Neighbouring countries are depended on Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this

even Kenya benefits from Somalia's conflict

Here’s how it works, allegedly: ships laden with sugar enter the port of Kismayo, and leave it with a cargo of coal. The KDF levies a US$2 tax on every bag of sugar, while al-Shabaab collects US$1 050 per truck that departs the port. Each truck is taxed again on its way through Somalia by the Jubaland administration (Jubaland is a semi-autonomous region of Somalia), and then again by other KDF elements as it crosses the Kenyan border. For charcoal, the same process operates in reverse.

It’s big business. This illegal trade brings in tens of millions of dollars per year for the KDF elements involved, while al-Shabaab takes home more than US$100 million from charcoal alone. ‘The charcoal trade is not some kind of illicit hobby for KDF officers stationed in Kismayo to earn some pocket money. Together with the import of sugar, it is in fact, the main reason they are there,’ said the report.

The implications are staggering. Not only are Kenyan soldiers profiting from the Somali conflict, they are helping their enemy do the same – the very enemy that funds terrorist attacks on Kenyan soil. It makes a mockery of the entire regional effort to combat al-Shabaab. Further, it raises questions about how much the Kenyan government really knows about what its military is up to. It is damning either way: either the politicians are colluding, or they have no control.

If this report is true, then Kenya’s intervention in Somalia is nothing more than a criminal enterprise, a perfect example of the intersection between organised crime and politics, with an added twist: all its running costs are paid for by the international donors that fund AMISOM.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41734&catid=56&Itemid=111

everyone benefits from Somalia, and want it to remain in conflict.

This is the very reason we will win in the long run. The past decade hurt but i know 100% we will win out in the end! inshallah.

Ethiopia isn’t the problem. We are.

Lack of priorities and scapegoating (Scaping-Ari) has become a national sport.

The Ethiopian boggie man was used unify Somalis as we have shown time and time again that when Somalis have common enemy they always come together. This was in the past, and today having a physical enemy (A person or nation) doesn’t work for Somalia anymore.

Our common enemy as Somalis is terrorism, poor governance, corruption, tribalism, scarcity and 100,0001 million other reasons. Ethiopia isn’t even on our top 10 list of common issues.

Here’s a an excersise for some of you.

1.Take out a piece of paper and think of a business you would like to start in Somalia.

2. Draw a line in between.

3. One side write Risks/challenges and on the other side write Ethiopia.

4. Please PM me if there’s one single issue on the “Ethiopia” side of your list.

Ethiopia isn’t the problem. We are.

Lack of priorities and scapegoating (Scaping-Ari) has become a national sport.

The Ethiopian boggie man was used unify Somalis as we have shown time and time again that when Somalis have common enemy they always come together. This was in the past, and today having a physical enemy (A person or nation) doesn’t work for Somalia anymore.

Our common enemy as Somalis is terrorism, poor governance, corruption, tribalism, scarcity and 100,0001 million other reasons. Ethiopia isn’t even on our top 10 list of common issues.

Here’s a an excersise for some of you.

1.Take out a piece of paper and think of a business you would like to start in Somalia.

2. Draw a line in between.

3. One side write Risks/challenges and on the other side write Ethiopia.

4. Please PM me if there’s one single issue on the “Ethiopia” side of your list.

Mudane Larry Puntite again with the facts :qri8gs7:

stick to youtube

Don’t tell me you’re of those guys that has the Ethiopian Boggie Man Syndrome ENMS

I realized out all the people who suffer from ENMS they need ENEMY to justify their failures.

:ufdup: Please tell me what’s on the Ethiopian side of your business plans risks management.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
The Xoosh is right, the Xabashi raw meat eaters do benefit from the conflicts in Somalia. Just look at AMISOM. It's basically their militia.

However, dealing with more important problems like Al Shabaab and corruption, will in turn deal with Ethiopia. Their influence will be greatly limited.

Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Lol I didn’t know credit ratings were determined by being in an insecure region and not by the financial viability of payments of said country.
Ethiopia makes chump change in Somalia, the only reason why it’s still there is because it can play on the counter terrorism narrative to the Eu and USA. Even recently Ethiopia threatened (black mailed) America to drop their congressional bill that would have sanctioned Ethiopia for it’s heavy handedness.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Lol I didn’t know credit ratings were determined by being in an insecure region and not by the financial viability of payments of said country.
Ethiopia makes chump change in Somalia, the only reason why it’s still there is because it can play on the counter terrorism narrative to the Eu and USA. Even recently Ethiopia threatened (black mailed) America to drop their congressional bill that would have sanctioned Ethiopia for it’s heavy handedness.

modern day ethiopia was created by European colonists to specifically subjugate Somalis :gucciwhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts