Splitting dinner bill with your husband

He isn’t obliged to join such a relationship in the first place though, so he can seek out those that want to split or provide and be islamically A ok, so this isn’t a religious matter your coming at it from the wrong angle

It is a religious matter, considering that the Quraan makes it clear that the husband is the protector and maintainer in Islam. This isn't something that is up for debate as that is literally the biggest right your wife has over you according to islam.

Tukraq

VIP
It is a religious matter, considering that the Quraan makes it clear that the husband is the protector and maintainer in Islam. This isn't something that is up for debate as that is literally the biggest right your wife has over you according to islam.
Protector is physical this doesn’t mean provider, remember in Islam our biggest role model is the prophet, Khadijah was the bread Winner by the blessing of allah who sent him her when he wasn’t we’ll off financially, nothing wrong with this islamically just as there’s nothing wrong with the vice versa, but like I said since it isn’t a religious angle, the two options are the ones I stated above, either she’s contributing or a stay at home

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Working hours are usually 9-5

If you're a married woman with kids, you don't have the luxury of having set working hrs as your family at times need you around the clock. It is literally a form of xasidnimo if you think you shouldn't help your wife whatsoever just because you 'provide'.

Also, certain madhabs especially the Shafi madhab are of the opinion that women do not have to cook ect and this is before the advent of feminism.
You don't even make sense. I can smell your hypocrisy, you filthy feminist.

Do you know what's xasiid? Expecting a traditional husband but not fulfilling your traditional duties as a wife. Chores will not be shared if you will not contribute to the rent or bills, period.

No, in Islam the husband is in charge so the wife must always obey and it can be anything. I don't care about some Sheikh opinions. The fact the matter is the husband is in charge so if he expects her to cook then she must comply and cook. It is haram for the wife to disobey her husband. This isn't something to debate about since it's the husband biggest right over you.

I don't know why you bring up men and their wallet sizes. I said this before broke men can seek modern relationships. That's not my problem. I'm talking about an average man who is financially stable.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
There will be very few people in Jannah. Splitting the bill kkkkkkk what next? Splitting babysitting time? Will they even have babies when the lady gets married at 35?

Protector is physical this doesn’t mean provider, remember in Islam our biggest role model is the prophet, Khadijah was the bread Winner by the blessing of allah who sent him her when he wasn’t we’ll off financially, nothing wrong with this islamically just as there’s nothing wrong with the vice versa, but like I said since it isn’t a religious angle, the two options are the ones I stated above, either she’s contributing or a stay at home

Mate, i get my religion from Quraan and Sunnah and read the fatwas of trusted Islamic scholars.

I assure you, every fatwa you read online, any scholar you speak to in person will tell you that as a man you have to provide, UNLESS the woman in question gives up her rights.

Islam has given us women rights khlaas.

Tukraq

VIP
Mate, i get my religion from Quraan and Sunnah and read the fatwas of trusted Islamic scholars.

I assure you, every fatwa you read online, any scholar you speak to in person will tell you that as a man you have to provide, UNLESS the woman in question gives up her rights.

Islam has given us women rights khlaas.
Reread the Quran/tafseer it says the prophet is our example of mankind, and also he was blessed with a rich wife, this is totally permissible

Do you know what's xasiid? Expecting a traditional husband but not fulfilling your traditional duties as a wife. Chores will not be shared if you will not contribute to the rent or bills, period.

No, in Islam the husband is in charge so the wife must always obey and it can be anything. I don't care about some Sheikh opinions. The fact the matter is the husband is in charge so if he expects her to cook then she must comply and cook. It is haram for the wife to disobey her husband. This isn't something to debate about since it's the husband biggest right over you.

I don't know why you bring up men and their wallet sizes. I said this before broke men can seek modern relationships. That's not my problem. I'm talking about an average man who is financially stable.
yup she’s trying to play it from the religion but her game falls flat on its face, women contributing is halal, men don’t have to be the provider at all let alone sole provider, like I said two options play the traditional house wife role or get prepared to split the bill

So basically, women are expected to work without help from their husbands around the clock whilst you just work 9-5?

Warya, don't you ever insult me in that way you filthy little kid. The fact that I have bought up something that is part of the Shafii madhab really rattles you right? The reasons why some madhabs have this position is that the husband does not abuse his position and expect his wife to do everything as she is not a slave.

Instead of accusing me of hypocrisy, why don't you do a bit of research?

How old are you anyway? I can tell you're just a dumb emotional child.

Reread the Quran/tafseer it says the prophet is our example of mankind, and also he was blessed with a rich wife, this is totally permissible

yup she’s trying to play it from the religion but her game falls flat on its face, women contributing is halal, men don’t have to be the provider at all let alone sole provider, like I said two options play the traditional house wife role or get prepared to split the bill

Mate, you're not a scholar or anyone with Islamic knowledge. The funny thing is I can provide 101 proofs, yet not one person of religious knowledge will agree with your stance that a man does not have to provide.

Tukraq

VIP
Mate, you're not a scholar or anyone with Islamic knowledge. The funny thing is I can provide 101 proofs, yet not one person of religious knowledge will agree with your stance that a man does not have to provide.
You must have low Islamic knowledge, I’m talking elementary level, read your Quran allah sent the prophet Khadijah as a gift in providing when he had nothing, wife providing is also halal you don’t have to be a scholar to know this, it seems like your cherry picking from the religion to suit your agenda

You must have low Islamic knowledge, I’m talking elementary level, read your Quran allah sent the prophet Khadijah as a gift in providing when he had nothing, wife providing is also halal you don’t have to be a scholar to know this, it seems like your cherry picking from the religion to suit your agenda

The husband is obliged to spend on his wife’s maintenance, on a reasonable basis, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means”

[an-Nisa; 4:34]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/245408

Oh Sheikh Tukraq who knows more than the Quraan and all the Islamic scholars combined. Wallah you are literally the first person I have heard say that husbands do not have to provide. Every Muslim knows this.

@Dalmoor you're a hypocrite, now you're trying to agree with Tukraq that husbands don't have to provide loooooooool and i'm the hypocrite with the agenda?

Everyone can see your like. This is actually a farce.

Tukraq

VIP
The husband is obliged to spend on his wife’s maintenance, on a reasonable basis, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means”

[an-Nisa; 4:34]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/245408

Oh Sheikh Tukraq who knows more than the Quraan and all the Islamic scholars combined. Wallah you are literally the first person I have heard say that husbands do not have to provide. Every Muslim knows this.
In his interpretation of the Qur’an, relying on a narration from Ibn Abbas, Furat Kufi explains that Khadijah was a financial source to make Prophet financially free from want. He says: Did he not find you a wanderer and so He guided you [towards prophecy]? He adds: Did He not find you in need and made you free from want [through Khadijah], this is in the quran

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Warya, don't you ever insult me in that way you filthy little kid. The fact that I have bought up something that is part of the Shafii madhab really rattles you right? The reasons why some madhabs have this position is that the husband does not abuse his position and expect his wife to do everything as she is not a slave.

Instead of accusing me of hypocrisy, why don't you do a bit of research?

How old are you anyway? I can tell you're just a dumb emotional child.
You insulted me first and called another person and now when I clap back. You want to be a victim cry about it? You're the emotional dumb hypocritical I'm exposing. I'm a graduate so don't question my intelligence. I'm 18 and I got more brain than you.

All madhabs and even other sects agree the husband is in absolute charge of the wife so if he expects her to cook. She must obey or else she will receive a sin for disobeying the husband.

Do not expect a traditional husband if you can't be traditional yourself, period. If you want your husband to share the chores then contribute the rent and bills. That's fair.

All kidding aside, in Islam the husband is expected to provide for his wife's food, shelter, clothing, etc. to the same standard as his own, in addition to providing for his children, elderly parents, and younger siblings/unmarried sisters if his parents are old/retired - this is the reason why men in Islam are given a degree of rights over women when it comes to marriage and inheritance because of this extra responsibility. If he forgoes his Islamic responsibility of providing for his wife and/or family, he also forgoes his rights

First of all, Obedience is not about chores lol. It’s about big life decisions and Islamic related things. Since the man is supposed to lead the family. Has nothing to do with ordering your wife to cook your rice. You guys talk about chores like it’s that important. There’s no Islamic rule for cleaning your plate or putting your dirty socks in the laundry basket. Islam is bigger than this. And there are other challenges that people will face in a mariage.

Second , sheikhs are people who spent their lives learning about the rules and getting into the details. They know more than us. It doesn’t mean that we should follow blindly. But there’s a reason we have them.

Last edited:
You insulted me first and called another person and now when I clap back. You want to be a victim cry about it? You're the emotional dumb hypocritical I'm exposing. I'm a graduate so don't question my intelligence. I'm 18 and I got more brain than you.

All madhabs and even other sects agree the husband is in absolute charge of the wife so if he expects her to cook. She must obey or else she will receive a sin for disobeying the husband.

Do not expect a traditional husband if you can't be traditional yourself, period. If you want your husband to share the chores then contribute the rent and bills. That's fair.

Yes and do you see me getting emotional over the fact that a wife has to obey her husband. Yet, you are getting emotional over the fact that a wife does not have to cook and clean with scholars saying it is an act of kindness when a wife does it rather than duty.

An unemotional person asks for proof rather than outright denying things because it doesn't fit into their world view.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
@Dalmoor you're a hypocrite, now you're trying to agree with Tukraq that husbands don't have to provide loooooooool and i'm the hypocrite with the agenda?

Everyone can see your like. This is actually a farce.
How am I a hypocrite? I agree with him cause it's only two options. Whether you want to be a traditional wife and let the husband provide or you be the provider, split the bills & share chores. Ffs, what part don't you understand?

Next thing you're going to say is they ganged up on me. :gucciwhat:
Liking his posts means I agree with what he said.
First of all, Obedience is not about chores lol. It’s about big life decisions and Islamic related things. Since the man is supposed to lead the family. Has nothing to do with ordering your wife to cook your rice. You guys talk about chores like it’s that important. There’s no Islamic rule for cleaning your plate or putting your dirty socks in the laundry basket. Islam is bigger than this. And there are other challenges that people face in a mariage.

Second , sheikhs are people who spent their lives learning about the rules and getting into the details. They know more than us. It doesn’t mean that we should follow blindly. But there’s a reason we have them.
Another dumb noob.

Listen men in Islam are the leader. Stop twisting it to obedience. If he orders you to do something then you must comply. There is no debate over this. It's simple, he's the boss and you serve him.

Women have their rights in Islam so do men.

Men have their own roles, so do men. It's best to not mix them.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Yes and do you see me getting emotional over the fact that a wife has to obey her husband. Yet, you are getting emotional over the fact that a wife does not have to cook and clean with scholars saying it is an act of kindness when a wife does it rather than duty.

An unemotional person asks for proof rather than outright denying things because it doesn't fit into their world view.
Now you're twisting. Yes, in Islam it does not force women to cook and clean, duh but if he's your boss and orders you then that's a different story. Scholars agree on that.

It's haram to disobey him. This shouldn't even be a debate, tbh. :gucciwhat:

How am I a hypocrite? I agree with him cause it's only two options. Whether you want to be a traditional wife and let the husband provide or you be the provider, split the bills & share chores. Ffs, what part don't you understand?

Another dumb noob.

Listen men in Islam are the leader. Stop twisting it to obedience. If he orders you to do something then you must comply. There is no debate over this. It's simple, he's the boss and you serve him.

You’re too immature lol. Bye.

Another dumb noob.

No there is not just two options. Did the prophet S.A.W make his wives pay rent because he used to help with the household chores?

Is it not Sunnah for men to help their partners?

Right now, i'm not even debating with you over splitting 50/50. Obviously if a woman is a housewife and her husband works, she will do most of the housework, but her husband should help her at times as she is not a slave. Yet, you seem to think that because a man works, a woman should not expect any help.

Trending