Honest discussion- What do you think of Somaliweyn?

Somaliweyn, yes or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I don't know what triggers them more a Somali atheist or a pro-SL Darood. :pachah1:
My aunti (dulbahante) leads a huge business in Burco. My uncle is the head of a local Hargeisa police department. Point is, we're everywhere. Telesom is also owned partly by dulbahantes.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
A democracy would mean EVERY single person would have to vote, thats not reasonable.

Not it doesn't. People will turn out and based on the turn out, there will be a vote count and then majority holder wins. However, some things cannot be voted on such as human rights.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
U mad bro? :hahaidiot:

Not mad but how many times can you say the same thing over and over again honestly :lol:

Muj. Bahal make Somalia great again. Take the torch and show us the way. I haven't seen you engage in those petty tribal threads :hmm: I don't know if its a facade or not. :ehh:

No facade, join us brother

The Somali race must shed the shackles of the past if we are to survive as a people

To be reduced to warring clans in the 21st century is shameful. Like the Mongol hordes that finally united and swept the known world to the Arabs doomed to perpetual internecine conflict in the desert before the coming of the Prophet only to conquer ancient empires in a matter of decades, we must unite if we are to leave our mark on this world.

The alternative is to be consigned to the dustbin of the history as just another exterminated race. These people do not understand the grave demographic threat we face as a people, 100 million hungry landlocked Ethiopian peasants to our west and quite literally a billion Bantus to our south. This century will determine whether or not the Somali people will survive to see another century.

By 2050, Africa will be home to an additional 1.3 billion people, in a continent already suffering from chronic violence, hunger, and drought. Ethiopia is projected to be the 9th most populous country on the planet, while the Somali people will number no more than 30 million. Where does that leave us as a people?

Not it doesn't. People will turn out and based on the turn out, there will be a vote count and then majority holder wins. However, some things cannot be voted on such as human rights.
Hm..well how about a democratic republic, or at least a way you can't overthrow the government when ever you please. Or at least a definition on what we mean by a democracy.

My aunti (dulbahante) leads a huge business in Burco. My uncle is the head of a local Hargeisa police department. Point is, we're everywhere. Telesom is also owned partly by dulbahantes.
Dhulbahantes are an integral part of SL. It'd be a great day for Somaliland democracy to see a Dhulbahante or Warsangeli as president.

I just hope SL political parties move from largely tribal based alliances into parties based on politically ideological differences.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Dhulbahantes are an integral part of SL. It'd be a great day for Somaliland democracy to see a Dhulbahante or Warsangeli as president.

I just hope SL political parties move from largely tribal based alliances into parties based on politically ideological differences.

There is hope with Somaliland. The young generation will be the ones to break those lines I promise you that.

I can see a Somaliland female president.

I want a constitutional democracy.
If your talking about one like america, they aren't a true democracy. They are a democratic republic.

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. Darood are victims of genocide perpetrated by the ruthless Sl regime.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
If your talking about one like america, they aren't a true democracy. They are a democratic republic.
What do you mean by a true democracy? Most countries are republics.

Damn, I meant parliamentary democracy. Somalia has it already but it's highly flawed and the president is picked by the parliament.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Bahal from another era:

I have completely and irrevocably abandoned the poisonous ideology of qabiil.

The Somali people have reached the precipice and seem doomed to perdition. In every corner of the Horn of Africa, the Somali people are uniformly destitute, ignorant, utterly divided, and vulnerable to total domination by historic enemies determined to extinguish the Somali name from the very face of the earth. We will be forever consigned to the dustbin of history, a mere footnote, another conquered and subjugated race inexorably subsumed and supplanted by nations who enviously eye the blessed and fruitful land the Almighty has given us and which we have neglected.

They say history is written by the victor, but I tell you history is written in the blood of the vanquished. To avoid this most humiliating and intolerable fate, it is incumbent on our people to transcend the very institution that has shackled them for generations. Africa's only natural nation-state, a people so homogeneous they fabricated myths to separate themselves, yet paradoxically today a collection of war-torn and poverty stricken fiefdoms and vassal statelets paying tribute and performing kowtow to a single master that uses internecine conflict to check each statelet against each other to keep them from amassing too much power.

We find ourselves at the brink, yet I still genuinely believe that we can rekindle the embers of Somalinimo that smolders in the heart of every Somali, resurrect that indomitable spirit which made us the natural masters of the Horn, and return to our rightful place as the hegemonic power we once were.

The solution to nearly every single problem we face is so frustratingly simple; abolish this archaic system of social organization that belongs to the paleolithic.

Only then can we truly realize our destiny.

tfw you still believe

o3tFbs.gif

Bahal from another era:

I have completely and irrevocably abandoned the poisonous ideology of qabiil.

The Somali people have reached the precipice and seem doomed to perdition. In every corner of the Horn of Africa, the Somali people are uniformly destitute, ignorant, utterly divided, and vulnerable to total domination by historic enemies determined to extinguish the Somali name from the very face of the earth. We will be forever consigned to the dustbin of history, a mere footnote, another conquered and subjugated race inexorably subsumed and supplanted by nations who enviously eye the blessed and fruitful land the Almighty has given us and which we have neglected.

They say history is written by the victor, but I tell you history is written in the blood of the vanquished. To avoid this most humiliating and intolerable fate, it is incumbent on our people to transcend the very institution that has shackled them for generations. Africa's only natural nation-state, a people so homogeneous they fabricated myths to separate themselves, yet paradoxically today a collection of war-torn and poverty stricken fiefdoms and vassal statelets paying tribute and performing kowtow to a single master that uses internecine conflict to check each statelet against each other to keep them from amassing too much power.

We find ourselves at the brink, yet I still genuinely believe that we can rekindle the embers of Somalinimo that smolders in the heart of every Somali, resurrect that indomitable spirit which made us the natural masters of the Horn, and return to our rightful place as the hegemonic power we once were.

The solution to nearly every single problem we face is so frustratingly simple; abolish this archaic system of social organization that belongs to the paleolithic.

Only then can we truly realize our destiny.

tfw you still believe

o3tFbs.gif
Damn that was some nice propoganda. You almost had me there.

Comrade Goebbels would be proud. :pachah1:

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
I would have understand if Somalia is stable but looking at the current situation it's no where near stable. So why on earth would Somaliland join unstable troubled Somalia when there is nothing they will gain from?

Somaliland should be the least of your worries and sort yourselves out first and foremost.

We all want to see stable and prosperous Somalia but do we want to join Somalia? the answer is still NO which is something that is agreed by most I mean 90% of landers whether they are in back home or diaspora. We are comfortable just the way things are recognistion or not. Peace, stability and the increasing little development we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts