Why do some Somalis claim to not be Arabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis shouldn't be ashamed of their Arab heritage.

Sultan_Mohamoud_Ali_Shire_2.jpg
native-chief-hargeisha-of-somaliland-with-his-horse-circa-1935-animals-b4r87e.jpg
82e5080be58f42f3492291b75a2c5a3f.jpg
220px-Ughaz_Dodi.jpg
Sultan_Abdillahi_Sultan_Deria.jpg

TooMacaan

VIP
A lot of Somalis make the mistake of claiming so called 'black', either for oppression points...or because the albino apes have had us brainwashed FOR SO LONG to believe that we should define our identity, basically our whole existence, by a color alone. Arab is definitely the most accurate description for us, both in terms of culture and race. Sadly though, many Somalis are ignorant of this fact. Shout out to my fellow Arabs here!! Whether you're Banu Hashim or Jeberti, it's all love fam<333

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We're on on average 40% eurasian(via Neolithic farmers). We were originally north africans who migrated to the horn and mixed with black africans along the way.
I would think its the other way around... Are we not Africans who mixed with eurasians eons ago?

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Talk about beating a dead horse. We have historic trade and culturall links with the middle east and north africa" We are similar in culture. Arab is not an ethnicity, most of NA is Berber. Arab is a culture and if you want to identify with it that is fine

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
A lot of Somalis make the mistake of claiming so called 'black', either for oppression points...or because the albino apes have had us brainwashed FOR SO LONG to believe that we should define our identity, basically our whole existence, by a color alone. Arab is definitely the most accurate description for us, both in terms of culture and race. Sadly though, many Somalis are ignorant of this fact. Shout out to my fellow Arabs here!! Whether you're Banu Hashim or Jeberti, it's all love fam<333

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you know arabs don't like Christians. Especially habesha christians:sass2:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Our names are all Arabic, we are in the Arab league. Ofcourse we are Arab.

Darood and Isaaq were Arab brothers.

Darood married a dir woman while Isaaq married Oromo and he cheated on her with British soldiers but that didn't stop him from procreating with her,
Anta ya carabi ya habibi, ya xalwa.

TooMacaan

VIP
you know arabs don't like Christians. Especially habesha christians:sass2:
Being Christian doesn't make one any less Arab, you do know that right?? In fact, the term "Arab" was loosely used in the beginning to unite the peoples of the Levant (which contain MANY Christians), the Gulf, and North Africa. #ArabChristiansExist #StopTheErasureofAC

ExcessFame

True Villain
it always confused me when Somalis claim to not be Arab. A lot of us speak Arabic, We're even part of the Arab league and we are clearly mixed with Arabs (which explains are Caucasian features). Heck our language has a lot of Arabic words. The only question is why do Somalis not want to be Arabs? Is it self hatred?
Wallahi I'm proud of you. Great stuff. :drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah:

Inshallah more plat threads will come from you

it always confused me when Somalis claim to not be Arab. A lot of us speak Arabic, We're even part of the Arab league and we are clearly mixed with Arabs (which explains are Caucasian features). Heck our language has a lot of Arabic words. The only question is why do Somalis not want to be Arabs? Is it self hatred?
Wa walatey fam.

Merca

Inactive.
All these identities... so hard to choose... :faysalwtf:

I have decided to see myself as a reptile in humanform. I'm too intelligent to be a part of this destructive race called humans.

We reptiles shall soon rise and conquer this earth you savages. Mark my words! :fittytousand:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending