Puntland Agriculture and Food Production Thread

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need to create 'product tags' or install 'signs' in the market place so shoppers know what is local produce and goods, I know I will buy from a local producer over an import or other regional products and I am certain 99% of puntites would also. Puntland local government should create a separate section in the market for local producers so they are easily located. Or maybe Puntland government can create 'made in puntland signs' for local producers which they can hang at the front of they're stall. I would definitely think this will link up locals to local producers.

Some sort of Made in Puntland Sign that is visible in the market place is needed to distinguish puntites products made locally.

Last edited:
We need to create 'product tags' or install 'signs' in the market place so shoppers know what is local produce and goods, I know I will buy from a local producer over an import or other regional products and I am certain 99% of puntites would also. Puntland local government should create a separate section in the market for local producers so they are easily located. Or maybe Puntland government can create 'made in puntland signs' for local producers which they can hang at the front of they're stall. I would definitely think this will link up locals to local producers.

Some sort of Made in Puntland Sign that is visible in the market place is needed to distinguish puntites products made locally.
Or we could tax the imported goods. Making the local goods a little less expensive (more attractive to the consumer), and gaining tax dollars off the imported goods.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Horn Afrika since 'trade' is interlinked in Somalia, any move to tax other regions will be met with a stiff resistance from they're region when Puntland goods from Bosaso port r being moved within they're markets.

It wud trigger a trade war which isn't wise. But setting up puntland signs for puntland local producers is a better move becuz it won't give them an un-fair advantage in taxes but only give them an advertising edge so locals spend locally.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Neero in all honesty, I think it's cheaper and wiser to use cal-madow for agriculture, it's already fertile and use our deserts for oil and other mining minerals or solar export energy into all of Somalia. Once that sanaag road is done, I am buying farm-land there.

@Neero in all honesty, I think it's cheaper and wiser to use cal-madow for agriculture, it's already fertile and use our deserts for oil and other mining minerals or solar export energy into all of Somalia.
Calmadow is in the mountains with bad roads but agreed solar in the homes should be prio

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Neero

The dry condition of deserts helps promote the formation and concentration of important minerals. Gypsum, borates, nitrates, potassium and other salts build up in deserts when water carrying these minerals evaporates. Minimal vegetation has also made it easier to extract important minerals from desert regions.

According to United Nations statistics, over 50 percent of world copper comes from deserts in Mexico, Australia and Chile. Other minerals and metals like bauxite, gold and diamonds can be found in large quantities in the deserts of China, the United States and Namibia. Desert regions also hold 75 percent of known oil reserves in the world.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Neero Why don't we collect our abudant 'stones' and put them through plant crushers and processing factories to create various road bases, construction materials and 'store' them in warehouses, these items don't perish meaning long-life, we can store it for local use or export.

It's very expensive to do this constantly for every project, we must learn about how to 'store' these important construction materials for later usage.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Neero these damn irir kept us in civil war mode for 30 years, now we missing the oil game as countries are beginning migration plans to renewable energy. Wallahi we got 30 years left before this game end in 2050, im so sick of irirs, these ppl are 'xoolo' runti. Mustaqbalka dadkeena bay ku cayareen, look at djibouti, independent since 77 and all they have is foreign military base economy, living of renting. Irir are the worst leaders. I scream when they come to seek governance, they are just total xoolo who wont see they are not FIT to rule.

@Neero these damn irir kept us in civil war mode for 30 years, now we missing the oil game as countries are beginning migration plans to renewable energy. Wallahi we got 30 years left before this game end in 2050, im so sick of irirs, these ppl are 'xoolo' runti. Mustaqbalka dadkeena bay ku cayareen, look at djibouti, independent since 77 and all they have is foreign military base economy, living of renting. Irir are the worst leaders. I scream when they come to seek governance, they are just total xoolo who wont see they are not FIT to rule.
Sxb rawanda went trough genocide and look at them now man certain somalis have proven themself to be low iq

Trending