Puntland Agriculture and Food Production Thread

"Israel" is mostly semi-arid with poor soil quality but they are successful at Agricultural Developments. We can learn from them.

The discussion was both thought provoking and revealing. While Israel is not a natural nor seemingly sensible place for agriculture – two thirds of the land is semi-arid or arid and much of the soil is of poor quality – the opposite is true across most of Africa. Yet despite these challenges, Israel has not only managed to create a remarkable agricultural transformation, ensuring national food security and establishing thriving export industries, but has emerged as a global leader in agriculture and water management. On the other hand, many countries in Africa still record among the lowest farm productivity in the world and with extreme poverty increasingly concentrated in Africa, this is becoming an ever-greater and pressing global challenge.

Gaalkacyo Greenhouse Farming

20211214_084757.jpg
20211214_084745.jpg
20211214_084806.jpg
20211214_084830.jpg

On the Road to self sufficiency, Puntlanders support Banadir farmers​

200 liin dhanaan trees and 200 qumbe trees heading to the capital garowe .
It doesnt sound much laakin these liin dhanaan trees will grow and give you liin for upto 50+ years and the coconut trees will give you fruits for 75+ years with the right NPK , water and spacing both will be rewarding.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP

200 liin dhanaan trees and 200 qumbe trees heading to the capital garowe .
It doesnt sound much laakin these liin dhanaan trees will grow and give you liin for upto 50+ years and the coconut trees will give you fruits for 75+ years with the right NPK , water and spacing both will be rewarding.
How much do they cost?

@repo You can also get half way matured dwarf coconut trees from janaale , once you planted it will only take a year or two to give you fruits but the lifespan will not be 70+ years. I'm Interested to find out how it does in garowe soil . With dark rich soil around afgooye each tree gives over 200 fruits per year .
Coconut farming is underrated . Trees that my aabo and awoowe planted are still giving us fruits.
There are many value addition too .
The coconut coir (fiber) alone is good money , most nursery and hydroponics now a days in canada would rather use the coconut fiber for the median instead of Peat Moss because getting peat moss is harmful for the environment , I wont be suprised if they outright ban peat moss in canada in the future.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
@repo You can also get half way matured dwarf coconut trees from janaale , once you planted it will only take a year or two to give you fruits but the lifespan will not be 70+ years. I'm Interested to find out how it does in garowe soil . With dark rich soil around afgooye each tree gives over 200 fruits per year .
Coconut farming is underrated . Trees that my aabo and awoowe planted are still giving us fruits.
There are many value addition too .
The coconut coir (fiber) alone is good money , most nursery and hydroponics now a days in canada would rather use the coconut fiber for the median instead of Peat Moss because getting peat moss is harmful for the environment , I wont be suprised if they outright ban peat moss in canada in the future.
How much is coconut water intake compared to lemon? I know lemon has a low water footprint and can grow in Garowe. I don't know if it's viable on a commercial scale because of the water. It's more ideal to grow date palms but that's a long ROI which is probably why we don't see much. It can take up to 10 years to grow fruits. How much do you think the matured dwarf trees cost if you had to roughly estimate and which trees are most to least expensive?

Trending

Latest posts