Somalis marrying outside of Somali

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Men hold the qabiil but women hold the culture. I have seen too many children of Somali men and ajnabi women adopting the culture/religion of their mothers.

Qabiil without culture is as worthless as culture without qabiil. Somalis should only marry each other.

I’m saying it’s illogical since Islam itself is artificial, all feelings and senses of community are artificial, it might’ve made strategic sense in the past but today it’s irrelevant.

Blood relations are more important
Somalis are clanish people do you think we will accept gaals who we look down upon. Why do you think we hate other horners gaals. I would rather my children marry Bantu Muslim than gaal Somali.

You're ignorant. It's ignorant to accept someone based on ethnicity rather than based on culture/belief.

I’m saying ethnicity is superior because it’s natural, you need to spin a complex narrative to make a meaning of religious bonds

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Marry whoever you want make sure she doesn't go out of line and disrespect somali culture and people. For example @Emily her fiance allows her to talk shit about somalis constantly

He knows I don’t talk shit about Somalians unless they come for my people and he supports that :kanyeshrug:

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Your kids are as somali as kids with Somali mothers. Both non Somali to me since you live abroad especially I'd reconsider if you lived in soamlia but abroad the kids are not somali don't talk down on those with somali mothers as if their kids are less somali than ones with male fathers. Teach your kids they are not somali they are half arab half somali not full so they don't have identity crisis when older.

Go to Somalia and see if halfies with Somali mothers are accepted:icon lol::icon lol:

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Your kids are as somali as kids with Somali mothers. Both non Somali to me since you live abroad especially I'd reconsider if you lived in soamlia but abroad the kids are not somali don't talk down on those with somali mothers as if their kids are less somali than ones with male fathers. Teach your kids they are not somali they are half arab half somali not full so they don't have identity crisis when older.
Without a clan you're not somali, you're langaab xabash, but qabiil without culture is just as bad tbh.

What is your opinion on people who marry outside of Somali culture? For example, my fiance is Arab. My parents were honest with me and said they're only OK with it because I am a guy and they know that the children are considered Somali as a result, so the Qabiil remains. And they're happy with her being at least Arab rather than cadaan or Madow, although I have dated cadaan european before.

When people look at us, we get prolonged looks from Somali women (the older women are OK with it, but I get stares form the younger women) . I have never dated a Somali woman, I'd have loved to but never got close to one. My friends and I were just not their type.

Now, when I see a Somali woman, I brace myself for the looks. Sometimes, they think I am an arab, but they can't be too sure. I told my fiance to just pretend to be Somali since there are some arab descendant Somalis where I was born in Somalia. It does help she loves Somali culture and makes Somali food now.

My honest opinion:

Guys
I think guys should be able to marry outside of Somali culture. Somali Qabil is important, and in this case the Somali remains intact.

For women?
I am not so sure if I am being honest. This is because we can hold Somali men to account if they do wrong to women. And Somali qabiil and naming is passed down through the father. A woman marrying outside of Somali, her children are not considered Somali. If we had a society where people could gain citizenship, this actually would not be an issue. The man could simply gain Somali citizenship and marry his wife.
We must also not divorce the colonial history of all african nations. I would much rather my daughter marry another African or a Madow than a Cadaan or Arab. As a woman, marrying an cadaan, means you're not that bothered by the history of rape committed against our foremothers.

I thought I'd share it from the perspective of someone who is already in a multicultural relationship. What are your thoughts? Are you in a multicultural relationship?

FIRST OF ALL, WHEN IT COMES TO LINAGE BIT, ABOUT THE KID NOT BEING SOMALI IF THE FATHER IS NOT SOMALI, YOU ARE RIGHT, THAT IS FACTS, WE CARRY OUR FATHER'S LINAGE, SURNAME, CLAN. HOWEVER

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE AVERAGE SOMALI GIRL IN THE WEST MARRYING OUTSIDE, I JUST DON'T LIKE IT WHEN THEY GO WITH LOW LIFE REVERT GUYS WHO GIVE THEM AN APPLE FOR MEHR. they give us a bad name.

MY COUSIN is married an cadaan Argentinian women, they have 3 children together, and speak somali fluently and have visited the motherland and lived there for A year awhile back. he didn't get much hate, the childern were welcomed and seen as somali and claimed by their clan. i know for a fact if it was vice versa, as in cadaan man, the kids would have not been regarded as a somali by the somali community in somalia.

to my somali sister, IF YOU ARE MARRYING OUTSIDE, MARRY UP, NOT DOWN. SOMALI GIRLS TEND TO MARRY DOWN MOST OF THE TIME, LIKE afro Caribbean criminal/ white trailer trash reverts , i understand though, because most of the whites that convert are generally low class uneducated broke men. also most of the somali guys that marry outside are high class high earning individuals, my cousin who married that cadaan women, is a civil engineer and makes well over £200K annually.

ColloquiallyFluent

That one dude with the prosthetic arm.
No, he is somalian
20180715_212703.jpg

Trending

Latest posts