What kind of business would you open in S/SL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Israeli probably found a solution to that.

Without desalination; SL would have to always rely on imported food.
Anything is possible if the government becomes rich through oil or gas exports, they could create desalination plants and sewage systems as well as more dams to help with the water shortage. However I don't believe the Somali government is that competent yet.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Anything is possible if the government becomes rich through oil or gas exports, they could create desalination plants and sewage systems as well as more dams to help with the water shortage. However I don't believe the Somali government is that competent yet.

Don't put your hopes on oil and gas to save us.

If an oil deposit is found tomorrow then it'll take a decade from today before we can make use of the refined petroleum and gas.

We can mine for Molybdenum and Iron today and build all the wind turbines we need.

Just a single medium sized wind turbine could desalinate enough water for 100 hectares.

They might seem out of our reach today but they're actually dead simple.

We just need to learn how to make efficient generators and pick the right blade designs for our windy coasts.

africa-wind-energy.jpg

You don't really buy that bull crap that oil will be worthless within the next 25 yrs.Firstly even if the rich countries move away from using oil for petrol and move on to using electricity or hydrogen power, that doesn't mean that the poor or developing countries will be able to emulate them. Plus many petrolheads who like diesel and despise electric cars are already preparing to protest new laws banning petrol in future and will not accept such new radical changes over night. It will take the next century before oil become worthless worldwide and until we find an alternative for gas then i don't see why we can't utilise the resource. I do understand your point however, we have maximum 60 yrs to use our resources while they are still relevant and we should not rely only then solely like saudi Arabia only to regret it later. I am a big fan of the Chinese policy of planning 100 years into the future.

:ulyin:

Going to the homeland and opening a business is every somalis dream.:salute:

I would open a cinema/arcade in Borama, it wouldn't be that difficult to set up, only play PG 12 and bollywood movies so the sheikh in the town don't shut me down. Also, it would be good for broadcasting football matches, in 2014 I watched the world cup in borama on a 26" tv screen with a 100 people in someones garden :mjlol:

OR

a restaurant (an American diner or something) with really burgers and pizzas , there is a burger place in borama right now :drakekidding:and it was basically just mayo and cabbage.

If I had the money now or an investor I would go back this year and do it. :banderas:

What business would you open and where?
:cosbyhmm:

I can be your financier and many other things too.

Odey Ali is back on the market.

Just promise me your people's won't shoot a for putting one of their cuties of the market.

Fitness centre with a state of the art swimming pool. Skinny Farax need to become hench like me I've been pumping since the age of 13 thanks to my Abe forcing me so that I didn't turn out to be an feminine twig like some reer UK getting bullied by Jamaicans. I want to disprove the bad gene theory, of course malnutrition is up to the government to solve.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...AhUhBsAKHWRkDe8Q_AUIEigC#imgrc=GNKQLll-X8qPSM:
:pachah1::manny::salute:
Get a new idea someone already beat you to it:birdman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending