Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Thank you both for taking the test.

I got rebel. I asked my brother to take the test and he got rebel, too. I would have guessed him to be an obliger. While he thought I was an upholder with a slight rebel streak.:faysalwtf:Funny how the way family members perceive us is different from the way we perceive ourselves.
You don’t strike me as a rebel.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Screenshot_20181107-062034.jpg

Suprised tbh

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
I think your buying a little too much into this quiz. People can easily get any result they want just by choosing the appropriate answers to get the desired tendency which are easy to identify. I answered mine as honestly as I could choosing the answers I could mostly relate to but who’s to say everyone did the same?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think your buying a little too much into this quiz. People can easily get any result they want just by choosing the appropriate answers to get the desired tendency which are easy to identify. I answered mine as honestly as I could choosing the answers I could mostly relate to but who’s to say everyone did the same?

Honesty is the name of the game. :trumpsmirk: Otherwise, you're cheating yourself.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
It certainly does.

What makes you think that?

I was a little surprised too, Kim. I thought you were an upholder. :damedamn: I'll post a bit more about Rebels, soon. I want to dispel any confusion people may have about them or any misunderstandings that arise from the label. Stay tuned.
Maybe I misunderstood what rebel means in this case

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Maybe I misunderstood what rebel means in this case

Let's start off with what a tendency is?

How you act according to your own expectations and those of others.

Rebels prefer the freedom of choice and self-expression. This can take many forms. In fact, some rebels are drawn to structured and regulated work environments - think corporate, military, law enforcement and working within religious organizations. It depends on how they identify.

A rebel with a more religious orientation might see freedom as totally surrendering to God's will and/or escaping from a staunched sense of pride. A health-conscious rebel might feel their routine allows them the opportunity to have more energy and the freedom to give more in the form of output at work and in their relationships. It really comes down to self-interpretation.

Some rebels aren't fond of structured forms of work and would prefer working from home or are self-employed.

I think what we need to understand is that there is a lot of variability among the rebel tendency and some overlap with other types. People that are rebels overlap with Questioners and Obligers.
FourTendenciesColorOvleraps.png.jpg

The Rebel/Questioner - "I do what I choose." These types aren't really focused on defying others. They are more concerned about meeting their own internal expectations and fulfilling their own desires. For instance, going to the gym because no one cares that they go. Or working for themselves when they struggle to work for others.

The Rebel/Obliger - "I refuse to do what anyone else tells me to." They push back and try to evade control. They are more likely to insist that you can't make them do something. They will only acquiesce if it's on their terms and if they genuinely want to.

Rebels are an interesting type. Just like any of the other tendencies they can be considerate, ambitious, extroverted, thrill-seeking, intellectual etc. Some rebels are more quiet and nonconfrontational in their approach, while others may be more disagreeable. It depends.

The beauty of rebels is that they can be game changers, revolutionaries and out of the box problem solvers. On the flipside, some of them may be uncooperative, restless and have a dislike for planning.

When dealing with Rebels:

As children, adults, co-workers, friends or companions. They respond best when they are:

(1) Given enough information to make an informed decision
(2) Made aware of the consequences of acceptance/refusal of a certain action
(They are highly motivated if the consequences are negative enough.)
(3) And are allowed to choose to do things their way
(Having a leap of faith works best with this type)

Things to avoid with rebels - micromanaging, lecturing or rescuing them.

Rebels will certainly choose to do things out of love, not due to compulsion or coaxing. And sometimes praise/encouragement backfires. However, if you tell them they can't do something they will want to prove you wrong to later rub it in your face. This will certainly ignite their spirit of opposition as long as they don't see it as a ploy for you to manipulate them.

@Steamdevolopment @Ferrari @Emily @HIGH PRIESTESS @Shuusa @Life
@Cam @Hatredfree @abdiwarrior @Pureblood @Shoto Todoroki

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Let's start off with what a tendency is?

How you act according to your own expectations and those of others.

Rebels prefer the freedom of choice and self-expression. This can take many forms. In fact, some rebels are drawn to structured and regulated work environments - think corporate, military, law enforcement and working within religious organizations. It depends on how they identify.

A rebel with a more religious orientation might see freedom as totally surrendering to God's will and/or escaping from a staunched sense of pride. A health-conscious rebel might feel their routine allows them the opportunity to have more energy and the freedom to give more in the form of output at work and in their relationships. It really comes down to self-interpretation.

Some rebels aren't fond of structured forms of work and would prefer working from home or are self-employed.

I think what we need to understand is that there is a lot of variability among the rebel tendency and some overlap with other types. People that are rebels overlap with Questioners and Obligers.
FourTendenciesColorOvleraps.png.jpg

The Rebel/Questioner - "I do what I choose." These types aren't really focused on defying others. They are more concerned about meeting their own internal expectations and fulfilling their own desires. For instance, going to the gym because no one cares that they go. Or working for themselves when they struggle to work for others.

The Rebel/Obliger - "I refuse to do what anyone else tells me to." They push back and try to evade control. They are more likely to insist that you can't make them do something. They will only acquiesce if it's on their terms and if they genuinely want to.

Rebels are an interesting type. Just like any of the other tendencies they can be considerate, ambitious, extroverted, thrill-seeking, intellectual etc. Some rebels are more quiet and nonconfrontational in their approach, while others may be more disagreeable. It depends.

The beauty of rebels is that they can be game changers, revolutionaries and out of the box problem solvers. On the flipside, some of them may be uncooperative, restless and have a dislike for planning.

When dealing with Rebels:

As children, adults, co-workers, friends or companions. They respond best when they are:

(1) Given enough information to make an informed decision
(2) Made aware of the consequences of acceptance/refusal of a certain action
(They are highly motivated if the consequences are negative enough.)
(3) And are allowed to choose to do things their way
(Having a leap of faith works best with this type)

Things to avoid with rebels - micromanaging, lecturing or rescuing them.

Rebels will certainly choose to do things out of love, not due to compulsion or coaxing. And sometimes praise/encouragement backfires. However, if you tell them they can't do something they will want to prove you wrong to later rub it in your face. This will certainly ignite their spirit of opposition as long as they don't see it as a ploy for you to manipulate them.

@Steamdevolopment @Ferrari @Emily @HIGH PRIESTESS @Shuusa @Life
@Cam @Hatredfree @abdiwarrior @Pureblood @Shoto Todoroki

Sister I ain't no rebel. How you gonna label me based on some pseudo online quiz. :camby:

Thanks for taking the quiz, Ubax. What's so bad about Obligers, though?:farmajoyaab:

Lack of internal accountabilty + burnout

The part about external accountability being to your future self was interesting though I don't know if it would work practically.

+ this part below as well

Behavior that Obligers sometimes attribute to self-sacrifice or lack of self-esteem—“Why do I always make time for other people’s priorities at the expense of my own?”—is often better explained as need for accountabilit

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Lack of internal accountabilty + burnout

The part about external accountability being to your future self was interesting though I don't know if it would work practically.

+ this part below as well

The majority of test takers are obligers this means they are the largest group. They are reliable and they show up. They meet their deadlines and fulfill responsibilities. The fact that they feel obligated to others makes them great leaders, team members, and friends. Obligers also get along with all the other tendencies.

Obligers actually overlap with the Upholder and the Rebel tendencies.

Obliger/Upholder - Have a clearer sense of their own capabilities and a greater ability to say no.

Obliger/Rebel - They meet expectations and feel the need to comply but are seething with resentment internally (this can contribute to burnout).

I don't think it's all that bad, provided you have clear boundaries and can somehow trick yourself into being accountable to others while meeting your internal expectations. Having an accountability system works for obligers i.e., late fees, supervision, deadlines, monitoring and consequences enforced from the outside to keep promises to themselves.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I had to dust off this old thread.
anigif_sub-buzz-30538-1504708163-4.gif

And I ask that you complete the (8 question quiz). I have a theory I'm trying to prove about which one of these tendencies Somalis lean more towards and would appreciate your participation. Please post our results.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.