So I just got done watching the new ITV documentary on ex muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents who disown their children just because they disbelieve are shitty parents srynotsry

This insistence to attribute exMuslim atheism to anything other than pure disbelief, but rather to "extraneous factors" is astounding.

:reallymaury:

It it really that hard?

No, I was not abused by anyone, nor have self-hate, nor was influenced to death by "The West", I just don't believe.

Don't buy it, Edo.

I honestly think Muslims prefer Munafiqeen, perhaps bc they're said to line the depths of hell to make it easier on everyone else:mjlol:

The self hate arguments gets me the most :ileycry: These people acting like religion is part of your DNA like ethnicity/race :deadosama:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I was at a restaurant when the hurricane hit Haiti and Florida and they were saying they do voodoo and God is punishing them. They were all pleased about the hurricane killing thousands.

Terrible. They were attacking Haitians the most who did nothing to Muslims. Terrible people.

Are we talking about Somalis lool? I don't believe it.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
We actually expect reverts to Islam to be disowned by their families. This is something normal. In fact, there's a story in the Qur'an about the Prophet Ibrahim (AS) rejecting the polytheistic religion of his people and as a result being disowned not only by his father, but his whole community. Apostasy is something very serious for Muslims, even though it may seem like a non-issue to you. You're not looking at things from other people's perspective.

What you're essentially asking is: "why do Muslims take apostasy so seriously?" What do you expect? That we too view apostasy as a non-issue like atheists do?

Apostasy is a non issue for me, the apostate who'll be killed in a Muslim country whilst being disowned by his community, family and friends? Apostasy is the highlight of everything that is wrong with allowing ancient laws to interfere with human life.

My mother can reject me but it's not idiotic of me to expose the intolerance that I've experienced. I've made an analogy earlier. If a white man disowned his daughter because she married a black man, he's a racist but a Muslim parent is not bigoted for rejecting their children because they rejected the indoctrination?

I was at a restaurant when the hurricane hit Haiti and Florida and they were saying they do voodoo and God is punishing them. They were all pleased about the hurricane killing thousands.

Terrible. They were attacking Haitians the most who did nothing to Muslims. Terrible people.
That's horrible! Unfortunately this sort of view is widespread and I've observed it in a lot of Somalis. It actually makes people think when you ask them to explain why this also happens in Muslim countries, if it's God's punishment on 'infidels'. Also I don't know where you live, but the regulars of the Somali restaurants in where I live are khat addicts or former khat addicts who often aren't a good example of the typical Somali.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
Imagine being disowned and rejected because you don't support your parents favorite football team? :siilaanyolaugh:

The absurdity is real:ohlord:

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
What Hoyo thinks isn't my problem, my problem is if she makes unsanctioned moves like try and kill me (which she threatened me with when she whiffed a hint of atheism). If she kicks me out, I'll leave and find help elsewhere. It's her loss not mine.
your 21 and your acting like a child and she not gon kill you :comeon:

I answered my point as an individual, atheism doesn't not serve any purpose but describe my lack of belief in any gods. You've rejected my analogy but acted immature by implying shit like "you got me but I won't accept because I'm a Muslim, give me another." You live in the west therefore what Islam says means nothing. If your religion teaches mothers to discard their children, your religion is EVIL.
no, maybe you should respect your mom a bit more.. stop being so edgy like calm down

It's always Pakis and Desis culture representing Muslims in Britain I swear we Somalis don't do honour killings.

Not true. Somalis do honour killings.

A mother poisoned her son and his boyfriend in the West.

A Somali took his son to Somalia to shoot him dead.

Somalis are just much smaller than the Desi population so you don't see or hear much

I answered my point as an individual, atheism doesn't not serve any purpose but describe my lack of belief in any gods. You've rejected my analogy but acted immature by implying shit like "you got me but I won't accept because I'm a Muslim, give me another." You live in the west therefore what Islam says means nothing. If your religion teaches mothers to discard their children, your religion is EVIL.

You do answer as an atheist. You have an aggressive atheist mindset which dictates how you respond, whether you choose to acknowledge that or not is a different matter. I answered your question - your analogy wouldn't apply to a Muslim. So please, try and think of another analogy so we can move on from this.

I live in the West - but Islamic principles still are very much a part of my everyday life. Why does that upset you? I don't really give a crap about what you think of my religion.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
1473346277788.gif

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
your 21 and your acting like a child and she not gon kill you :comeon:

no, maybe you should respect your mom a bit more.. stop being so edgy

I did respect my mum but she refused to acknowledge my individuality.

Yeah, because being 21 makes you immune to mortal blows. There are tons of cases of people being killed for their beliefs.

Apostasy is a non issue for me, the apostate who'll be killed in a Muslim country whilst being disowned by his community, family and friends? Apostasy is the highlight of everything that is wrong with allowing ancient laws to interfere with human life.

My mother can reject me but it's not idiotic of me to expose the intolerance that I've experienced. I've made an analogy earlier. If a white man disowned his daughter because she married a black man, he's a racist but a Muslim parent is not bigoted for rejecting their children because they rejected the indoctrination?
For you it's intolerance, for them it's the least they can do. Who's to say that atheists have a monopoly on what's morally right? Don't get into a debate about objective morality with me, just don't lmao.

Imagine being disowned and rejected because you don't support your parents favorite football team? :siilaanyolaugh:

The absurdity is real:ohlord:
This is the main issue here. You lot see adhering to a religion something that's akin to supporting a football team, but we see it as something bigger than life itself.

Who's to decide what is and isn't shitty behavior? You and other ex Muslims?!?:drakewtf:

Is it not shitty behavior for your parents to have supported and provided for you for 18 + years only for you to turn around and reject everything they stand for?:stopit:

You don't even see how much of a hypocrite you are. I'm done with this convo. :ohlord:

It's my opinion, I'm a person, you have yours and I have mine.

Nobody starts by sitting down and thinking 'my parents have provided for me' when they start questioning their existence. Those are two different things anyway. Rejecting Islam and coming out to your parents.

I'm not a hypcrite, but you can keep saying that if you want.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You do answer as an atheist. You have an aggressive atheist mindset which dictates how you respond, whether you choose to acknowledge that or not is a different matter. I answered your question - your analogy wouldn't apply to a Muslim. So please, try and think of another analogy so we can move on from this.

I live in the West - but Islamic principles still are very much a part of my everyday life. Why does that upset you? I don't really give a crap about what you think of my religion.

Clearly, you're too dense to acknowledge actual arguments without changing the goal posts to where you you wish it to go.

I'm not going to bother with you.

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
I did respect my mum but she refused to acknowledge my individuality.

Yeah, because being 21 makes you immune to mortal blows. There are tons of cases of people being killed for their beliefs.
what do you mean by "refuse to acknowlege my individuality"

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Quick question, do y'all remember what it feels like to be a devout Muslim?

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
As an ex-Muslim myself, I didn’t really like the documentary that much. They could have done better, they’re more people out there that are open and are in the right mind of state. I’m not saying they should’ve not included those who had difficulties.

The better question should be why are atheist obsessed with religion?
C:\Users\ahmedm20\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Because they’re Atheists, lol. Majority of the people in world are religious and non-religious people are in the extreme minority. If you believe in freedom on the scales from Liberalism to Libertarianism or Scientific progress, what are the main things that stand before it? Cultures based on superstation and religion. Or maybe, they just have an interest in religion

@sinister The documentary was skewed for obvious reasons and there is a war against Islam. Lets not deny this.

I agree with the imam in the docu - they are free to leave and shouldn't be discriminated against or harrassed but they should not expect the muslim community to accept them.

A war against Islam? The main person who produced this was a Muslim. What about the war on ex-Muslims from radicals? What do you think the people who left Islam are suppose to do, when people want hang some us? Just say whatever?

I agree that ex-Muslims shouldn’t expect that their families will still accept them. Both sides are going to feel bad and get emotionally hurt. Like some said above: Aren’t the parents going to be hurt by them leaving Islam? Yes. So is the ex-Muslim who’s now going to lose his/her family. It’s hard for both of them, since they had a family bond for so long.

Also this stupid retarded idea (I don’t know why I’m addressing it) that were brainwashed by whitey and the west, lol. Can’t I flip that script and say that you were brainwashed with Islam since birth or your ancestors for accepting it? Of course it’s retarded statement and one that is completely subjective.

There stupid people on both sides. If you’re an ex-Muslim youngster, stay in the closet until you’re financially independent. You should know by now that most ex-Muslims are disowned when they come out or caught, so prepare for a nasty and most likely a hurtful outcome.

For Muslims, we do exist and we are growing, so get use it. If you’re okay with it based on freedom, cool. But don’t act like only ISIS is the only ones that want to kill apostates when millions of Muslims around the world believe so – according to Pew Research data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending