VixR

Veritas
I think these kinds of test are arbitrary and falsifiable.

There might be a dominant tendency towards one or the other in certain situations or even I. certain periods of their life, but ultimately I would think most folks have a mix of all these characteristics.

That being said
5A1DA328-2FE3-4859-87E7-A6185D71A71E.jpeg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Please take it again.:fittytousand:

:samwelcome: Ladies welcome to the club. For whatever reason, there are a lot more rebels than I expected.

I think it does.

I get what you are saying tho.

People who don't question authority and obey tend to do better, as a collective bunch(as in there is more of them who've achieved success than rebels), but at the expense of something else. choice? happiness a lot of times. and many more things.

rebels rebel against themselves at times. that sucks lol.

:siilaanyosmile: There are Asian rebels too. Think of the Yakuza. Tattoed from head-to-toe. I kid. But to be honest, just because your society is more conformist doesn't mean that you don't have your own inclinations. It might just mean you are suppressing who you are for the sake of the group because doing so would mean harsh punishments.

I find that East Asians who are off the beaten path can be exceedingly successful. They might have a conventional middle-class job or career path but decide to do what they want on their own terms at some point. In fact, being a bit more of a Rebel in their societies might mean making a unique and intriguing contribution. Any tendency can do extraordinary things, though.

Please take it again.:fittytousand:

:samwelcome: Ladies welcome to the club. For whatever reason, there are a lot more rebels than I expected.

:siilaanyosmile: There are Asian rebels too. Think of the Yakuza. Tattoed from head-to-toe. I kid. But to be honest, just because your society is more conformist doesn't mean that you don't have your own inclinations. It might just mean you are suppressing who you are for the sake of the group because doing so would mean harsh punishments.

I find that East Asians who are off the beaten path can be exceedingly successful. They might have a conventional middle-class job or career path but decide to do what they want on their own terms at some point. In fact, being a bit more of a Rebel in their societies might mean making a unique and intriguing contribution. Any tendency can do extraordinary things, though.
The japz are different breed. The yakuzza are japanese gang right?

anyways you may be right. cadaans have achieved more, and have had more influence in shaping the world and these fuckers are rebel. They are brought up to question everything.

asians sacrifice personal things like being happy, making their own choice etc..., to appease their parents when it comes to pursuing career goals. so yea, they aren't happy to do it, however, their culture promotes unconditional obedience.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

There might be a dominant tendency towards one or the other in certain situations or even I. certain periods of their life, but ultimately I would think most folks have a mix of all these characteristics.

That being said
View attachment 58602
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

CEC366A3-1C1D-4F5E-8590-CF470AA793F7.jpeg

Not surprised really. I hate obligations and prefer to go with the flow or act on personal whims. And when I do want to do something, it borders on obsession.

I got questioner but I dislike that- I think I only question people, I don't question Allah. For example, if something bad happens, I think one shouldn't question Allah.

Imo there are two types of rebels.

I think one type rebels at a time when they are forced to and it is just. For example, if Pharoah or a tyrant tells you to worship them or someone tries to pressure you to do something haraam.

I think another type rebels for the sake of rebelling. I dislike this. Iblees rebelled without reason.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Im an obliger
Interesting.

That being said
View attachment 58602

Spoken like a questioner, lol. People can be any of the tendencies at different times. However, what are they like in when meeting expectations in most situations are what the test is trying to gage. I'm sure there is also an overlap between more than one tendency. For instance, Upholder/Questioner, Rebel/Obliger and so on. Questioners are more likely to question the test and see it as arbitrary. I think the primary purpose of this construct is to get a general idea of where people are coming from. It could help regarding relating to others. Especially, in the case of group work/collaborating. Certain folks might need to be persuaded in different ways. So, what works for an Obliger (most people) or Upholder might not work for a Questioner or Rebel. Gretchen Rubin devised the test and wrote the accompanying book. The impetus behind the creation of the book was that the author wanted to know why what worked to motivate her did not work for others. She's an upholder.

The test has nothing to do with personality. And within these tendencies, there is considerable room for variability. It's just a matter of how one responds to expectations and to the questions that were presented.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The japz are different breed. The yakuzza are japanese gang right?

anyways you may be right. cadaans have achieved more, and have had more influence in shaping the world and these fuckers are rebel. They are brought up to question everything.

asians sacrifice personal things like being happy, making their own choice etc..., to appease their parents when it comes to pursuing career goals. so yea, they aren't happy to do it, however, their culture promotes unconditional obedience.

Yeah; they are a gang. Generally, you'll see a lot of within-group diversity in personality, temperament, and in terms of tendencies, so expect anything.

Upholder.

You are the only upholder, so far. Lol. The random thing is there are supposed to be slightly more of you than the rebels. For whatever reason, the rebels are over-represented among forumers, so far.

@Steamdevolopment @Ferrari @Emily @HIGH PRIESTESS @Shuusa @Life and myself.

While @Jerome in the house, @Abkaal, @government, and @Gooney112 are obligers.

@YourBroMoe, @VixR, and @EDsomali are questioners.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Mademoiselle, when did you start observing Eastern Cushitic traditions?:yacadiim:

Jerome, did I tell you I like Obligers. :gaasdrink:

Sxb, your tendency has no bearing over your social location, occupation or where you end up in life. There are many mavericks from our kind.:samwelcome: Rebels are driven by their own passions. When they have a cause or mission they believe in they are an unstoppable force. And they do things because they can. Lmao, I read this quote by a rebel. His friends told him he couldn't stop smoking and he did, just to prove them wrong. He hasn't smoked in 10 years. In my case, when I hear a no. It encourages me to prove the naysayers otherwise.

Generally, most people are Obligers. I'm sure there would be cross-cultural differences but this is more about inclinations and meeting expectations than actually meeting requirements. Even a rebel follows the rules to an extent.
:idontlike:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I got questioner but I dislike that- I think I only question people, I don't question Allah. For example, if something bad happens, I think one shouldn't question Allah.

Imo there are two types of rebels.

I think one type rebels at a time when they are forced to and it is just. For example, if Pharoah or a tyrant tells you to worship them or someone tries to pressure you to do something haraam.

I think another type rebels for the sake of rebelling. I dislike this. Iblees rebelled without reason.

:samwelcome: Nothing wrong with being a questioner. And as a rebel, you can still be a good citizen with akhlaq. You might just pick your battles wisely. Sometimes rebelling is about rebelling against the expectations some people set for you (which might not be very productive, maybe even destructive).