Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

@Abba Sadacha whats been happening in Xabashistaan

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tell us about what happened with Abiy cs OLA, Jawar, Ipsaa etc

Oromo's can do what they want, only if they are united, determined and then act upon that. If not, then, we'll have to suffer as a result of our own weaknesses. Similar to others in Ethiopia.

As far as OLA goes, it is doing well, and has been thwarting the abiy regimes attacks, there is a big war in Oromia that they keep hidden for a reason, this is why they are negotiating with tigray, because losing oromia to keep tigray, would be like investing a billion dollars to make a million, it'd be a huge loss. so they are using the army, the militias, police forces, etc, in oromia for this huge operation that has been in effect for a few weeks now.

jawar is preaching peace and unity, blah blah, basically, he is under pressure by abiy, and is trying to weaken diaspora support for the oromo liberation army. jawar is calling for negotiations and ceasefires, when we know, ethiopia is a brutal empire, where might is right, there can be no negotiations without one side being the loser, and the other being the victor.

No oromo wants independence from now on, they think they are in a position to dominate ethiopia forever so now they are all staunch ethiopianists

many still do, while others don't. the fact of the matter is, if a true oromo nationalist were to be ruling, the goals and aspirations of the oromo could be realized.
and also, if the western countries aren't prepared to see a balkanization of ethiopia, then it won't happen, it wouldn't be recognized.

Oromo's can do what they want, only if they are united, determined and then act upon that. If not, then, we'll have to suffer as a result of our own weaknesses. Similar to others in Ethiopia.

As far as OLA goes, it is doing well, and has been thwarting the abiy regimes attacks, there is a big war in Oromia that they keep hidden for a reason, this is why they are negotiating with tigray, because losing oromia to keep tigray, would be like investing a billion dollars to make a million, it'd be a huge loss. so they are using the army, the militias, police forces, etc, in oromia for this huge operation that has been in effect for a few weeks now.

jawar is preaching peace and unity, blah blah, basically, he is under pressure by abiy, and is trying to weaken diaspora support for the oromo liberation army. jawar is calling for negotiations and ceasefires, when we know, ethiopia is a brutal empire, where might is right, there can be no negotiations without one side being the loser, and the other being the victor.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You noted OLA is being undermined Jawar from Caruustan region of Oromia state. Tell us about the tribal nature/divisions of Qoti politics. I notice OLA are inactive among the famously nationalist eastern/Muslim Qoti clans. Dont hesitate to eloborate clan dynamics

Is this true?

I do not see the Afar state happening, simply because they are outnumbered both in Eritrea and in Ethiopia- in Djibouti, they may be able to fight well but then, of course, the foreign militaries there would assist the govt in power.
The only way that it could occur, is if the major players within Ethiopia assisted them, in exchange for access to their seaports, so the Oromo and others, could assist the Afar in exchange for access to the sea, however, the most likely ports we'd use is Berbera, to be honest. If Mogadishu allowed us to use theirs, that'd be welcome too- but I think Mogadishu is too busy getting its own affairs in order, to worry about helping anyone in Ethiopia. I did notice ONLF-Mogadishu relations getting better, though. Who knows.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I do not see the Afar state happening, simply because they are outnumbered both in Eritrea and in Ethiopia- in Djibouti, they may be able to fight well but then, of course, the foreign militaries there would assist the govt in power.
The only way that it could occur, is if the major players within Ethiopia assisted them, in exchange for access to their seaports, so the Oromo and others, could assist the Afar in exchange for access to the sea, however, the most likely ports we'd use is Berbera, to be honest. If Mogadishu allowed us to use theirs, that'd be welcome too- but I think Mogadishu is too busy getting its own affairs in order, to worry about helping anyone in Ethiopia. I did notice ONLF-Mogadishu relations getting better, though. Who knows.
just sad

Is this true?

thousands of Eritreans have been resettled in Dankalia region and the port city of Assab which is a program pushed by the Eritrean regime to ‘purify’ the territory from non Eritreans. Afars are a minority in their own region in Eritrea they don’t hold any significant opposition to the regime.

Trending

Latest posts