Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
zGHQb4O.gif

It’s over for us all, Somalia will get it and we all know it’ll spread like a wildfire. We need to pull a Trump and iSOLATE
Thank you sister, someone with a brain! I've got it and coughing in everyone's face. The Somali house I am in leave in a couple of hours

By Jack Guy, CNN

Updated 2033 GMT (0433 HKT) March 3, 2020

200303063412-jonathan-mok-coronavirus-attack-split-super-16-9.jpg

Jonathan Mok said he was attacked in London, causing injury to his right eye. He posted two photos of his face on social media, explaining: "One image was taken in the mirror and hence, the laterally inverted image. The image that seems so be much swollen was taken as a selfie-- and the bruising only developed in the following day."
(CNN)A 23-year-old Chinese man studying in London has spoken out about racism linked to the coronavirus after suffering facial injuries in a "racially aggravated assault."

Jonathan Mok wrote about his ordeal in a public post on Facebook Monday, detailing how he was attacked by a group of people on Oxford Street, a busy shopping area in the center of the British capital, at about 9.15 p.m. local time (4.15 p.m. ET) on February 24.
The attack comes at a time of increasing xenophobia against people of East Asian appearance in the UK and around the world.
"The guy who tried to kick me then said, 'I don't want your coronavirus in my country', before swinging another sucker punch at me, which resulted in my face exploding with blood (from my nose)," wrote Mok.

What's spreading faster than coronavirus in the US? Racist assaults and ignorant attacks against Asians

Mok said doctors told him the assailants had left him with "a few fractures" in his face and he might need reconstructive surgery.
London's Metropolitan Police confirmed in a statement that they are investigating the "racially aggravated assault" against Mok.
"Enquiries continue to identify the suspects; including an assessment of available CCTV," said police in a statement. "There has been no arrest at this stage."
Mok said this was not the first time he had suffered racist abuse in the past few weeks, and underlined his determination to highlight an important issue.
"I've studied in London for the past 2 years and every year, I am subjected to racist remarks (whether innocent or made with malice)," he wrote. "To those people who told me that London isn't racist, think again."
CNN has contacted Mok for further comment.

As the coronavirus spreads, fear is fueling racism and xenophobia

Mok's case is one of a number of incidents that have occurred in the UK during the global coronavirus outbreak, and hate crime awareness group Stop Hate UK recently raised concerns.
"Stop Hate UK has recently received an increasing number of calls, across our helpline areas, from people experiencing racism, discrimination and verbal abuse, arising from perceptions that they are members of the Chinese community and therefore likely to be carriers of the coronavirus," said the organization in a statement.
"We find this deeply concerning and we want our Helpline areas to know that we are here to help, advise and reassure anyone affected by such incidents."
Discrimination has been rising in the US, with experts blaming ignorance and misinformation for racist and xenophobic attacks against people who appear to be East Asian.
"With news of the coronavirus, we've seen an uptick in fear of people who look like this," said Rosalind Chou, a sociology professor at Georgia State University. "Real people are affected."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/03/uk/coronavirus-assault-student-london-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

By Jack Guy, CNN

Updated 2033 GMT (0433 HKT) March 3, 2020

200303063412-jonathan-mok-coronavirus-attack-split-super-16-9.jpg

Jonathan Mok said he was attacked in London, causing injury to his right eye. He posted two photos of his face on social media, explaining: "One image was taken in the mirror and hence, the laterally inverted image. The image that seems so be much swollen was taken as a selfie-- and the bruising only developed in the following day."
(CNN)A 23-year-old Chinese man studying in London has spoken out about racism linked to the coronavirus after suffering facial injuries in a "racially aggravated assault."

Jonathan Mok wrote about his ordeal in a public post on Facebook Monday, detailing how he was attacked by a group of people on Oxford Street, a busy shopping area in the center of the British capital, at about 9.15 p.m. local time (4.15 p.m. ET) on February 24.
The attack comes at a time of increasing xenophobia against people of East Asian appearance in the UK and around the world.
"The guy who tried to kick me then said, 'I don't want your coronavirus in my country', before swinging another sucker punch at me, which resulted in my face exploding with blood (from my nose)," wrote Mok.

What's spreading faster than coronavirus in the US? Racist assaults and ignorant attacks against Asians

Mok said doctors told him the assailants had left him with "a few fractures" in his face and he might need reconstructive surgery.
London's Metropolitan Police confirmed in a statement that they are investigating the "racially aggravated assault" against Mok.
"Enquiries continue to identify the suspects; including an assessment of available CCTV," said police in a statement. "There has been no arrest at this stage."
Mok said this was not the first time he had suffered racist abuse in the past few weeks, and underlined his determination to highlight an important issue.
"I've studied in London for the past 2 years and every year, I am subjected to racist remarks (whether innocent or made with malice)," he wrote. "To those people who told me that London isn't racist, think again."
CNN has contacted Mok for further comment.

As the coronavirus spreads, fear is fueling racism and xenophobia

Mok's case is one of a number of incidents that have occurred in the UK during the global coronavirus outbreak, and hate crime awareness group Stop Hate UK recently raised concerns.
"Stop Hate UK has recently received an increasing number of calls, across our helpline areas, from people experiencing racism, discrimination and verbal abuse, arising from perceptions that they are members of the Chinese community and therefore likely to be carriers of the coronavirus," said the organization in a statement.
"We find this deeply concerning and we want our Helpline areas to know that we are here to help, advise and reassure anyone affected by such incidents."
Discrimination has been rising in the US, with experts blaming ignorance and misinformation for racist and xenophobic attacks against people who appear to be East Asian.
"With news of the coronavirus, we've seen an uptick in fear of people who look like this," said Rosalind Chou, a sociology professor at Georgia State University. "Real people are affected."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/03/uk/coronavirus-assault-student-london-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

Wait is that the same guy both times?

He seems to have a black eye on opposite sides, and his nose is bigger on one of them. I know Chris Tucker infamously said "all y'all lookalike" but damn what is going on?

tumblr_inline_oqhc7046IB1rxn4ou_540.gif

:hmm:

Ps I know it is a mirror image, just messing about. The people who did this are obviously retarded or government agents.

London knife attack victim says her life has changed for ever

Ayfer Bektas left paralysed after random assault by Jason Kakaire in Edmonton last year

PA Media

Tue 3 Mar 2020 14.14 GMT First published on Tue 3 Mar 2020 14.00 GMT

Shares

A forensics team at the scene of one of five stabbings carried out by Jason Kakaire in Edmonton, north London, last spring. Photograph: Jack Taylor/Getty Images
A woman undergoing breast cancer treatment has said her life was “changed for ever” after being left paralysed by a man who went on a stabbing rampage in north London last year.

Ayfer Bektas, a mother of two from Edmonton, will never be able to walk again after she was attacked by Jason Kakaire as she went for an early evening walk near her home on 30 March 2019.

She sustained substantial injuries, including a severed spinal cord, and now struggles to leave the house and cannot sleep. She was stabbed with such ferocity that the knife handle snapped. The blade had to be surgically removed from her back.

Bektas was one of five people randomly attacked by Kakaire, 30, between 30 March and 2 April, four of whom were left with life-threatening injuries, a sentencing hearing at the Old Bailey heard.

Kakaire, who has been held at Broadmoor hospital, pleaded guilty to five alternative charges of wounding with intent and five charges of having a blade in public the day he was due to go on trial for attempted murder.

In a victim impact statement, read by the prosecutor, Rossano Scamardella QC, on Tuesday, Bektas described how she was the first victim of “a vicious assault” as she underwent cancer treatment.

She said: “The injury has totally changed my life forever. I suffer with tremendous psychological issues … and I always want someone behind me. I shout out in public … I cannot get these thoughts out of my head. I am too fearful to venture outside unless I absolutely have to. I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

2778.jpg

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
Read more
“I wake up so many times at night, if I manage to sleep at all. I do not cope well in crowded places either. My husband has not been able to work any more. My life has in one moment been turned upside down. I have no social life.

“I was not in employment at the time, but that’s because I was battling with breast cancer, which was diagnosed five years earlier. I was still getting treatment for this.

“Overall, the assault has had a terrible impact on me. I hope one day I will feel strong enough to live with some enjoyment again. I hope justice is served so he is unable to do this again.”

The other victims reported having similar mental and physical injuries. Suleyman Karayapi, who was stabbed as he left his home at 5am on 2 April to buy medication for his son, said he kept reliving the incident in his mind and had to be cared for by his heavily pregnant wife.

He said: “My wife only had two weeks to give birth to our child. I feared I wouldn’t see [the baby] growing up. I’m now suffering from depression. When I used to take my children to the park, I cannot do this. We have two children with disabilities.

“I am now living in fear. When I’m walking outside and someone walks past me, I feel frightened.”

Kakaire, also from Edmonton, told police he heard voices in his head in the days leading up to the attacks, telling him to kill people, the prosecutor said.

He will be sentenced at a later date after psychological reports.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ictim-says-life-was-changed-forever-by-attack