Why do women wear the hijab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Boss Cangeero Bear said you are subliminally implying things. It is extremely obvious. You’re emphasis that you weren’t forced and that you have a caring family is an example to that. Otherwise I’m just imagining things.
:gucciwhat: I was joking when I said that. Thought it was obvious, considering I added funny colis.

Poor form. If I was being forced to wear a hijab I would be seeking help not on a forum lol. I have been advised and people have tried to coerce me into the hijab and I said no, so I can’t say I was forced. I was lucky I guess. But there are many Muslim women who are pushed into it, and you know it wasn’t their choice because they can’t give you a good reason why they wear it or what it actually means. Their response is always

HIjaB mAKes Me mORe MoDeST :ulyin:

Furthermore you’re right about the Saudis, but I don’t think Islamic dressing is modest. Muslims say Jesus owned one pair of slippers, this would be my interpretation of dressing modestly. Not hiding woman. By pretending Islamic dress code affects men as much as it does with women you are being extremeley dishonest.
People being forced to wear a hijab and why do people wear a hijab are different issues.I also said that the Islamic dress code for men is ignored.

i think you are too focused on the idea of social adherence.Social adherence is a natural human phenomenon and will always occur , in fact one of the main reason you wear the clothes you wear is because of you wishing to further adhere to the social structure.Yes man is a social creature, Islam coerces society to follow a certain modesty practise , the vast majority simply follow.However enlightened Muslims will eventually hit a road block and will then rationalise their acts.

What you are trying to do is to state one social adherence is inherently less than another due to your world view shaped by "group think".Its comical but once you place yourself as an observer you will see your bias.

I believe you grew up a Muslim , hating the fact you were forced to wear hijab.Now you have left Islam , mainly due to adherence, you wish to rationalise your world views by trying to intentionally diminish another persons views.

SumMo

very lowkey
SumMo

I don’t care how a woman dresses but what caught my eye was your quote above which i found to be misleading. There is no command in the Koran to cover the hair and the neck of a female body. It’s found in Hadiths. The only place specifically mentiontioned in the Koran is to cover the bossom of females. The reason for that was the majority of the people in Mecca were pagans and females of the lower class were not required to cover their chest-bossom and walked bare chested/naked even while they were in the Ka’ba where they worshipped their polytheistic gods. That was the context in which the surah was revealed.
Sorry, i tend to mix up the authentic haidths and the quran. I find both of then to be reliable source and I follow them both. They go hand in hand

??? Islamically speaking, are they not?

Wearing a hijab doesn't make you a good or modest person by default, but how does wearing a hijab not make someone more modest?
It had nothing to do with Islam. She said they are a step ahead of non-hijabis in general.

I personally don't wear hijab. If I do decide to wear it? That's between I and Allah swt. Does that mean hijabi woman is better than me? The simple answer would be NO. So let's stop pointing fingers at each other and allow each individual to live their life's the best way they know how.

People being forced to wear a hijab and why do people wear a hijab are different issues.I also said that the Islamic dress code for men is ignored.

i think you are too focused on the idea of social adherence.Social adherence is a natural human phenomenon and will always occur , in fact one of the main reason you wear the clothes you wear is because of you wishing to further adhere to the social structure.Yes man is a social creature, Islam coerces society to follow a certain modesty practise , the vast majority simply follow.However enlightened Muslims will eventually hit a road block and will then rationalise their acts.

What you are trying to do is to state one social adherence is inherently less than another due to your world view shaped by "group think".Its comical but once you place yourself as an observer you will see your bias.

I believe you grew up a Muslim , hating the fact you were forced to wear hijab.Now you have left Islam , mainly due to adherence, you wish to rationalise your world views by trying to intentionally diminish another persons views.
I think Xalimah said before she was a quranist I’m not sure what that is but I believe she doesn’t believe in the Sunnah and that explains the interpretation given to the Ayah of the Hijab

SumMo

very lowkey
??? Islamically speaking, are they not?

Wearing a hijab doesn't make you a good or modest person by default, but how does wearing a hijab not make someone more modest?
Also women who wear hijab, regardless of their level of modesty, are representing Islam and the deen.

Considering the xenophobic climate of todays western society, wearing a hijab is actually a form of jihad. Everytime you step outside your door you are a target for racists and extremist. Do you really think these islamophobes care about weather or not you are wearing makeup? They see a headscarf, and they attack.

There are more rewards that come with wearing a hijab, than not wearing one. No point in even discussing this tbh.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Also women who wear hijab, regardless of their level of modesty, are representing Islam and the deen.

Considering the xenophobic climate of todays western society, wearing a hijab is actually a form of jihad. Everytime you step outside your door you are a target for racists and extremist.

There are more rewards that come with wearing a hijab, than not wearing one. No point in even discussing this tbh.
There's a clear difference between saying you get more rewards for wearing hijab, and saying that you are a step above people who don't wear a hijab.

I think Xalimah said before she was a quranist I’m not sure what that is but I believe she doesn’t believe in the Sunnah and that explains the interpretation given to the Ayah of the Hijab
xalimathe6 doesn't have a clearreligious basis in which she follows her clothing.This doesn't bother me as I couldn't care less.However she has a small feeling that she is wrong about the hijab. To strengthen her view points she will trying to diminish others.This is human nature, im simply here to remind her most people see through her bullshit.This coupled with psychological abuse by other Muslims who don't see her as a "full" Muslim leads to her resentment of hijabis.

Thus She will also try to connect more to her Somali side rather then her Muslim side.Im sure you can see this from her infatuation with "jeraar" a key view point held by Somalis.

My name is not actually Xalima btw. :lolbron:And yeah I only follow the Quran.
Alright then I recommend you read the Tafseer for that ayah.
Tafseer is more than just meaning
A quranic ayah bears no significance if directly translated the meaning depends on
When it was revealed
Where
The event that happend during it’s revelation
And linguistic aspect
Tafseer is an elucidation and interpretation
I will post the elucidation for that ayah and the others showing that there is proof in the quran itself that it IS compulsory

Muji

VIP

You are looking at me through the lense of an angry ex-Muslim who hates everything about Islam, but again I’m the biased one lol.

I came here looking for a beneficial reason for wearing a hijab. I know all Muslim women were not forced hence why I was asking for their reasons. If I was of the belief that they were forced I wouldn’t have asked them. That would be like going to jail and asking prisoners why they are prisoners.

I am genuinely interested in why a woman who lives in the West FREELY chooses to wear a hijab. So far I have not received a satisfactory answer. I’m being told it increases modesty, which it doesn’t as behaviour isn’t affected by a garment. If you’re a horrible person you will still be a horrible person regardless of what you wear. I’m being told it’s to hide beauty but these woman still show their faces and wear make up to enhance beauty.

Again you are falsely equating the female standards of hijab to the men, when you are only told not to wear certain stuff but woman are told to not only stop wearing certain clothing but to wear specific clothings in ADDITION. This is false equivalencey.

I personally don't wear hijab. If I do decide to wear it? That's between I and Allah swt. Does that mean hijabi woman is better than me? The simple answer would be NO. So let's stop pointing fingers at each other and allow each individual to live their life's the best way they know how.
You must have str8 hair
:lolbron:

xalimathe6 doesn't have a religious basis in which she follows her clothing.This doesn't bother me as I couldn't care less.However she has a small feeling that she is wrong about the hijab. To strengthen her view points she will trying to diminish others.This is human nature, im simply here to remind her most people see through her bullshit.This coupled with psychological abuse by other Muslims who don't see her as a "full" Muslim leads to her resentment of hijabis.She will also try to connect more to her Somali side rather then her Muslim side.Im sure you can see this from her infatuation with "jeraar" a key view point held by Somalis.
Lol I have no absolute feeling that i'm wrong about thinking you don't have to wear hijab in Islam. Why don't you confront SumMo, the one who ACTUALLY tried to diminish people who don't wear hijabs and said that hijabis are above non-hijabis? Because you are biased and feel the need to attack me because I don't share the same brainwashed views as you.

You are looking at me through the lense of an angry ex-Muslim who hates everything about Islam, but again I’m the biased one lol.

I came here looking for a beneficial reason for wearing a hijab. I know all Muslim women were not forced hence why I was asking for their reasons. If I was of the belief that they were forced I wouldn’t have asked them. That would be like going to jail and asking prisoners why they are prisoners.

I am genuinely interested in why a woman who lives in the West FREELY chooses to wear a hijab. So far I have not received a satisfactory answer. I’m being told it increases modesty, which it doesn’t as behaviour isn’t affected by a garment. If you’re a horrible person you will still be a horrible person regardless of what you wear. I’m being told it’s to hide beauty but these woman still show their faces and wear make up to enhance beauty.

Again you are falsely equating the female standards of hijab to the men, when you are only told not to wear certain stuff but woman are told to not only stop wearing certain clothing but to wear specific clothings in ADDITION. This is false equivalencey.
Male Islamic clothing includes wearing certain clothing of suitable length.However it is not to the extent of Muslim women.As for your question it ultimately is a religious obligation and social adherence.The latter is done by all hijabis the former is often a backup

What a shame
:gucciwhat:
Keep that shit under a jilbaab
:hillarybiz:
My hair is exactly like this and I love it.
IMG_1814.JPG

SumMo

very lowkey
You must have str8 hair
:lolbron:
lol what does hair texture have to do with wearing hijab or not? My hair is straight and I wear a hijab. So let the girl be warya! Stop mocking people, she is allowed to make her own choice (as long as she doesn’t talk down on hijabis that is).
:hillarybiz:

Status
Not open for further replies.