Somali girl who got shot, sister speaks out

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Visiting America made me realise how tense and scary police are. Never felt like that in the uk. I can’t imagine what it’s like when that’s your normal
It’s scary sis, especially for our young men. They will stop you for something small and provoke you. The older generation/fob might fear them but the younger generation know their rights and will exercise them, you can’t live in fear that’s what they want

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Are you really telling me that a black man who cooperates fully and doesn't resist arrest whatsoever still is in serious danger? Come on now.

I've been to the US and we got pulled over by a cop in DC. Wonderful guy and he just was checking since our plate was from Ontario. My Dad and him ended up laughing and he wished us a safe trip to Charlotte which was our next destination. Now you'll say it's a one off but you're doing the same with this Philando guy.

Your being dishonest if you're suggesting that a black male would still be in serious danger when he fully cooperates with the police and even if that's the case, that's the best option to take so my advice still stands.
Are you serious? How are you comparing your one time encounter with the police to this? Is this real? There are racist cops who join the force to kill black men, count your blessing your encounter wasn’t with one.
And I gave you an example of a black man who cooperated with them and still got killed.

Are you really telling me that a black man who cooperates fully and doesn't resist arrest whatsoever still is in serious danger? Come on now.

I've been to the US and we got pulled over by a cop in DC. Wonderful guy and he just was checking since our plate was from Ontario. My Dad and him ended up laughing and he wished us a safe trip to Charlotte which was our next destination. Now you'll say it's a one off but you're doing the same with this Philando guy.

Your being dishonest if you're suggesting that a black male would still be in serious danger when he fully cooperates with the police and even if that's the case, that's the best option to take so my advice still stands.

These Americans are obsessed with being victims.Their mentality has been taken over by Madow mentality. And truth is Madows don’t know peaceful protest. Hell couple of weeks ago those armed hillbillies were having armed protest. You didn’t see them throwing rocks on police or cars

Exactly. I’ve been pulled over multiple times by cops who seemed to be looking for trouble. All you need to do in those scenarios is remain calm. Fighting or causing commotion with cops is the wrong way fight against systemic racism.

Are you serious? How are you comparing your one time encounter with the police to this? Is this real? There are racist cops who join the force to kill black men, count your blessing your encounter wasn’t with one.
And I gave you an example of a black man who cooperated with them and still got killed.
Dw, when they see your soft hair and nose, they (maybe) won't shoot you.

You guys are oblivious to the fact that cops dont give a f*ck if you are somali they just see you as another nigga. Also since when did protesting injustice become a bad thing :ayaanswag: dude gets killed in broad day but saying anything about it is being a .

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I gave you a true anecdote but you're not thinking rationally and are caught up in the events instead of the premise of my argument.

Answer my question before we go in circles

What's the best way to handle police encounters?

1. Angrily list your rights in an aggressive and abrasive manner

2. Calmly listen and attempt to follow their instructions to the letter

NotMyL which one is more likely to get you home in one piece? I'm merely stating option two makes the most logical sense and that's what I advice people to do.

I'm not denying racism in the police force. There's no point in potentially triggering an even bigger power trip with option one. Are the police racist 100000% YES.

I wish my type 3b hair could prevent these scenarios but I'm 100% sure I'll probably have to deal with at least one
:urgh:

You guys are oblivious to the fact that cops dont give a f*ck if you are somali they just see you as another nigga. Also since when did protesting injustice become a bad thing :ayaanswag: dude gets killed in broad day but saying anything about it is being a *****.
Go throw your rocks and campaign for us then instead of lecturing about BLM activism on an online forum. Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited:
You guys are oblivious to the fact that cops dont give a f*ck if you are somali they just see you as another nigga. Also since when did protesting injustice become a bad thing :ayaanswag: dude gets killed in broad day but saying anything about it is being a *****.
So how is throwing rocks on police car and having riots gonna help?

Gambar

VIP
These Americans are obsessed with being victims.Their mentality has been taken over by Madow mentality. And truth is Madows don’t know peaceful protest. Hell couple of weeks ago those armed hillbillies were having armed protest. You didn’t see them throwing rocks on police or cars
Because they’re white and the police won’t touch them. :westbrookwtf:

White people had a armed protest for corona lockdown lets not compare the two :drakelaugh: