Honest discussion- What do you think of Somaliweyn?

Somaliweyn, yes or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you need to work on your trolling.

Tell me this. How does Somaliland benefit by uniting with Somalia? You're basically just asking them to clean up Somalia's mess because of "Somalinimo".

I hope you realize how idiotic that sounds.
If your read the first post in this thread you'll see I stated that a Unified Somalia will only work if everybody has something to gain. Somaliland has at the moment not much to gain, and have reasonable cynicism. But Insha'Allah in the future things will change.

I never said SL should join "just because" that would never happen anyways, but they won't or can't outright leave either.

If your read the first post in this thread you'll see I stated that a Unified Somalia will only work if everybody has something to gain. Somaliland has at the moment not much to gain, and have reasonable cynicism. But Insha'Allah in the future things will change.

I never said SL should join "just because" that would never happen anyways, but they won't or can't outright leave either.
Short term, probably not much. However long term, tbh they would be better off with Somalia if things end up going well.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
the people that reside in somalia are somali, I'm assuming your somali too. thus the only difference between you and them is qabil.

The difference between me and them are borders. Somaliland is an independent state. I never attacked them for their qabil so don't straw man me.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
kkkkkk the subhuman plebs in Somalia will be broken, the clans will be divided and scattered, the culture will be altered, the children will be brainwashed until the Somali's loyalty is to the state and the state alone.

:drakekidding:

Blood alone moves the wheels of history.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Don't agree with the whole split into multiple nations, everyone within those micro nations will want power, too, and then next thing you know there are like 100 countries. If one region recedes, everyone else will want to, too. That's why we need a better plan. Basically what I am saying is, greed is powerful, and poisonous.

I'm calling for Democracy not something new. I want what was promised for Somalis and until that changes, I won't unite with the south.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Short term, probably not much. However long term, tbh they would be better off with Somalia if things end up going well.

I disagree, Somalia is politically unstable. The main issue is that Somaliland will be overshadowed by the larger south. The north was barely developed during the Barre era.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I disagree, Somalia is politically unstable. The main issue is that Somaliland will be overshadowed by the larger south. The north was barely developed during the Barre era.

Can you shut the f*ck up for a moment Jesus fucking Christ

You're making it seem that Somaliland is moving to another planet kkkkkkk

We're still going to be neighbours and still share the same ethnicity, we'll just be in different countries.

Once you give up on this single unified state you'll realize how many advantages having 3 Somali states gives us as a people.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
:kanyehmm:
if you aren't qabilist and hate qabil. what reason do you have of wanting somaliland to separate?

Somaliland never received the political share that it deserved during the union. Somaliland never received the development the south received. Everything was given to Mogadishu whilst hargeisa was always snubbed. Let's not forget how we were treated in the war.

Even if it was developed, it's not like he was going to listen to them anyways. If we do combine, every region needs representation, and ways to know that the government will not abuse them. Somalia also needs to develop a strong working class, and education not only in the cities, but in the rural parts too. Right now, they can't even trust their neighbors 10 minutes away, how can they trust a government?

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
It is as inevitable as the sun rising from the east.

I believe in the Somali people, I believe we will overcome our petty differences, I believe in our ability to reshape not only our country but Africa and beyond.

I do not suffer from the insecurity that unfortunately plagues many of my compatriots; I believe the Somali race is the finest to ever walk this earth and will do everything in my power to convince them of this fact.

Muj. Bahal make Somalia great again. Take the torch and show us the way. I haven't seen you engage in those petty tribal threads :hmm: I don't know if its a facade or not. :ehh:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Even if it was developed, it's not like he was going to listen to them anyways. If we do combine, every region needs representation, and ways to know that the government will not abuse them. Somalia also needs to develop a strong working class, and education not only in the cities, but in the rural parts too. Right now, they can't even trust their neighbors 10 minutes away, how can they trust a government?

Somaliland will be taking a huge risk that it cannot turn back on if it chooses unionism. The risks must be overshadowed by the advantage and if we're all honest, the risks are too high.

Somaliland has more to lose then gain. This will be a political gamble which is I think is not worth it.

For those who believe Somaliweyn is possible which includes me, everything has been said. However the next question should be where do we start and how do we bring this about. Like where do we start? do we start of with creating somali news channels solely for the purpose of spreading awareness? do we set up a Somaliweyn political party? I dont think its possible and I actually think our own tribal chiefs would call for our murder since the status qou suits them perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending