YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
:samwelcome: Nothing wrong with being a questioner. And as a rebel, you can still be a good citizen with akhlaq. You might just pick your battles wisely. Sometimes rebelling is about rebelling against the expectations some people set for you (which might not be very productive, maybe even destructive).
I'm proud to question. Too many people don't think for my taste.

Yeah; they are a gang. Generally, you'll see a lot of within-group diversity in personality, temperament, and in terms of tendencies, so expect anything.

You are the only upholder, so far. Lol. The random thing is there are supposed to be slightly more of you than the rebels. For whatever reason, the rebels are over-represented among forumers, so far.

@Steamdevolopment @Ferrari @Emily @HIGH PRIESTESS @Shuusa @Life and myself.

While @Jerome in the house, @Abkaal, @government, and @Gooney112 are obligers.

@YourBroMoe, @VixR, and @EDsomali are questioners.
Why do you think somalia is a mess...too many rebels aka chefs

:samwelcome: Nothing wrong with being a questioner. And as a rebel, you can still be a good citizen with akhlaq. You might just pick your battles wisely. Sometimes rebelling is about rebelling against the expectations some people set for you (which might not be very productive, maybe even destructive).

Okay, as long as people are rebelling with just cause and only in a halal manner (refusing to follow haraam- no violent uprising). Otherwise, it may be that the ruler is free to say "off with their head".

I hate to rebel. I think at times I have been forced into a corner where I had to rebel. However, I want society to be peaceful and orderly. Hopefully things are made easy so people don't become tempted to rebel.

However, when I was a kid I remember learning about famous revolutionary stuff. However, I learned at a khutbah that armed revolution is never justified.

Question what, though? Question society? Question what we see around us?

I think we should question those things. I think we must not question God.

And thinking? I am for thinking.

I think submission to Allah is essential for thinking. A person who follows desires I think is unable to think properly.

A person who does, for example, a sport- they train and follow proper technique. This is good for their ability.

One reason I am horrified of sin is that I am worried it might make me lose my ability to think. A person who has control over their desires and is pure in their heart- they can think better than for example a person who follows their desires.

There is a book called Degenerate Moderns where for example the author talks about Martin Luther and says (with much evidence) that Martin Luther basically constructed his whole theology to allow him to marry a nun and violate his vows of celibacy. The book also discusses Freud and some other influential people and the whole book is basically saying certain modern i intellectuals shape their thinking around their desires rather than shape their desires in accordance with truth. If I follow my desires, I think I'll twist my thinking to suit my desires and be able to rationalize anything.

I think therefore thinking is best served by complete submission to Allah. The lines on the road are the friend of good driving and not its enemy.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Okay, as long as people are rebelling with just cause and only in a halal manner (refusing to follow haraam- no violent uprising). Otherwise, it may be that the ruler is free to say "off with their head".

I hate to rebel. I think at times I have been forced into a corner where I had to rebel. However, I want society to be peaceful and orderly. Hopefully things are made easy so people don't become tempted to rebel.

However, when I was a kid I remember learning about famous revolutionary stuff. However, I learned at a khutbah that armed revolution is never justified.

Question what, though? Question society? Question what we see around us?

I think we should question those things. I think we must not question God.

And thinking? I am for thinking.

I think submission to Allah is essential for thinking. A person who follows desires I think is unable to think properly.

A person who does, for example, a sport- they train and follow proper technique. This is good for their ability.

One reason I am horrified of sin is that I am worried it might make me lose my ability to think. A person who has control over their desires and is pure in their heart- they can think better than for example a person who follows their desires.

There is a book called Degenerate Moderns where for example the author talks about Martin Luther and says (with much evidence) that Martin Luther basically constructed his whole theology to allow him to marry a nun and violate his vows of celibacy. The book also discusses Freud and some other influential people and the whole book is basically saying certain modern i intellectuals shape their thinking around their desires rather than shape their desires in accordance with truth. If I follow my desires, I think I'll twist my thinking to suit my desires and be able to rationalize anything.

I think therefore thinking is best served by complete submission to Allah. The lines on the road are the friend of good driving and not its enemy.
Interesting perspective friend.

However, mine differs entirely.

Desires are a part of human nature. To believe you can control it entirely is a farce. Expressions of repression always exist through other mediums. Some through rage to quell sexual frustrations as an example.

The best way to think is to reach a state of neutrality. When tipped off balance due to a desire that needs to be met, it's in your best interest to quell that desire, to reach the neutrality needed to maintain your head.

The men you've posted are famous for their sexual repression. It wasn't a lack of control that made them mad, but their repression that motivated them to producing the works they did, in the fashion to which they did.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Tell your girl @sigmund to stop being love shy, take my quiz and post her results!:mahubowtf: That's an order!

Everyone thinks. :geek: But not all agree on the missing link. And in a blink, into the ground, their bodies sink. True though sardonic. If you disagree with others it's demonic. Tis' easier to bet on the hereafter than hellfire. Many would rather not wait until they expire. :gaasdrink: How were my rhyming couplets? @Omar del Sur what do you think, sxb?

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Tell your girl @sigmund to stop being love shy, take my quiz and post her results!:mahubowtf: That's an order!

Everyone thinks. :geek: But not all agree on the missing link. And in a blink, into the ground, their bodies sink. True though sardonic. If you disagree with others it's demonic. Tis' easier to bet on the hereafter than hellfire. Many would rather not wait until they expire. :gaasdrink: How were my rhyming couplets? @Omar del Sur what do you think, sxb?
Your not the boss of me :farole:.

If queeen @sigmund doesnt want to do it than respect her decision.

Interesting perspective friend.

However, mine differs entirely.

Desires are a part of human nature. To believe you can control it entirely is a farce. Expressions of repression always exist through other mediums. Some through rage to quell sexual frustrations as an example.

The best way to think is to reach a state of neutrality. When tipped off balance due to a desire that needs to be met, it's in your best interest to quell that desire, to reach the neutrality needed to maintain your head.

The men you've posted are famous for their sexual repression. It wasn't a lack of control that made them mad, but their repression that motivated them to producing the works they did, in the fashion to which they did.

Interesting perspective- though I must respectfully disagree.

I think this is a dangerous line of thought.

I am for a middle path- and subhanAllah, Islam is the perfect religion and so Islam accounts for how humans are (I was raised Christian so I seriously appreciate how Islam handles things).

I mean for example.... vows of celibacy are too extreme. However, "sexual liberation" is another extreme.

It is best to go the middle path.

Freud claimed that "repression" was bad and Wilhelm Reich who promoted "free love" really pushed that idea- this Freudian concept that "repression" leads to neurosis.

And Freudianism is perverse btw.

I view the family as the basic unit of society. You look at "free love" and "sexual liberation"... it's a disaster. It's managed to do a whole lot to destroy the family structure and created huge problems for the sake of momentary hedonistic pleasure.

Islam has it exactly right when it comes to things. Of course a person cannot completely get rid of their desires- but they must wage jihad against their desires and overcome their desires.

The logical outcome of "sexual liberation" is a break-down in monogamy and family. This causes a lot of harm for children. It's basically selling the well-being of the next generation- and for little.

"Sexual liberation" is a tool of social control. It is a lot easier to control psychologically-damaged, atomized people who come from broken families- than it is to control strong, healthy families. This is why it was described in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. We're basically living in Brave New World.

Breaking down the family for social control is an ancient idea which is described at least as far back as in Plato's Republic. Plato's Republic required a massive re-engineering of humans and this involved removing children away from family in order to re-engineer humans for Plato's nightmare "utopia".

(Libido Dominandi: Sexual Liberation and Political control is an excellent book on the subject of the title....

also I think Freud was a pervert. His whole intellectual artifice was centered around incest. His whole thing was centered around the "Oedipus Complex". I don't think he was a neutral, dispassionate "scientist" at all... I think he was a low-key pervert and his theories were formulated to justify his behavior... I don't think he was "repressed" at all.... his respectable "scientist" image is a facade.... I think he was a wolf in sheep's clothes.... Degenerate Moderns goes into detail on the subject)

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Your not the boss of me :farole:.

If queeen @sigmund doesnt want to do it than respect her decision.

I asked you in the least militant and most courteous manner. :mugshotman:Normally, I would have you thrown you both into a dungeon (separately to maintain modesty, I don't want jail babies filling your cell). I only have enough food for two. Then you would be flogged by @Basra for insubordination.

(following up on my last post)

I forgot to mention this book and people might dislike it but I really recommend the ISIS Papers....

I think some of its stuff is nonsense but I think its analysis of the psychological impact of the break-down of the family structure on African-Americans is extremely interesting and informative on how such break-down impacts communities and psychology...

Islam knew what it was doing when it laid down laws to protect families.... those rules have very good reasons for existing.... which go deeper I think than we even understand

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

I hate to rebel. I think at times I have been forced into a corner where I had to rebel. However, I want society to be peaceful and orderly. Hopefully, things are made easy so people don't become tempted to rebel.

Rebelling is often perceived in a negative light. For whatever reason, a series of pejoratives come to mind. If it means fighting for the voiceless and disenfranchised, while others turn a blind eye - then that is a form of rebellion.

Other constructive forms of rebellion include:

Forgiveness, doing your life's work, creative forms of self-expression, speaking up on behalf of yourself and outlining your boundaries. It's not all bad.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Hell yeah...back in somalia being nice and considerate is frowned upon. You will be called nacas iyo doqon. Now if you are rebel, talk too much and is nuisance you will be called fariid

Sxb, rebels aren't rude and belligerent. They are so different from each other and have a variety of different personalities. I'm normally, very polite and to a certain degree compassionate to a fault. Still got rebel, though.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

@Hatredfree
Why are you disappointed?:siilaanyolaugh: Why the hell are there so many rebels? They are statistically the smallest group. Maybe I need a larger sample. :wow1:

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
@Hatredfree
Why are you disappointed?:siilaanyolaugh: Why the hell are there so many rebels? They are statistically the smallest group. Maybe I need a larger sample. :wow1:

Because in my mind the word rebel in this context is associated with little teenage girls.

As a dude that's red flag, other cayayans rebel from the brutality of the strongman:rejoice:

Rebelling is often perceived in a negative light. For whatever reason, a series of pejoratives come to mind when we have it in mind. If it means fighting for the voiceless and disenfranchised, while others turn a blind eye - then that is a form of rebellion.

Other constructive forms of rebellion include:

Forgiveness, doing your life's work, creative forms of self-expression, speaking up on behalf of yourself and outlining your boundaries. It's not all bad.

That's not the sort of rebellion I'm against.

If we are talking about a peaceful, just, spiritual rebellion for the sake of Allah- I am for it. I think Moses (PBUH) stood up to Pharoah and I am for Moses (PBUH).

In a society where it is discouraged to believe in God, I think it can be seen as a sort of rebellion to believe in God.

Whatever fight we wage, I believe it must always be for Islam and always following the Quran and the Sunnah.

The sort of rebellion I'm against, for example, is like that of Che Guevara. I think Che was very brave and I respect certain qualities of his- however.... how did he ultimately impact Cuba? He went to Africa- did Africans want to fight alongside him? I think he very badly in Africa and I think it was because Africans rightly perceived he was not their interests.

And then what did his friend Fidel do? What role did Fidel play in the Ogaden War?

I think any sort of rebel necessarily has some of sort of ideological underpinning. Simon Bolívar, Ricardo Flores Magón, Che, etc.

All those above three I am sort of disappointed by because none of them were fighting for God...

thus, if we are to fight I think we should fight for God but always following the laws of shariah and not engaging in armed revolution against the ruler as for example in Libya, Syria and Yemen......

Because in my mind the word rebel in this context is associated with little teenage girls.

To me, I associate it with either people dying their hair green or with armed revolutionaries who fought for secular ideologies.......

I think I'm wary of the term because I think society is always telling us to rebel. I think the only way to rebel is not to rebel.

I think society is constantly telling us- rebel against tradition, rebel against religion, rebel against norms, rebel even against one's own gender, rebel against everything....

I think this is why I perceive the word badly. I want to rebel against rebelling.

Last edited: