Somalis marrying outside of Somali

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
What is your opinion on people who marry outside of Somali culture? For example, my fiance is Arab. My parents were honest with me and said they're only OK with it because I am a guy and they know that the children are considered Somali as a result, so the Qabiil remains. And they're happy with her being at least Arab rather than cadaan or Madow, although I have dated cadaan european before.

When people look at us, we get prolonged looks from Somali women (the older women are OK with it, but I get stares form the younger women) . I have never dated a Somali woman, I'd have loved to but never got close to one. My friends and I were just not their type.

Now, when I see a Somali woman, I brace myself for the looks. Sometimes, they think I am an arab, but they can't be too sure. I told my fiance to just pretend to be Somali since there are some arab descendant Somalis where I was born in Somalia. It does help she loves Somali culture and makes Somali food now.

My honest opinion:

Guys
I think guys should be able to marry outside of Somali culture. Somali Qabil is important, and in this case the Somali remains intact.

For women?
I am not so sure if I am being honest. This is because we can hold Somali men to account if they do wrong to women. And Somali qabiil and naming is passed down through the father. A woman marrying outside of Somali, her children are not considered Somali. If we had a society where people could gain citizenship, this actually would not be an issue. The man could simply gain Somali citizenship and marry his wife.
We must also not divorce the colonial history of all african nations. I would much rather my daughter marry another African or a Madow than a Cadaan or Arab. As a woman, marrying an cadaan, means you're not that bothered by the history of rape committed against our foremothers.

I thought I'd share it from the perspective of someone who is already in a multicultural relationship. What are your thoughts? Are you in a multicultural relationship?

As long as they marrying Muslims, am good with that! Marry White Muslims. if u can, to have pretty mix babies. If u marry under u, i guess Muslim light is all u got. (am not picking on blacks)

I still don't get why somalis don't consider children who have fathers that aren't somali somali. Biologically they're somali what other proof do you need?

I still don't get why somalis don't consider children who have fathers that aren't somali somali. Biologically they're somali what other proof do you need?

Clan... Biologically speaking there is obviously no difference.

Low key retarded in today's setting, but I'm not complaining lol

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
if both your parents aren't somali you won't be considered somali how hard is that to grasp?

those offsprings will just be seen as half somali nothing more nothing less just as when the father is somali and the mother is foreign.

Obviously they're half, but they have the option to involve themselves in the community.

Everybody here in real life shows mad love to half-bloods.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Obviously they're half, but they have the option to involve themselves in the community.

Everybody here in real life shows mad love to half-bloods.
yup and thats a good thing to embrace your somali side nothing wrong with that but it still dont change the facts.

yup and thats a good thing to embrace your somali side nothing wrong with that but it still dont change the facts.

Sooo... if they claim Somali, and get treated Somali... they are Somali?

Doesn't change their biological make up... but at that point it makes no difference

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Sooo... if they claim Somali, and get treated Somali... they are Somali?

Doesn't change their biological make up... but at that point it makes no difference
where did i say they cant claim somali? it will just look stupid if they ignore their other half they can get treated as somali but they will always be seen as foreign.

I think if a somali woman wants to marry out its her choice her life. No one really cares about what happens between couples even if they are somali people love to gossip about them more than actually help them.All in all somali women are entitled always been entitled to choose who they want to marry.We're not bangalis. They have their own brains.

Trending