Somalis marrying outside of Somali

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Go to Somalia and see if halfies with Somali mothers are accepted:icon lol::icon lol:
I didn't say they are accepted but in my eyes the ones with Somali fathers raised abroad are foreigners aswell. If people wnat somali kids go with a somali otherwise don't cry when your kids are not somali

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I didn't say they are accepted but in my eyes the ones with Somali fathers raised abroad are foreigners aswell. If people wnat somali kids go with a somali otherwise don't cry when your kids are not somali

In your eyes maybe but not in the eyes of Somalis. For me the half Somali kid with Somali dad is more closer to me tbh

Just say she's reer xamar @Viva Benadir can give you advice on that.

African or Madow? You mad? According to our history they are our enemies, lmao. Don't be a hypocrite.

Guys can marry outside, it's okay, children will have their lineage, and if something goes wrong, they can easily be found, same can not be said for ajnabi men.

Conclusion, women should stay within the ethnicity, males should get married with asians.

@guntiino101 @zeinap83 are two somali women who are team asian like me, so their opinion regarding this might be interesting
Do you, wallahi! Don’t live for others.

What is your opinion on people who marry outside of Somali culture? For example, my fiance is Arab. My parents were honest with me and said they're only OK with it because I am a guy and they know that the children are considered Somali as a result, so the Qabiil remains. And they're happy with her being at least Arab rather than cadaan or Madow, although I have dated cadaan european before.

When people look at us, we get prolonged looks from Somali women (the older women are OK with it, but I get stares form the younger women) . I have never dated a Somali woman, I'd have loved to but never got close to one. My friends and I were just not their type.

Now, when I see a Somali woman, I brace myself for the looks. Sometimes, they think I am an arab, but they can't be too sure. I told my fiance to just pretend to be Somali since there are some arab descendant Somalis where I was born in Somalia. It does help she loves Somali culture and makes Somali food now.

My honest opinion:

Guys
I think guys should be able to marry outside of Somali culture. Somali Qabil is important, and in this case the Somali remains intact.

For women?
I am not so sure if I am being honest. This is because we can hold Somali men to account if they do wrong to women. And Somali qabiil and naming is passed down through the father. A woman marrying outside of Somali, her children are not considered Somali. If we had a society where people could gain citizenship, this actually would not be an issue. The man could simply gain Somali citizenship and marry his wife.
We must also not divorce the colonial history of all african nations. I would much rather my daughter marry another African or a Madow than a Cadaan or Arab. As a woman, marrying an cadaan, means you're not that bothered by the history of rape committed against our foremothers.

I thought I'd share it from the perspective of someone who is already in a multicultural relationship. What are your thoughts? Are you in a multicultural relationship?
It's also very high chance of failure for Somali women mainly because Somali culture is the least controlling of women among other Muslim cultures. So when she gets into a relationship, she runs the risk of being told what to do, what to wear, where to go and Somali girl's aren't used to this level of control so it could bring many arguments,fights, abuse and divorce.
The main problem with Somali men with half kids is that the kids are barely Somali culturally and don't associate with Somalis. To counter this, you should make them live in Somalia for some time. Cultural clash may happen but it's less of a problem for us guys.
Btw what type of arab is she?

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Your lineage stays intact as long as Allah gives you boys. It doesn’t matter what ethnicity your wife has
I am only dating outside, I am planning on marry a somali woman, but who knows what God has planned.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
What is your opinion on people who marry outside of Somali culture? For example, my fiance is Arab. My parents were honest with me and said they're only OK with it because I am a guy and they know that the children are considered Somali as a result, so the Qabiil remains. And they're happy with her being at least Arab rather than cadaan or Madow, although I have dated cadaan european before.

When people look at us, we get prolonged looks from Somali women (the older women are OK with it, but I get stares form the younger women) . I have never dated a Somali woman, I'd have loved to but never got close to one. My friends and I were just not their type.

Now, when I see a Somali woman, I brace myself for the looks. Sometimes, they think I am an arab, but they can't be too sure. I told my fiance to just pretend to be Somali since there are some arab descendant Somalis where I was born in Somalia. It does help she loves Somali culture and makes Somali food now.

My honest opinion:

Guys
I think guys should be able to marry outside of Somali culture. Somali Qabil is important, and in this case the Somali remains intact.

For women?
I am not so sure if I am being honest. This is because we can hold Somali men to account if they do wrong to women. And Somali qabiil and naming is passed down through the father. A woman marrying outside of Somali, her children are not considered Somali. If we had a society where people could gain citizenship, this actually would not be an issue. The man could simply gain Somali citizenship and marry his wife.
We must also not divorce the colonial history of all african nations. I would much rather my daughter marry another African or a Madow than a Cadaan or Arab. As a woman, marrying an cadaan, means you're not that bothered by the history of rape committed against our foremothers.

I thought I'd share it from the perspective of someone who is already in a multicultural relationship. What are your thoughts? Are you in a multicultural relationship?

youre an hypocrite you married out and you think you of all people have a say IF people decide to marry out

It's also very high chance of failure for Somali women mainly because Somali culture is the least controlling of women among other Muslim cultures. So when she gets into a relationship, she runs the risk of being told what to do, what to wear, where to go and Somali girl's aren't used to this level of control so it could bring many arguments,fights, abuse and divorce.
The main problem with Somali men with half kids is that the kids are barely Somali culturally and don't associate with Somalis. To counter this, you should make them live in Somalia for some time. Cultural clash may happen but it's less of a problem for us guys.
Btw what type of arab is she?
Dubai.
youre an hypocrite you married out and you think you of all people have a say IF people decide to marry out
I am not a hypocrite. Just being honest about my feelings.

I will be taking my children back to Xamar routinely. She also told me she wants my children to learn Somali. She wants to raise my children and have my mother help her raise them the Somali way.

Trending

Latest posts