So I just got done watching the new ITV documentary on ex muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I noticed. Why are these bengalis so fanatic, they completely dwarf us with their conservatism. That story about the scientist being killed infront of his wife simply for advocating science had to be the most disheartening part

I don't understand why the muslim community is so obsessed with atheists. Why exactly a person's beliefs should have any bearing on your life is beyond me. I guess they never heard of the phrase live and let live

The uplifting part that ive taken from it though is the sheer number of us. Just think about all the future generation and how they won't have to deal with the fear of ostracism, for expressing their own opinions. I truly believe being non religious in muslim countries will be normal in a matter of a generation.

RIP Raza

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it too, I was surprised with the high number of Desi fobs on that program, they all seemed lost.
May Allah guide them

I watched it too, I was surprised with the high number of Desi fobs on that program, they all seemed lost.
May Allah guide them
Have you considered maybe people can have differences of belief? That islam is not the only way, for them atleast?

The better question should be why are atheist obsessed with religion?:kanyeshrug:

Did you watch the documentary?
It was largely people advocating for their freedom to leave religion without being abused because of it. They were detailing their experiences with having to keep quiet, of being violently abused for saying they are atheists, for being traumatized through being ostracised by their community. They pretty much didn't bring up religion except in passing. They were largely advocating for civil/human rights and the freedom to choose. The maker of the docu is a Muslim. This was more about the Muslim communities behavior towards those who leave Islam rather than religion itself.

The better question should be why are atheist obsessed with religion?:kanyeshrug:
Isn't the connection between the two obvious? Literally all we want is to get on with our lives without our muslim families disowning us at best, or straight up killing at worst. An all encompassing totalitarian ideology like islam, apostasy is akin to treason So you can see why some ex muslims are rightfully critical of such an ideology

The fact that that writer can't even write Ex Muslim without putting it in quotation marks speaks volumes. At it's core, people leave Islam because they don't believe it is true. Just like people enter into Islam because they believe it is true. When you deliberately and willing tie up people leaving Islam with 'the war on terror' 'white supremacism' and 'people not being comfortable in their own skin', you do a disservice to people who have formulated their own opinions through their own research. But it sure does explain the whole 'traitor' label people put on Ex Muslims.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
It was very sad especially the girl with the glasses crying. That made me sadder than the physical abuse.

@sinister The documentary was skewed for obvious reasons and there is a war against Islam. Lets not deny this.

I agree with the imam in the docu - they are free to leave and shouldn't be discriminated against or harrassed but they should not expect the muslim community to accept them.

@sinister The documentary was skewed for obvious reasons and there is a war against Islam. Lets not deny this.

I agree with the imam in the docu - they are free to leave and shouldn't be discriminated against or harrassed but they should not expect the muslim community to accept them.

How was the documentary skewed and part of a war against Islam? Are you saying the Muslim documentarian who made it is somekind of Islamophobe? What specifically?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Isn't the connection between the two obvious? Literally all we want is to get on with our lives without our muslim families disowning us at best, or straight up killing at worst. An all encompassing totalitarian ideology like islam, apostasy is akin to treason So you can see why some ex muslims are rightfully critical of such an ideology

You have the right to live your life as you please but you don't have the right to dictate how people respond to your life choices. So as long as they're not breaking the law, your family has every right to cut ties with you. It's pretty selfish of you to think you can do as you please without considering your parent's/family's feelings and that they are somehow obliged to accept this and to continue to accept your presence in their lives. No siree!

It was very sad especially the girl with the glasses crying. That made me sadder than the physical abuse.
She tried putting on her brave face. But you can tell all she wants is to be accepted by her family. Just wanted to give her the biggest hug

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
She tried putting on her brave face. But you can tell all she wants is to be accepted by her family. Just wanted to give her the biggest hug

You reject everything your family believes and stands for but you want them to accept this and furthermore to give you a hug? :mjlol::mjlol::pachah1:

You have the right to live your life as you please but you don't have the right to dictate how people respond to your life choices. So as long as they're not breaking the law, your family has every right to cut ties with you. It's pretty selfish of you to think you can do as you please without considering your parent's/family's feelings and that they are somehow obliged to accept this and to continue to accept your presence in their lives. No siree!
I'm sure you are the type would prefer a drinking, gambler who prays Eid than a respectful atheist who helps the community and the people around them. Your opinion is irrelevant to me and i feel sorry if you had any kids of your own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts