Somali girl to Somali men: You WILL NOT treat us like how our fathers SO BADLY treated our mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the times I think it's just culture clash. Of course a father that grew up in the badiyo will never understand the western ways and culture that his daughter has adopted. And for a girl that's never stepped a foot in the badiyo she won't understand her father and where he's coming from.

And tbh most of the time it is the Hooyo that carries the family in the west... that's why they're constantly praised and adored. Just because most of us haven't experienced what this girl has doesn't mean it didn't happen to her.

If a girl had a legit horrible home life and she was subjected to abuse. Who are you to dismiss what she's been through? Just because your feelings have been hurt by the generalizations.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Tch this is exactly what I mean, I don't see why I should care for each and every single man out there when the same courtesy isn't extended to the other half. You can acknowledge the strife your parents went through without having it thrown in your face as a reason not to complain every single time

Children often mirror what their parents do so if there was never any form of consideration given to them then their parents shouldn't act surprised when they don't get anything back:camby:

Because it isn't just her father at this point but a sad trope being repeated over and over again, maybe it's inherent in somali culture but it's too prevalent a phenomena to just be a coincidence

they never do it once. i'm serious. even in real life when i hear girls ing about their fathers never once do i hear that tiny consideration for what they go through. if you trivialize the strife of people who have suffered immensely why should i take your online chattering seriously?

stop absolving stupidity. also please prove the latter. where are all these men running to marry women back home. just did a mental head count in my head of practically every kid i grew up with and the aabos are accounted for as is. time to stop generalizing and start showing real evidence for this. of course some men go home, and they're xoolo for abandoning their families but shes speaking on a wide scale like this is systematic and i'm not seeing proof of this.

i can counter your anecdotes with my own so it's relative moot.

The you're not kwaans anymore threat.

We all know a "queen" is a euphemism for.

for what?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
i'm still not seeing any concrete arguments to explain this retardation just a lot of "you don't know what they been through man"

VixR

Veritas
they never do it once. i'm serious. even in real life when i hear girls ing about their fathers never once do i hear that tiny consideration for what they go through. if you trivialize the strife of people who have suffered immensely why should i take your online chattering seriously?

stop absolving stupidity. also please prove the latter. where are all these men running to marry women back home. just did a mental head count in my head of practically every kid i grew up with and the aabos are accounted for as is. time to stop generalizing and start showing real evidence for this. of course some men go home, and they're xoolo for abandoning their families but shes speaking on a wide scale like this is systematic and i'm not seeing proof of this.

i can counter your anecdotes with my own so it's relative moot.

for what?
What is the male response to this? Summed up in three words: shut her up.

A "queen" is a mat, so I've come to know.

Black lives matter is valid because it targets current suppression of Blacks TODAY. Hell, even reparations makes somewhat sense, but that would imply we're benefiting from the status quo our fathers generated... Which is total nonsense because we've got f*ck all. That's at least somewhat logical and can be argued.

It's like you guys are going this on purpose wallahi

fox-mulder.gif

What do we throw arms up about??? We've had vastly different experience than our fathers, so to say we're a reflection is utter nonsense. In fact, I doubt any generational gap of this size from father to son will occur in the next 100's of years.

Let me straight forward ask you. Do young western Somali men treat Somali women the same way the previous generation did? Because that's entirely what she's implying we intend.

No she isn't, read her tweet again. She is implying males of today are mad they aren't getting the same kind of leeway that our aabos once had :siilaanyosmile:

I don't really disagree with her tbh, I mean how many threads do we have here berating us about not accepting polygamous marriages
or the ones demanding their future wife go part time or drop her job entirely to take care of a child

or the 78413.2.6232 posts complaining about western halimos and how y'all are just gonna fly back to somalia to get urself a non corrupt, non westernised fob wife who won't call you out on ur shit :ayaanswag:

You guys expect a door mat and someone who'll roll over at every say so you get mad when that isn't the case. Entitlement I say

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What is the male response to this? Summed up in three words: shut her up.

A "queen" is a mat, so I've come to know.

what are you talking about fam? i'm talking about how somali girls ironically view themselves as considerably more stable individuals than their male counterparts. none of this is from the male perspective.

and nah our response to this ain't shut her up. it's for her to put context to what she says and stop generalizing.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
No she isn't, read her tweet again. She is implying males of today are mad they aren't getting the same kind of leeway that our aabos once had :siilaanyosmile:

I don't really disagree with her tbh, I mean how many threads do we have here berating us about not accepting polygamous marriages
or the ones demanding their future wife go part time or drop her job entirely to take care of a child

or the 78413.2.6232 posts complaining about western halimos and how y'all are just gonna fly back to somalia to get urself a non corrupt, non westernised fob wife who won't call you out on ur shit :ayaanswag:

You guys expect a door mat and someone who'll roll over at every say so you get mad when that isn't the case. Entitlement I say

Judging males of today based on people here? :cosbyhmm:

Would it be fair of me to judge Somali women of today based on Twitter xalimos? :cosbyhmm:

black

live and let die.

:dwill: For every faarax complaining Xalimos are spoiled, entitled creatures there is a literal 5.3/10 Xalimo with nothing but a womb to offer demanding a 70k meher. Image if they actually meant it and stuck to it? #SomaliGenocide when?

VixR

Veritas
what are you talking about fam? i'm talking about how somali girls ironically view themselves as considerably more stable individuals than their male counterparts. none of this is from the male perspective.

and nah our response to this ain't shut her up. it's for her to put context to what she says and stop generalizing.
You're gonna have to expand on this. What does the male perspective have to with this, and how does it relate to her perspective?

I'm gonna be frank, that I do believe we are more stable than our male counterparts. That's just what I see.

:damn:I said it before and I am gonna say it again Somali women shouldn't be allowed to use twitter or any other social media

Khalid

Issue a Fatwa which says, gabadhii Tiwitar istimaasho weey ridowdey and use one of those prevention of fitna hadiths the salafis in Saudi Arabia under Shaykh Ibn Baz used banning women from driving. This is the Hadith.
"I'm not leaving behind me a more harmful fitnah for men than women".
Since the majority of Somali female twitter users are salafis, it might work on them.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You're gonna have to expand on this. What does the male perspective have to with this, and how does it relate to her perspective?

are we still talking about my queens jab? because you said queen is a euphemism for something and i don't know what it is.

because that's not a narrative that comes from men it's from the women.

black

live and let die.
You know what. I've just realised I'm trying to understand and rationally approach an emotional response. Perhaps that's not the most productive way to go about it.

Judging males of today based on people here? :cosbyhmm:

Would it be fair of me to judge Somali women of today based on Twitter xalimos? :cosbyhmm:

I am so sorry my fellow gaal but how is it a generalisation when there's common set of values somalis generally tend to stick with :snoop:

Most are raised with a set of rules and values that tend to align with both religious views and culturals ones so I'm not really far off when I'm generalisation, I mean that is technically what somali ppl expect a good wife to be like

You can excuse yourself from this narrative since you're atheist :mjkkk:
:dwill: For every faarax complaining Xalimos are spoiled, entitled creatures there is a literal 5.3/10 Xalimo with nothing but a womb to offer demanding a 70k meher. Image if they actually meant it and stuck to it? #SomaliGenocide when?

You can always find one with a cheaper mehr dee, finding a faraax that isn't entitled is like looking for a needle in a haystick :birdman:

VixR

Veritas
You know what. I've just realised I'm trying to understand and rationally approach an emotional response. Perhaps that's not the most productive way to go about it.
You do realize your response to her tweet is, in fact, emotional?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

i'm cool with emotional responses though. it's this irony of "acknowledge my tribulations while i marginalize others" thing that i can get behind.

also the defenses coming from the women here are pitiful to say the least.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I am so sorry my fellow gaal but how is it a generalisation when there's common set of values somalis generally tend to stick with :snoop:

Most are raised with a set of rules and values that tend to align with both religious views and culturals ones so I'm not really far off when I'm generalisation, I mean that is technically what somali ppl expect a good wife to be like

You can excuse yourself from this narrative since you're atheist :mjkkk:

Fair point :hmm:

But i'd bet you'd be suprised to hear that i was very forward thinking even in my muslim days, never really wanted a quiet doormat of a wife :kanyeshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.