscribe to such ideology, well are you happy with the status quo? do you feel like somalis should be balkanize and subservant to Ethiopia and kenya? do you believe Ethiopia doesnt oppress SL and PL like they do to kismayo and Hiiraan out of fear of those two regions having a strong military and sovereign leadership? or is it because these two regions have accepted dominination and therefor ethiopia goes after south somalia because they rebel? if your answer is yes, then you agree that you dont have a sovereign nation meaning you are being domininated. You probably live in the west, you have seen what a soveriegn democratic nation is like, however when you look at all somali regions all claiming democracy, you know full well that its bogus. So how can you support such deception? Do we not deserve such governance practised in UK or Sweden although we would have to alter it suit our deen?

In my opinion somaliweyn means somali regions coming together as one and functioning like a country. It means new political leadership based on knowledge and experience. It means an isaaq can be a president and governor in Kismayo without people questioning his qabil only his politicies. A Rahanweyn could govern Burco and the locals would have to get used to af may may. It means Ethiopia and Kenya recognizing their meddling and interference is over. It means no somali leader will go to addis once every 3 months. It means wealth is shared across all regions. It means the role of tribal chiefs are reduced to nothing of any value meaning they will have absolutely no say in politics and policies. Nobody can hold any power or relevance through qabil. It means the capital doesnt have to be in Mogadisho. Every qabil will have to compromise on something they hold significant.

What do you think?

I agree with most of what you have written. But I do think the idea that as individual countries we will be pushed around, but as Somalia we won't be, is a massive false dichotomy. It is possible for each country to be truly independent in that scenario, and it is also possible for a united somalia to be someone/everyones , in that scenario.

Apollo

VIP
Somaliweyn is a pipe dream.

Djibouti is an Illuminati puppet state to safeguard crude oil tankers at the Bab-el-Mandeb. It will never be part of Somalia.
And Ethiopia and Kenya are too powerful for Somalia to defeat.

We should focus on building what we have.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
Somalidiids will never be pro-somaliweyn. They are gaaloraac worshipping xabashis and british.

There are honourable isaaqs who are somaliweyn, and i love them.

But somalidiids are the worst of all somalis. Wished i had great power to order executions for them.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
Somalidiids will never be pro-somaliweyn.

But somalidiids are the worst of all somalis. Wished i had great power to order executions for them.
Spoken like a true faqash.Meanwhile Amisom execute and rape throughout your land.Dumb ass Hutu

Apollo

VIP
Somalidiids will never be pro-somaliweyn. They are gaaloraac worshipping xabashis and british.

Re-education labour camps should do the trick.

Once we conquer them they will be sent to the gulags.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Red eyed Koonfurians filled with hate, each generation worse than the former. While Landers are torch bearers of peace, horumar and tranquility.

Stay salty while we build. Wallahi I can't wait for my generation who've been educated internationally, to go back home and extract oil, minerals, and completely eliminate poverty in our regions. You dirty koonfur cuqdad children only make isaaq unity stronger and our zeal to succeed even greater Allah has truly blessed beesha isaaq.

Red eyed Koonfurians filled with hate, each generation worse than the former. While Landers are torch bearers of peace, horumar and tranquility.

Stay salty while we build. Wallahi I can't wait for my generation who've been educated internationally, to go back home and extract oil, minerals, and completely eliminate poverty in our regions. You dirty koonfur cuqdad children only make isaaq unity stronger and our zeal to succeed even greater Allah has truly blessed beesha isaaq.

The impression I have always got is that these people are not interest in unity, and what they're really interested in is subjugation. I seriously made this thread in the hope that somebody would prove to me that wasn't true. In the end their real sentiments come out. They want war and bloodshed and subjugation.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
The impression I have always got is that these people are not interest in unity, and what they're really interested in is subjugation. I seriously made this thread in the hope that somebody would prove to me that wasn't true. In the end their real sentiments come out. They want war and bloodshed and subjugation.

Inadeer wallahi oo bilaahi these ppl as a whole hate Isaaq. And that's not paranoia but a hardcore fact. There's no living dealing or sharing with these ppl. We tried in 1960, Bal eeg wixii nagu dhacey. Focks used our tax payer money to level our cities. Haddana waxay nagu leeyihiin soo noqda, walaaltinimo iyo huuhaa. War waxaas maba jire, unaka dib usocon mayno. Alx ilaahi shartooda wuu naga fogeeyey

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP

We will teach our children to hate somalidiids for eternity, and insha Allah a day comes when united somalia enters every house in xaargaysa beheading every somalidiid , and rewarding every pro-somaliweyn isaaq citizen.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
We will teach our children to hate somalidiids for eternity, and insha Allah a day comes when united somalia enters every house in xaargaysa beheading every somalidiid , and rewarding every pro-somaliweyn isaaq citizen.

War khayaliga ka kac. Afweyne taa bu rabey, asaguna suuli madow oo Nigeria kutaala ayuu ku bakhtiyey kkkk. Idinkuna waligiin waad iswada cunaysaan.

Magaca ilaahi afkaaga yaro qudhmeysa kasaar. Nijaas batahay, doofarkuna abidkiis ma daahiro

I agree with most of what you have written. But I do think the idea that as individual countries we will be pushed around, but as Somalia we won't be, is a massive false dichotomy. It is possible for each country to be truly independent in that scenario, and it is also possible for a united somalia to be someone/everyones , in that scenario.

I gave you what the ultimate dream would look like sxb. How we end building somaliweyn I cannot even begin to imagine. I honestly believe that unity between somali means less money for currupt politicians and mooryaans. Personally i'd rather a somaliweyn thats more independent with strong military that can hold its own against other military power houses. We might aswell stay the way we are if we are going to have a somaliweyn that basically a bigger version of south somalia where you have amison more places.

I think a better question would be, how can we as people unite? we shouldnt even include regions that are indepent, declared independence or occupied. Just Somalia on its own.

I gave you what the ultimate dream would look like sxb. How we end building somaliweyn I cannot even begin to imagine. I honestly believe that unity between somali means less money for currupt politicians and mooryaans. Personally i'd rather a somaliweyn thats more independent with strong military that can hold its own against other military power houses. We might aswell stay the way we are if we are going to have a somaliweyn that basically a bigger version of south somalia where you have amison more places.

I think a better question would be, how can we as people unite? we shouldnt even include regions that are indepent, declared independence or occupied. Just Somalia on its own.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you tbh I had just had yet another conversation with someone here where they eventually admitted to being so hell bent on the idea of union that they were happy to see many people die, which would in effect make an honest union impossible, but they don't care. It's happened a few times that's why I'm getting stressed :diddyswag:

"how do we unite as a people"

People should first learn to actively avoid conflict at virtually all costs. I think the war mongers should be shamed cultually. If that makes sense. With enough peace over enough years, the natural kinship will become more dominant. In the mean time, I'm not sure, I use to think the diaspora and the young would be better at finding unity and peace than older generation, giving that so many are born and raised outside of the milieu, now I'm not so sure.
how can we as people unite? we shouldnt even include regions that are indepent, declared independence or occupied. Just Somalia on its own.how do
how can we as people unite? we shouldnt even include regions that are indepent, declared independence or occupied. Just Somalia on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.