Stolen: How Yemenis stole Somali food and culture

Proves ethiosemtic langauges existed in Ethiopia since at least 2000bce. There’s written Ge’ez that dates back to 1000bce, imagine this is doesn’t even tell how long the transion took to becoming a localized variant of Semitics.

Stuart, Munro-Hay (1991). Aksum: An African Civilization of Late Antiquity. Edinburgh: University Press. p. 57. ISBN 978-0-7486-0106-6.

Lol, sidama were only apart of ethiopia in the last few hundred years. Bejas were conquered and it was written about. Agews are the original stalk of norther Ethiopians, yes but how can you mix with your own self?

Having a presence doesn't mean anything. There are south Arabian inscriptions all over Northern Somalia. Does that mean Somalia was part of Axum or that there were a large population of semites kind Somalia? No. Trade existed and so did communication. That doesn't mean that there was a major presence.

As for Sidaamo, seeing as their language is closest to the ancient Kerma/Kushites in Sudan, I very much doubt they are new to the area. Also "Ethiopia" is a modern invention. What was Abyssinnia only covered the northernmost regions of Tigreys and Amharas.

Having a presence doesn't mean anything. There are south Arabian inscriptions all over Northern Somalia. Does that mean Somalia was part of Axum or that there were a large population of semites kind Somalia? No. Trade existed and so did communication. That doesn't mean that there was a major presence.

As for Sidaamo, seeing as their language is closest to the ancient Kerma/Kushites in Sudan, I very much doubt they are new to the area.
True, but my point is that ethiosemtic languages are found no where else. Thus making their origin solely in Ethiopia. If there’s written Ethiopic languages dating to 1000bce which shows signs of maturity, meaning that they are not new and thus went through extensive development can only mean that they are of antiquity.

I didn’t say sidama were new to the region; I just meant that they were not apart of ethiopia proper until recently, meaning there was little to no mixing.

They are all mixed, if you are saying there are a number that came from Yemen and have never mixed for however many number of years then that is false. Hence why an Amhara is an Amhara now, found in their region.

I know they all mixed. I'm saying the number of those that descend from the mixture is much smaller than Cushitic people that have been habeshized. E.g. for every descendant of the mixture you get like 10 Cushites that have just been habeshized.

True, but my point is that ethiosemtic languages are found no where else. Thus making their origin solely in Ethiopia. If there’s written Ethiopic languages dating to 1000bce which shows signs of maturity, meaning that they are not new and thus went through extensive development can only mean that they are of antiquity.

I didn’t say sidama were new to the region; I just meant that they were not apart of ethiopia proper until recently, meaning there was little to no mixing.

Lol you sound like those butt-hurt North indians that don't believe in the Indo-Aryan invasion theory.

Lol you sound like those butt-hurt North indians that don't believe in the Indo-Aryan invasion theory.
You can’t dispute (yet) where Semitic langauges came from. My point is that there was never a large population of ME people who setttled in Ethiopia forming habeshas as it was once claimed, as it has been disproven numerous of times.

I know they all mixed. I'm saying the number of those that descend from the mixture is much smaller than Cushitic people that have been habeshized. E.g. for every descendant of the mixture you get like 10 Cushites that have just been habeshized.
I know, I'm trying to say that too, but descendants from the mixtures obviously mixed with Cushitic people too, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to go beyond one generation:icon lol:.

I know, I'm trying to say that too, but descendants from the mixtures obviously mixed with Cushitic people too, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to go beyond one generation:icon lol:.

Well, yeah obviously. I suppose you would know about that more than me. But my theory is based on DNA haplogroups (E1b1b and A being highest occuring), autosomal results (usually showing 20-40% MENA ancestry) and phenotype (most tigrey, Beja, Amhara, Oromo are physically indistinguishable f I'm one another) and history.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
They stole the Somali wedding/Eid rice from Somalis too. I went to an Ayrab wedding this year and it was among the dishes that were served.

They did, in Yemeni Arabic they call it Mindi, which in Somali means knife :russ:, stole our bariis style from us and even stole the way we added raisins in our bariis :kodaksmiley:, and they especially use it for weddings :susp:

Mandi
(mindi, mandy, mandee)

Mandi (المندي‎) is the traditional dish in Yemen native to Hadhramaut Province and many other Yemeni cities. Mandi is usually made from meat (lamb or chicken), basmati rice, and a mixture of spices. The meat used is usually a young and small sized lamb to enhance the taste further. Raisins and pine nuts can be added to the rice as per one's taste. Mandi is also considered as the main dish served in special events such as weddings and feasts.
  • ( Somali bariis influence)

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Do you guys see how in our dishes they stole, the arabs try to always write " Made in Yemen" :gucciwhat:, but when us SOMALIS describe our own dishes, we will be the first to say "Oh its like Indian/Yemeni/Ethiopian food" :gucciwhat: Why give other cultures who hate us air time in our indigenous dishes? Stop doing that shit. They aren't putting you on.

Look at this this thread, it was Somalis defending Somalis, but Shaansiyos and Ethiopians defending Yemenis . Now you know who is our friends.

Remember guys, for our food it was 100% MADE IN SOMALIA

thumb_COLOURBOX25557077.jpg

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Stop dodging the question and give us a reason
You Ethiopians are clearly obsessed with us
You have dozens of Ethiopian forums, go post there :camby:
Hey leave my boy alone, he proved himself 1000 times months ago :birdman:
He's not an Ethiopian troll or a hater :kodaksmiley:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
You can’t dispute (yet) where Semitic langauges came from. My point is that there was never a large population of ME people who setttled in Ethiopia forming habeshas as it was once claimed, as it has been disproven numerous of times.

we already proved your Ethiopian semitic languages have a cushitic substratum :russ:dirty Ethiopian

anyways this isn't a linguist thread, but a food thread, you can discuss ethiopian raw meat in the next thread :manny:

Trending

Latest posts