So I just got done watching the new ITV documentary on ex muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually expect reverts to Islam to be disowned by their families. This is something normal. In fact, there's a story in the Qur'an about the Prophet Ibrahim (AS) rejecting the polytheistic religion of his people and as a result being disowned not only by his father, but his whole community. Apostasy is something very serious for Muslims, even though it may seem like a non-issue to you. You're not looking at things from other people's perspective.

What you're essentially asking is: "why do Muslims take apostasy so seriously"?

I have countless times heard convert Muslims in the masjid literally crying about being treated badly by their family. Some gave very emotional speeches about it. Nobody wants the family they love to disown them. Point blank. Thtat's the reality. People can reject beliefs without rejecting their family, they don't have to disown, that's a choice.

That's what I get for trying to be rational and civil. You're being highly immature. If you're not going to debate rationally and with decency instead of imposing rules that benefit your point of view, don't bother replying. I'm not a keyboard warrior who makes threats like "What are you gonna do?"

When you can't play the game, change the rules.

I'm a Muslim and I gave you an answer based on my faith. Not sure how that makes me "highly immature." I gave you a chance to come up with another analogy.

You're given your answers as an atheist and I'm not allowed to answer from my viewpoint as a Muslim?

N

NaomiHoney

Instead of giving them a chance to prove they are better or worse human beings, why not cut them of completely because youre a pussy. Flawless!

It's hard for parents to accept what they cannot fathom.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Why if you wouldn't reject your own child do you feel comfortable laughing at the predicament of those who are disowned?

I already said what I think is harmful and why. Nobody is disregarding that for some Muslims parents it is emotionally troubling. This goes without saying. The issue I have is with the behavior afterwards. I do not think it is in eithert their interest or that of the Muslim community, or the ExMuslim that that should happen. Likewise, I have never seen an exmuslims parents be comforted by the disownment of their family member, and as such, most eventually reach out at some point.

Nobody has to disregard the emotionally wellbeing of either side. But ExMuslims do not owe their parents or anyone a fake life.

I'm laughing at you new age ex Muslims who think they deserve anything from their families after disbelieving. Life isn't easy and it doesn't owe you anything. After the age of 18, your parents don't owe you anything and any support they do provide you (whether it be emotional, financial, physical or otherwise) is charitable and out of the goodness of their heart. If they wish to withdraw this support they have the right to do so. I can't believe we're even discussing this. You have a very selfish and self-centered point of view.

If you want to have a sincere discussion, it's best that you cease with belittlement. You continue to disregard the impact of children announcing their apostasy has on their parents. You say some Muslim parents find it emotionally troubling as if it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Well, in that case, I guess it's fair to say only some ex Muslims become harmed by their families rejection so why are you guys even complaining?:drakewtf:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
ayy idgaf if your an atheist :ohno:
but what you should know is hoyoo doesn't care bout that tolerant shit nigga.. that only works if your white.

What Hoyo thinks isn't my problem, my problem is if she makes unsanctioned moves like try and kill me (which she threatened me with when she whiffed a hint of atheism). If she kicks me out, I'll leave and find help elsewhere. It's her loss not mine.

I believe the Somali community is better in this respect. A few years ago I started to casually share the fact that I'm an atheist with people. I realised many Somalis could care less. I even shared it with a few very religious individuals and all that's happened was we ended up having debates. It was all good fun. But this doesn't mean there aren't a few individuals who are the exception rather than the rule. I've since become a lot more private and this experience actually made a lot more tolerant of religious views.

I was at a restaurant when the hurricane hit Haiti and Florida and they were saying they do voodoo and God is punishing them. They were all pleased about the hurricane killing thousands.

Terrible. They were attacking Haitians the most who did nothing to Muslims. Terrible people.

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
Your typical Muslim parent (not mine, mine are great) doesnt love their child as much as those from other faiths. They pop many children. Muslim parents tend to be bad mothers and bad fathers. If their child isn't a high school drop out, they turn out to be Salafis, criminals, terrorists who go abroad to fight or whiners who constantly whine about how much they hate the West but beg to live in the West

But I don't know why the atheists are begging their families. What reaction did you expect from coming out? Muslims come from poor uneducated countries that they destroyed. They have little brains. They don't feel any pain if they personally killed a little Christian or Yazidi baby. They feel happy. Many Muslims have mental problems. They enjoy clan wars with their reer abtis. Muslims have no heart for innocent people killed so don't expect a hug. Parents who love their children no matter what are atheist, agnostic, Christian, Jew, Buddhist and everyone else. They will never cut ties with their child.
5257272-5036852390-smh.g.gif

They killed a little kid for posting "I see God in the flowers, you see him in the graveyards" Tollow dadkaan maxaa naxariista ka saarey?

It's hard for parents to accept what they cannot fathom.
I totally get that part. But you'd expect the younger generation would have more of a grip. They're essentially the same. Which proves blatant taqleed of parents is not viable for growth. Sometimes you have to challenge norms

I'm laughing at you new age ex Muslims who think they deserve anything from their families after disbelieving. Life isn't easy and it doesn't owe you anything. After the age of 18, your parents don't owe you anything and any support they do provide you (whether it be emotional, financial, physical or otherwise) is charitable and out of the goodness of their heart. If they wish to withdraw this support they have the right to do so. I can't believe we're even discussing this. You have a very selfish and self-centered point of view.

If you want to have a sincere discussion, it's best that you cease with belittlement. You continue to disregard the impact of children announcing their apostasy has on their parents. You say some Muslim parents find it emotional troubling as if it's a meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Well, in that case, I guess it's far to say only some ex Muslims become harmed by their families rejection so why are you guys even complaining?:drakewtf:

I wrote yesterday that ExMuslims shouldn't worry too much about their family rejecting them. Nobody expects anything or wants anything. People are calling out shitty behaviour and telling their experiences, that's all. It seems you lot simply want exmuslims to never ever say what they think or what their experiences are. Too bad you don't have control over our expression.

I know of a convert couple who were none too bothered about their daughter leaving Islam. Likewise, I know of some several people who laughed at the things their parents were saying to them when they were being kicked out, and got on with life. People are different and have different experiences.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I'm a Muslim and I gave you an answer based on my faith. Not sure how that makes me "highly immature." I gave you a chance to come up with another analogy.

You're given your answers as an atheist and I'm not allowed to answer from my viewpoint as a Muslim?

I answered my point as an individual, atheism doesn't not serve any purpose but describe my lack of belief in any gods. You've rejected my analogy but acted immature by implying shit like "you got me but I won't accept because I'm a Muslim, give me another." You live in the west therefore what Islam says means nothing. If your religion teaches mothers to discard their children, your religion is EVIL.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I wrote yesterday that ExMuslims shouldn't worry too much about their family rejecting them. Nobody expects anything or wants anything. People are calling out shitty behaviour and telling their experiences, that's all. It seems you lot simply want exmuslims to never ever say what they think or what they're experiences are. Too bad you don't have control over out expression.

I know of a convert couple who were none too bothered about their daughter leaving Islam. Likewise, I know of some several people who laughed at the things their parents were saying to them when they were being kicked out, and got on with life. People are different and have different experiences.

Who's to decide what is and isn't shitty behavior? You and other ex Muslims?!?:drakewtf:

Is it not shitty behavior for your parents to have supported and provided for you for 18 + years only for you to turn around and reject everything they stand for?:stopit:

You don't even see how much of a hypocrite you are. I'm done with this convo. :ohlord:

They attack Haiti hurricane victims and are happy to see them suffer but cry and scream about their casualties and beg the kaafir to help them with food and medical supplies and beg to live in their Western countries to flee their misery because Gulf Nations don't let them live with them.

Terrible people. I see right through them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts