Why do women wear the hijab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this girl who I could tell was Somali yet thought was Ethiopian.She came up to me and began talking about how she is my cousin.(dubais)
:jcoleno:
Nacaala she had a fat ass too
:kanyehmm:
Us warsangali have been the upper class of Somalia so it's only natural that we are more secular
I'm not saying it's a good thing though

Muji

VIP
That may or may not be your argument however it's far from xalimathe6s suggestions.Wearing the FULL hijab is seen as a way to perpetuate modesty within a community.Modesty in Islam is a requirement for both men and women , for the former it involves not wearing certain type of clothes.Obviously someone following both codes of modesty is more modest in APPEARENCE than those who don't.Furthermore it is not only the hijab that is needed for modesty it is also the covering of the body with loose clothing, not wearing perfume etc.Obviously focusing on people who only wear the hijab and are not completely following the modest path which is just a choice.Im non chalant about this as my family is diverse in their practising , I am not one to judge however I can often see through the Intention of critiques.

I don’t know I’ve seen how Saudis dress and it doesn’t appear modest. I thought modesty meant dressing in a humble fashion, not wearing extravagant robes and make up. Maybe I’m wrong.

You cannot equate the Islamic male dress code with the women’s. You could step into almost any culture and fit in with their dress code however a Muslim woman outside of a Muslim country can’t.

blindly supporting the hijab bears no costs to you. I know hijabis who are depressed as a result of wearing it and also feel anxious in new spaces. They pay the real price hence why I find your thinking to be biased as you can’t possibly empathise.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
Nayaa I am a man. Leave my muscles alone you pervert! We Somali men used to fight with our shirt off to show our enemies how fierce and muscular we were.

16903515_10155399583964523_7864702633411543550_o.jpg
That’s a painting.

That may or may not be your argument however it's far from xalimathe6s suggestions.Wearing the FULL hijab is seen as a way to perpetuate modesty within a community.Modesty in Islam is a requirement for both men and women , for the former it involves not wearing certain type of clothes.Obviously someone following both codes of modesty is more modest in APPEARENCE than those who don't.Furthermore it is not only the hijab that is needed for modesty it is also the covering of the body with loose clothing, not wearing perfume etc.Obviously focusing on people who only wear the hijab and are not completely following the modest path which is just a choice.Im non chalant about this as my family is diverse in their practising , I am not one to judge however I can often see through the Intention of critiques.
So now wearing perfume is haram? :drakelaugh:This is why some people say Muslims stink :lolbron:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Muji

VIP
Sister I don't care about that qashin. She sent me a paragraph attacking me for something I didn't do, and also told me that i'm a step below hijabis and yet i'm being hateful. :drakelaugh::nahgirl:

I’m honestly surprised she admitted she thinks she’s a better person than you for wearing a hijab. They usually keep that quiet.

I guess in her rant she unwittingly told us the real reason why she wears the hijab

To feel more holy and pious than non-hijabis.

I don’t know I’ve seen how Saudis dress and it doesn’t appear modest. I thought modesty meant dressing in a humble fashion, not wearing extravagant robes and make up. Maybe I’m wrong.

You cannot equate the Islamic male dress code with the women’s. You could step into almost any culture and fit in with their dress code however a Muslim woman outside of a Muslim country can’t.

blindly supporting the hijab bears no costs to you. I know hijabis who are depressed as a result of wearing it and also feel anxious in new spaces. They pay the real price hence why I find your thinking to be biased as you can’t possibly empathise.
Firstly this is a red herring,Saudis don't represent Muslims they represents Saudi aristocracy which is living the time of their life.Talk about death becomes nothing to focus on until later.

Actually often the male dress code for men is ignored, a lot of things make Muslims do are ignored in Islamic cultures as a whole, even though it is contradictory.

I am human and thus can emphasise with all people.I always support freedom of choice, being forced to wear a hijab is not something that is being discussed here rather we are discussing why people wear hijabs.

Finally it's obvious that you are talking about your personal life . if you have been forced to wear hijab to the extent you left Islam and then consequently got ostracised I offer my sincere apologies.That said you shouldn't project your destructive household onto Muslims as a whole.

Firstly this is a red herring,Saudis don't represent Muslims they represents Saudi aristocracy which is living the time of their life.Talk about death becomes nothing to focus on until later.

Actually often the male dress code for men is ignored, a lot of things make Muslims do are ignored in Islamic cultures as a whole, even though it is contradictory.

I am human and thus can emphasise with all people.I always support freedom of choice, being forced to wear a hijab is not something that is being discussed here rather we are discussing why people wear hijabs.

Finally it's obvious that you are talking about your personal life . if you have been forced to wear hijab to the extent you left Islam and then consequently got ostracised I offer my sincere apologies.That said you shouldn't project your destructive household onto Muslims as a whole.
Mr Cangeero Bear mashallah :ohhhdamn: illahi haa ku barakeeyo
There is a dress code for men
The men ‘awrah’ (parts that should be covered) is less that the women. But still men shouldn’t be wearing shorts that are above the ankle etc.. and there is a double standard because you see people don’t pay attention to that.

I’m honestly surprised she admitted she thinks she’s a better person than you for wearing a hijab. They usually keep that quiet.

I guess in her rant she unwittingly told us the real reason why she wears the hijab

To feel more holy and pious than non-hijabis.
:drakelaugh:She believes she's a better person because if she didn't wear a hijab, her parents would beat the shit out of her. Glad I live in a loving, caring, and safe household. :trumpsmirk:

Mr Cangeero Bear mashallah :ohhhdamn: illahi haa ku barakeeyo
There is a dress code for men
The men ‘awrah’ (parts that should be covered) is less that the women. But still men shouldn’t be wearing shorts that are above the ankle etc.. and there is a double standard because you see people don’t pay attention to that.
Call me boss naaaya
:damedamn:
It's Boss Cangeero Bear from now on
:denzelnigga:

Muji

VIP

Poor form. If I was being forced to wear a hijab I would be seeking help not on a forum lol. I have been advised and people have tried to coerce me into the hijab and I said no, so I can’t say I was forced. I was lucky I guess. But there are many Muslim women who are pushed into it, and you know it wasn’t their choice because they can’t give you a good reason why they wear it or what it actually means. Their response is always

HIjaB mAKes Me mORe MoDeST :ulyin:

Furthermore you’re right about the Saudis, but I don’t think Islamic dressing is modest. Muslims say Jesus owned one pair of slippers, this would be my interpretation of dressing modestly. Not hiding woman. By pretending Islamic dress code affects men as much as it does with women you are being extremeley dishonest.

:drakelaugh:She believes she's a better person because if she didn't wear a hijab, her parents would beat the shit out of her. Glad I live in a loving, caring, and safe household. :trumpsmirk:
Keep perpetuating the usual stereotypes. Sum Mo stated herself before ‘ that it is hard being the only religious person in your family’ I remember that post clearly. So my sister in Islam you are collecting sins by slandering her family this way. Two wrongs don’t make right. Although I HIGHLY doubt that Sum meant that she was higher in status than in onther hijabis. And by Allah’s name I’m sure Sum meant something else and you perfectly know what she meant.
And Allah is all knowing

Keep perpetuating the usual stereotypes. Sum Mo stated herself before ‘ that it is hard being the only religious person in your family’ I remember that post clearly. So my sister in Islam you are collecting sins by slandering her family this way. Two wrongs don’t make right. Although I HIGHLY doubt that Sum meant that she was higher in status than in onther hijabis. And by Allah’s name I’m sure Sum meant something else and you perfectly know what she meant.
And Allah is all knowing
I'm not slandering her family. :drakewtf: And she literally said hijabis are a step ahead of non-hijabis :umwhat:

Poor form. If I was being forced to wear a hijab I would be seeking help not on a forum lol. I have been advised and people have tried to coerce me into the hijab and I said no, so I can’t say I was forced. I was lucky I guess. But there are many Muslim women who are pushed into it, and you know it wasn’t their choice because they can’t give you a good reason why they wear it or what it actually means. Their response is always

HIjaB mAKes Me mORe MoDeST :ulyin:

Furthermore you’re right about the Saudis, but I don’t think Islamic dressing is modest. Muslims say Jesus owned one pair of slippers, this would be my interpretation of dressing modestly. Not hiding woman. By pretending Islamic dress code affects men as much as it does with women you are being extremeley dishonest.
:drakelaugh:
i WeAr HiJAb BEcaUZ i'M bEtTEr MuSLim ThAN yUO
Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

i WeAr

I'm not slandering her family. :drakewtf: And she literally said hijabis are a step ahead of non-hijabis :umwhat:
Just like Boss Cangeero Bear said you are subliminally implying things. It is extremely obvious. You’re emphasis that you weren’t forced and that you have a caring family is an example to that. Otherwise I’m just imagining things.

It clearly states in the quran that women should cover their hair and neck, and the women who do that are following Allahs(swt) commandment.

SumMo

I don’t care how a woman dresses but what caught my eye was your quote above which i found to be misleading. There is no command in the Koran to cover the hair and the neck of a female body. It’s found in Hadiths. The only place specifically mentiontioned in the Koran is to cover the bossom of females. The reason for that was the majority of the people in Mecca were pagans and females of the lower class were not required to cover their chest-bossom and walked bare chested/naked even while they were in the Ka’ba where they worshipped their polytheistic gods. That was the context in which the surah was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.