Somali girl to Somali men: You WILL NOT treat us like how our fathers SO BADLY treated our mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
No it isn't.
:icon lol:
You're personalizing her tweet. That is, to the core, emotional. At least you acknowledged the validity of complaint, even if the act of actually voicing it is deemed a mountain of bullshit.

This isn't a stray tweet. Nearly 400 Somali girls agreed with her :faysalwtf:

That in itself should tell you something.

they never do it once. i'm serious. even in real life when i hear girls ing about their fathers never once do i hear that tiny consideration for what they go through. if you trivialize the strife of people who have suffered immensely why should i take your online chattering seriously?

stop absolving stupidity. also please prove the latter. where are all these men running to marry women back home. just did a mental head count in my head of practically every kid i grew up with and the aabos are accounted for as is. time to stop generalizing and start showing real evidence for this. of course some men go home, and they're xoolo for abandoning their families but shes speaking on a wide scale like this is systematic and i'm not seeing proof of this.

i can counter your anecdotes with my own so it's relative moot.

It isn't stupidity but child psychology 101, Monkey see monkey do, don't expect anything in return when you haven't put any effort into your childs mental well being at all is what I say

I'm sorry but if she's speaking about her own father with this kind of vitriol it's safe to say he didn't deserve any kind of sympathy, shouting "what about ur aabos struggle tho!" at her isn't helpful at all and just comes across as another form of gaslighting

It isn't just about men running away and leaving their wives but entitlement in general, and you're not gonna act like it's some rare thing when it's a wide spread problem :faysalwtf: others can attest to it too

black

live and let die.
You're personalizing her tweet. That is, to the core, emotional. At least you acknowledged the validity of complaint, even if the act of actually voicing it is deemed a mountain of bullshit.

This isn't a stray tweet. Nearly 400 Somali girls agreed with her :faysalwtf:

That in itself should tell you something.

Let me ask you again, do Somalis in the west in our generation treat each other the same way our parents did? Just a simple yes or no will suffice.

The truth is no. She's implying we do based on her personal experience of how her father treated her mother.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It isn't stupidity but child psychology 101, Monkey see monkey do, don't expect anything in return when you haven't put any effort into your childs mental well being at all is what I say

I'm sorry but if she's speaking about her own father with this kind of vitriol it's safe to say he didn't deserve any kind of sympathy, shouting "what about ur aabos struggle tho!" at her isn't helpful at all and just comes across as another form of gaslighting

It isn't just about men running away and leaving their wives but entitlement in general, and you're not gonna act like it's some rare thing when it's a wide spread problem :faysalwtf: others can attest to it too

which is why i said if you want to speak about your own father then do so. don't generalize because there's nuance in every single circumstance. and when the circumstances are as i laid them out to be you're going to run the risk of seeming insensitive to people who likely suffered more than you could ever imagine. preface your comments accurately or don't be shocked at the backlash.

i never said "her aabos" i said aabos everywhere. most of them have suffered what i listed above. that isn't debatable. the entitlement she's talking about is also a generalization. where's this new wave of young somali men that expect doormat wives? i have yet to encounter one with these extremists views in the west save for sspot.

you're making the same assumptions of her upbringing as anyone else, what i'm stipulating is her not throwing every man under that umbrella and using experience as some measuring stick for her views. it's tactless and inaccurate and it trivializes a whole group of men who have endured things most of us couldn't even begin to imagine.

and i'm tired of it.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
not all of our fathers are like that.

most of them are loving, caring men who have lived a life of strife, war, and poverty. and they get zero love. maybe some respect but that's about it. they're hardly revered in our society and usually mocked openly by petty, privileged, and snobby somali girls on twitter who have never suffered a day in their lives.

#notallsomalidads

Clearly a lot of Somali fathers understand their responsibilities, hell my uncle is a single father........but unfortunately let's be real a lot of Somali fathers are absent especially in the diaspora (oddly enough it's not as common in somalia). You're not exactly going to get a nuanced view of Somali fathers from a girl whose witnessed her mother go through trauma, most likely on her own. And let's be real, in somali culture when a divorce occurs it the woman's fault (or due to her inadequacies) and she likely will have no support from the community. Somali fathers really do have it easy.....

Also last I checked Somali women were also killed and raped during the civil war.

Last edited:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
No she isn't, read her tweet again. She is implying males of today are mad they aren't getting the same kind of leeway that our aabos once had :siilaanyosmile:

I don't really disagree with her tbh, I mean how many threads do we have here berating us about not accepting polygamous marriages
or the ones demanding their future wife go part time or drop her job entirely to take care of a child

or the 78413.2.6232 posts complaining about western halimos and how y'all are just gonna fly back to somalia to get urself a non corrupt, non westernised fob wife who won't call you out on ur shit :ayaanswag:

You guys expect a door mat and someone who'll roll over at every say so you get mad when that isn't the case. Entitlement I say
u really gonna use this weird ass site as a barometer :mjlol:

which is why i said if you want to speak about your own father then do so. don't generalize because there's nuance in every single circumstance. and when the circumstances are as i laid them out to be you're going to run the risk of seeming insensitive to people who likely suffered more than you could ever imagine. preface your comments accurately or don't be shocked at the backlash.

i never said "her aabos" i said aabos everywhere. most of them have suffered what i listed above. that isn't debatable. the entitlement she's talking about is also a generalization. where's this new wave of young somali men that expect doormat wives? i have yet to encounter one with these extremists views in the west save for sspot.

you're making the same assumptions of her upbringing as anyone else, what i'm stipulating is her not throwing every man under that umbrella and using experience as some measuring stick for her views. it's tactless and inaccurate and it trivializes a whole group of men who have endured things most of us couldn't even begin to imagine.

and i'm tired of it.

Haaye we'll leave it be, no more generalisations #NotAllMen :comeon:

New wave of somali men kulaha you're one of them too! how are you gonna act like it's just extremism when you join in on the calacaal when another new asinine tweet from some halimo somewhere is made into a post :camby:

I'm tired too of you guys and you dumb expectations and calacaals and "this girls is a hoe" "oh no this girl is too loud" and this chick isnt modest at all and yadda yadda yadda into infinity and beyond :susp:

You can all f*ck off to somalia and find a nice PURE new wife nacala :susp:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Speaking of barometers my forecast for this thread was that it was going to finish at page three.
AJ out here on his phone flicking through the notifications and what not.
:browtf:

New wave of somali men kulaha you're one of them too! how are you gonna act like it's just extremism when you join in on the calacaal when another new asinine tweet from some halimo somewhere is made into a post :camby:

I'm tired too of you guys and you dumb expectations and calacaals and "this girls is a hoe" "oh no this girl is too loud" and this chick isnt modest at all and yadda yadda yadda into infinity and beyond :susp:

Lmao infinity and beyond I crack myself up :dead:

Leave me and my justified rage in peace! :mjlol:

also it isn't just contained to this site nacala

VixR

Veritas
Let me ask you again, do Somalis in the west in our generation treat each other the same way our parents did? Just a simple yes or no will suffice.

The truth is no. She's implying we do based on her personal experience of how her father treated her mother.

What exactly do you mean by that?

So you're now acknowledging the treatment of the parents towards each other as common, and yet at the same time claiming her experience was personal?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

#notallsomalidads

Clearly a lot of Somali fathers understand their responsibilities, hell my uncle is a single father........but unfortunately let's be real a lot of Somali fathers are absent especially in the diaspora (oddly enough it's not as common in somalia). You're not exactly going to get a nuanced view of Somali fathers from a girl whose witnessed her mother go through trauma, most likely on her own. And let's be real, in somali culture when a divorce occurs it the woman's fault (or her inadequacies) and most like will have no support from the community. Somali fathers really do have it easy..

Also last I checked Somali women were also killed and raped during the civil war.

probably not and maybe she's endured pain due to incredible neglect. but i know women who spout the same nonsense. i know their family structure well and i hear the same drivel. and like i iterated in many of posts already you have a right to express these views from your own perspective. that's valid and you can even draw upon the instances you've personally witnessed. but this is widespread neglect of a perspective most try to ignore. reality is hardly any of us in the west can comprehend what our parents have gone through. and you have people like dhegdheer wondering if we need to iterate these symptoms every time we try to express ourselves and the short answer is yes. yes you do. if you ignore an entire perspective and try to trivialize what people go through why on earth should anyone sympathize with you? you've committed the exact sin you're accusing others have. and most women here flat out don't suffer like this. they don't have that outlet.

some somali fathers are horrible fathers and neglect their families. i'll be damned if that's the majority. most of these women harp on about somali fathers being emotionally absent and financially strained and what more can you expect from men who suffer from widespread ptsd and never got help with it? somali mothers have the strength in this regard to keep it together and maintain that composure but they also have emotional releases and the ability to nurture one another. the men? just fadhi ku dhirir all day every day with limited outlets for pain. they suffer mostly in silence cause society told them to shut up about things.

and as for the bolded i kind of already mentioned that somali mothers shoulder that immeasurable pain as well so not sure what that has to do with anything.

now somali mothers have to shoulder this burden as well, but they're almost always congratulated as they should be.

what i'm saying is we seem to be sacrificing the dignity of the vast majority of somali fathers that try they best for the few that are neglectful fathers. feels like a new narrative where we openly respect our mothers as we should, and reject our fathers and their strife. tired of it. most of us have two parents at home both loving and trying their best.

we're trying not to understand them.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

excuse me? i hardly go on a tirade attacking somali girls. and i'm pretty sure i'm one of the few that openly call out the men for their blatant disrespect and expectations of a double standard.

peddle that with someone else. i try to be as fair as possible. :siilaanyosmile:

black

live and let die.
What exactly do you mean by that?

So you're now acknowledging the treatment of the parents towards each other as common, and yet at the same time claiming it was her personal experience ?

What if I told you I never disagreed with that in the first place????

Morpheus2.jpg

I'm saying her personal experience vastly skewed her their perception to the point where they're implying the new generation treat each other the same way when that's obviously not fucking true. You guys made it about her father.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Speaking of barometers my forecast for this thread was that it was going to finish at page three.
AJ out here on his phone flicking through the notifications and what not.
:browtf:
it took dozens of threads of random tweets with zero retweets, but he finally did it...his first plat thread in months :friendhug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending