Somalis marrying outside of Somali

What is your opinion on people who marry outside of Somali culture? For example, my fiance is Arab. My parents were honest with me and said they're only OK with it because I am a guy and they know that the children are considered Somali as a result, so the Qabiil remains. And they're happy with her being at least Arab rather than cadaan or Madow, although I have dated cadaan european before.

When people look at us, we get prolonged looks from Somali women (the older women are OK with it, but I get stares form the younger women) . I have never dated a Somali woman, I'd have loved to but never got close to one. My friends and I were just not their type.

Now, when I see a Somali woman, I brace myself for the looks. Sometimes, they think I am an arab, but they can't be too sure. I told my fiance to just pretend to be Somali since there are some arab descendant Somalis where I was born in Somalia. It does help she loves Somali culture and makes Somali food now.

My honest opinion:

Guys
I think guys should be able to marry outside of Somali culture. Somali Qabil is important, and in this case the Somali remains intact.

For women?
I am not so sure if I am being honest. This is because we can hold Somali men to account if they do wrong to women. And Somali qabiil and naming is passed down through the father. A woman marrying outside of Somali, her children are not considered Somali. If we had a society where people could gain citizenship, this actually would not be an issue. The man could simply gain Somali citizenship and marry his wife.
We must also not divorce the colonial history of all african nations. I would much rather my daughter marry another African or a Madow than a Cadaan or Arab. As a woman, marrying an cadaan, means you're not that bothered by the history of rape committed against our foremothers.

I thought I'd share it from the perspective of someone who is already in a multicultural relationship. What are your thoughts? Are you in a multicultural relationship?

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Just say she's reer xamar @Viva Benadir can give you advice on that.

African or Madow? You mad? According to our history they are our enemies, lmao. Don't be a hypocrite.

Guys can marry outside, it's okay, children will have their lineage, and if something goes wrong, they can easily be found, same can not be said for ajnabi men.

Conclusion, women should stay within the ethnicity, males should get married with asians.

@guntiino101 @zeinap83 are two somali women who are team asian like me, so their opinion regarding this might be interesting

Good point about the Madow part.

Marrying Asian for a Somali girl? I never thought about this. I don't know how I feel about that at this point to be honest!

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
For men its okay to be honest, you shouldnt f up your genes by having kids with a black woman though. You dont wanna have some half Madow/adoon kids.

For woman its different. Most of the shisheeye men leave them after they have childeren together cuz most of the Somali girls become fat and ugly when she has kids. They look for a poor miskeen Faarax who raises her half adoon kids with her and thats how she ends.

What a shame.

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
One more point to add, interracial marriage usually fail. Will be harder for women overall, but no problem.

I am far too tribal to look at a non Somali. I would want my honey to be from my clan and preferably my sub clan because how can I be a qabiilist alongside a ajnabi?
:idontlike:

African or Madow? You mad? According to our history they are our enemies, lmao. Don't be a hypocrite.

Guys can marry outside, it's okay, children will have their lineage, and if something goes wrong, they can easily be found, same can not be said for ajnabi men.

Conclusion, women should stay within the ethnicity, males should get married with asians.

@guntiino101 @zeinap83 are two somali women who are team asian like me, so their opinion regarding this might be interesting
I'm not team Asian, I was joking, although most Asian guys are good men, I can't imagine dating or marrying one :ohno:

What a stupid ass thread. So you marry and date outside, but you don't think Somali women should be allowed to do the same? Get out of here:drakewtf::camby:

I've never met someone half Somali with a Somali father, that speaks Somali and knows anything about our culture.

What a stupid ass thread. So you marry and date outside, but you don't think Somali women should be allowed to do the same? Get out of here:drakewtf::camby:

I've never met someone half Somali with a Somali father, that speaks Somali and knows anything about our culture.
As I have explained above, considering the current situation of Somalia and the Somali diaspora, it would be problematic. You honestly tell me that you're OK with a somali girl marrying a cadaan?

As I have explained above, considering the current situation of Somalia and the Somali diaspora, it would be problematic. You honestly tell me that you're OK with a somali girl marrying a cadaan?
And what would be wrong with that? As long as he isn't a criminal or abusive I don't see anything wrong with it.
You're a hypocrite. Admit it :kodaksmiley:

:kodaksmiley: I would never marry an asian acudubillah.

Your preference should be somali but if you meet someone who you are compatible with you shouldnt reject them solely because of their ethnicity. But Those somalis that actively look for ajnabis are :susp:

Lol also wtf is OPs hypocrisy naaga fadhiiso.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Stupid thread so someone who married out wants to regulate what other do and if they are allowed to marry out.

Trending