Splitting dinner bill with your husband

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
No there is not just two options. Did the prophet S.A.W make his wives pay rent because he used to help with the household chores?

Is it not Sunnah for men to help their partners?

Right now, i'm not even debating with you over splitting 50/50. Obviously if a woman is a housewife and her husband works, she will do most of the housework, but her husband should help her at times as she is not a slave. Yet, you seem to think that because a man works, a woman should not expect any help.
No that's unfair. Being in a traditional relationship meaning do not mix roles. You're talking about a modern relationship where there is equality and you're against that so just do your roles and do not expect your husband to do your roles or else you're going to do his roles which is to pay for the rent and bills. That's only fair.

As for Prophet Muhammed. They had a modern relationship. The wives were financially supporting him too.

Now do not call traditional wives slaves just because they don't share their roles with their husband. Expecting a traditional husband to share chores is slavery. Any sane person can see through that.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@HalimaJ @Saredo

Did you guys know the husband is suppose to pay allowance to his wife when she is breastfeeding?

20191225_143505.jpg

At this point I am considering being a surrogate mother or selling my eggs instead of doing free services to a stingy husband who wants to split bills or treats me like a glorified slave
:bell: Periodt

Yeah, you couldn't debate over that fact. Goodbye feminist.

Are they feminists?

Imam al-Mawsili states in al-Ikhtiyar:

“The wife will not be compelled and forced to cook if she refuses to do so, and the husband will be obliged to bring someone who will cook, as it is necessary (Wajib) upon the husband to provide food. They (Fuqaha) said: “This is when she is not capable of cooking or she is from an upper-class family. However, if she is able to cook or she is from a family who normally carry out their jobs themselves, she will be forced, because she is considered (in this case) an obstinate.” (Abd Allah ibn Mahmud al-Mawsili, al-Ikhtiyar li Ta’lil al-Mukhtar, 3/225).

http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/4865

You better not call yourself Shafii. It might be a bit too 'feminist' for you.

There are different opinions. Very fascinating. Some say she doesn't have to if she is used to having maids, whilst others believe:

“It is not a legal obligation of the wife, according to Islamic teachings, to cook the meals or serve the house, and if a woman elects to refuse to undertake these works, a husband cannot compel her to do so.

The Salafis on the other hand believe she has to, but her husband cannot treat her like a glorified maid:

However, even it is a duty according to some of them and this is what we think is more correct the fact that there is such a difference of opinion means that the husband has to look at what she is doing as something voluntary rather than obligatory, or something in which the scholars differ as to whether it is obligatory, so he should be gentle with her if he sees that she is falling short in this regard, and he should encourage her and help her to do it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/1704

Things are not black and white.

Last edited:
No that's unfair. Being in a traditional relationship meaning do not mix roles. You're talking about a modern relationship where there is equality and you're against that so just do your roles and do not expect your husband to do your roles or else you're going to do his roles which is to pay for the rent and bills. That's only fair.

As for Prophet Muhammed. They had a modern relationship. The wives were financially supporting him too.

Now do not call traditional wives slaves just because they don't share their roles with their husband. Expecting a traditional husband to share chores is slavery. Any sane person can see through that.

Authobillah. What proof do you have the Prophet S.A.W had a modern relatioships? So are you telling me did provide for his wives?????

Only Khadijah was rich and even then, they had a traditional relationship as after marriage the Prophet S.A.W used to run her business.

Now you're just chatting rubbish.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Are they feminists?

Imam al-Mawsili states in al-Ikhtiyar:

“The wife will not be compelled and forced to cook if she refuses to do so, and the husband will be obliged to bring someone who will cook, as it is necessary (Wajib) upon the husband to provide food. They (Fuqaha) said: “This is when she is not capable of cooking or she is from an upper-class family. However, if she is able to cook or she is from a family who normally carry out their jobs themselves, she will be forced, because she is considered (in this case) an obstinate.” (Abd Allah ibn Mahmud al-Mawsili, al-Ikhtiyar li Ta’lil al-Mukhtar, 3/225).

http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/4865

You better not call yourself Shafii. It might be a bit too 'feminist' for you.

There are different opinions. Very fascinating. Some say she doesn't have to if she is used to having maids, whilst others believe:

“It is not a legal obligation of the wife, according to Islamic teachings, to cook the meals or serve the house, and if a woman elects to refuse to undertake these works, a husband cannot compel her to do so.

The Salafis on the other hand believe she has to, but her husband cannot treat her like a glorified maid:

However, even it is a duty according to some of them and this is what we think is more correct the fact that there is such a difference of opinion means that the husband has to look at what she is doing as something voluntary rather than obligatory, or something in which the scholars differ as to whether it is obligatory, so he should be gentle with her if he sees that she is falling short in this regard, and he should encourage her and help her to do it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/1704

Things are not black and white.
Authobillah. What proof do you have the Prophet S.A.W had a modern relatioships? So are you telling me did provide for his wives?????

Only Khadijah was rich and even then, they had a traditional relationship as after marriage the Prophet S.A.W used to run her business.

Now you're just chatting rubbish.
I am not salafi. I do not follow Salafism. Salafi allow women beating, you okay with that?

Also, men are in charge of women so if he orders her to cook and clean then she must comply.

Again, Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) wives did financially support her. He was a poor man and her wives actually work and contributed putting food on the table. This is not rubbish, learn his history, you moron.

You're actually very dumb. :snoop:

@HalimaJ @Saredo

Did you guys know the husband is suppose to pay allowance to his wife when she is breastfeeding?

View attachment 85472

At this point I am considering being a surrogate mother or selling my eggs instead of doing free services to a stingy husband who wants to split bills or treats me like a glorified slave
:bell: Periodt

Yh I know hun, but these men are not ready for it. I mean they can't even fathom the idea that helping ones wife is Sunnah. Even the Salafis that believe that a woman has to cook and clean for her husband, still believe that it is sunnah for the husband to help her, yet these men are accusing me of 'feminism' over fatwas that have been in existence for more than 1000 years

I do not even split bills with my friends, let alone with my wife. I really despise greedy and stingy people, especially so called men. However traditional values have always two sides. You can't have a traditional husband that pays for everything and at the same be equal to him. Anyways most women irl actually understand this, only in sspot it seems our sisters want to get everything paid for and simultaneously equal rights. We see what you doing ladies.
:sass2:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
I do not even split bills with my friends, let alone with my wife. I really despise greedy and stingy people, especially so called men. However traditional values have always two sides. You can't have a traditional husband that pays for everything and at the same be equal to him. Anyways most women irl actually understand this, only in sspot it seems our sisters want to get everything paid for and simultaneously equal rights. We see what you doing ladies.
They're hypocrites and I'm exposing these femcels. They all have a pipe dream and expect a traditional husband sharing chores. What world are you living in? If you want him to help out your chores then help out his bills and rent. That simple and fair.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Yh I know hun, but these men are not ready for it. I mean they can't even fathom the idea that helping ones wife is Sunnah. Even the Salafis that believe that a woman has to cook and clean for her husband, still believe that it is sunnah for the husband to help her, yet these men are accusing me of 'feminism' over fatwas that have been in existence for more than 1000 years

If the facts you provided makes you feminist, then Islam is a feminist religion. I noticed how some of the men here use deen to promote their selfish desires.
You are doing God's work educating the young muslim girls here on their rights abayo:it0tdo8:

I am not salafi. I do not follow Salafism. Salafi allow women beating, you okay with that?

Also, men are in charge of women so if he orders her to cook and clean then she must comply.

Again, Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) wives did financially support her. He was a poor man and her wives actually work and contributed putting food on the table. This is not rubbish, learn his history, you moron.

You're actually very dumb. :snoop:

Are you dumb. Salafis are the ONLY ones that say a woman MUST serve her husband, but even then it is within reason and he should help her.

Please actually read what I post, instead of rushing to reply.

No, according to the fatwas I posted, he cannot order her to cook and clean as that goes against her rights, similarly to the way in which he cannot order her to give him her money. There is a difference of opinion in that regard btw.

Also, where is your daleel that the Prophets wives worked outside the home? What did they do to help him? You are calling me a moron, when you are making stuff up.

Wallah If you find me proof that the mothers of believers paid rent and paid for food I will stop debating with you.

No, No. If I was a housewife, I would have no problem doing most of the cooking and cleaning as my husband would be too tired to split the chores with me. That does not mean that you can treat your wife as a glorified maid just because you provide. She still needs help at times.

It is mad that you think that you don't need to help. Housewife and being a mother is a never ending job at times, especially if a woman has kids under the age of 5. Whilst you have breaks in your 9-5, when you have a crying babies and a house to clean, at times you get no break. Also, women now have to work as most of ya'll can't even look after a family on your own because of living costs, especially reer London and Toronto.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Are you dumb. Salafis are the ONLY ones that say a woman MUST serve her husband, but even then it is within reason and he should help her.

Please actually read what I post, instead of rushing to reply.

No, according to the fatwas I posted, he cannot order her to cook and clean as that goes against her rights, similarly to the way in which he cannot order her to give him her money. There is a difference of opinion in that regard btw.

Also, where is your daleel that the Prophets wives worked outside the home? What did they do to help him? You are calling me a moron, when you are making stuff up.

Wallah If you find me proof that the mothers of believers paid rent and paid for food I will stop debating with you.
Listen I am not saying women should pay the rent and bills but it's not haram to financially support your husband same way as Khadija and other wives of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) did. It's in Islamic history, everybody knows this. @TekNiKo can show you.

All madhabs agree the wive should serve and obey the husband and you brought out Salafi whom I do not follow and promote domestic abuse which is why I called you dumb.

Gambar

VIP
No, No. If I was a housewife, I would have no problem doing most of the cooking and cleaning as my husband would be too tired to split the chores with me. That does not mean that you can treat your wife as a glorified maid just because you provide. She still needs help at times.

It is mad that you think that you don't need to help. Housewife and being a mother is a never ending job at times, especially if a woman has kids under the age of 5. Whilst you have breaks in your 9-5, when you have a crying babies and a house to clean, at times you get no break. Also, women now have to work as most of ya'll can't even look after a family on your own because of living costs, especially reer London and Toronto.
Don’t mind them they’re all mostly full of xaar. They can’t even pay for their Oyster card.

Listen I am not saying women should pay the rent and bills but it's not haram to financially support your husband same way as Khadija and other wives of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) did. It's in Islamic history, everybody knows this. @TekNiKo can show you.

All madhabs agree the wive should serve and obey the husband and you brought out Salafi whom I do not follow and promote domestic abuse which is why I called you dumb.

No, i bought up Salafis to say that they are ones that believe a wife must serve, whilst the others like the Shafii madhab believe she doesn't have to with some believing that he cannot force her.

Why reply, if you refuse to read actual sources?

I know Khadijah did. But provide me proof that the Prophets other wives provided for him. It is Aisha that narrated that the prophet S.A.W used to help his family. That is why it is Sunnah to help.

Are you suggesting that the prophet S.A.W did not provide for his other wives. If so what did the other wives do work wise? We know Khadijah had her own business, but what did Aisha, Umm Salamah, Zainab do outside of the home?

Trending