So I just got done watching the new ITV documentary on ex muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
You don't disown your child except to cause them harm. It is simply not the same.

You're not making sense. Do they reject their ex Muslim child because they reject their beliefs or do they reject them just to cause them harm or difficulty?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I honestly think if you were born white - you would be one of the Crusaders who tried to blow up Somalis in Kansas. You're vile and disgusting. Now ii dhaaf,

Are you accusing me of being a hateful scum who would happily murder innocent human beings over religion dogma? I'm an atheist and therefore I don't accept the actions of evil men who do evil things in the name of evil religious beliefs. I believe in the human dignity of every human being but I don't believe ideologies get the same hospitality.

You're not making sense. Do they reject their ex Muslim child because they reject their beliefs or do they reject them just to cause them harm or difficulty?

You can reject someones beliefs without rejecting them as a person. My parents managed to do this without too much trouble.

When you go out of your way to kick someone out of your house, telling someone who loves you and whom you love that you disown them, and telling them 'never speak to me again', this is to cause harm. This is the type of rejection we are talking about.

Muslim parents rejecting their exmuslim families beliefs is not even worth talking about.

Duchess

VIP
Pick a fucking side retard. You are all over the place. On one had you morally object to disowning your child but then defend people who do in an effort to seem objective. The cognitive dissonance is real

And I don't want apostates to be treated any better or any worse for that matter. Simply that you fucking learn how to be a decent human being and not guillt trip them for thinking differently than you

I'm sure it was incredibly difficult for you growing up in that backwards Arab country where differences in opinion are not tolerated, but I live in the free world so allow me to school your savage ass for a sec. I never said I morally objected to anything. I said that I, as in myself ( The Duchess), wouldn't reject or disown my child but that does not mean I believe everyone has to make the same choice as me. I afford others the same rights that I enjoy. Those parents are well within their legal rights to reject and disown their adult children. In fact, I believe that reaction is only natural.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You lot get upset that we call out Muslim parents for their intolerance but then get angry because we did not accept their right to be intolerant? One can be intolerant but one cannot demand to be respected for it.

It's the same principle but different scenario. Muslims are upset at our decisions and therefore will take harsh actions to reinforce their beliefs. This is the same as a racist father kicking out his daughter because he believes blacks are "inferior."

No, it's not the same. In Islam, that racist father would be sinful (IF he rejected on that basis alone) but a parent can disown their child if they no longer want to submit to Allah swt. It's not sinful.

Duchess

VIP
You can reject someones beliefs without rejecting them as a person. My parents managed to do this without too much trouble.

When you go out of your way to kick someone out of your house, telling someone who loves you and whom you love that you disown them, and telling them 'never speak to me again', this is to cause harm. This is the type of rejection we are talking about.

Muslim parents rejecting their exmuslim families beliefs is not even worth talking about.

How can you reject someone's beliefs without rejecting the person when your presence serves as a constant reminder of your beliefs?

You are clearly unable to see this from unbiased pov. You continue to ignore, disregard or belittle the emotional and psychological impact ex Muslims coming out has on their families. When something causes us emotional or psychological distress, we try to bury it so parents cutting off their kids and never speaking to them again is not intended to cause ex Muslims harm but is a coping mechanism for the parents. After the age of 18, your parents have no legal obligation to look after you so if you come out of the closet as transracial, ex Muslim or anything else that is not in line with their own beliefs then they have every right to kick you out and cut you off financially.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
No, it's not the same. In Islam, that racist father would be sinful (IF he rejected on that basis alone) but a parent can disown their child if they no longer want to submit to Allah swt. It's not sinful.

Who on Earth was talking about sinfulness?! I'm an atheist and so I don't care about all that religious nonsense.

A parent who rejects a child because of the race of their partners are labelled as racists but a parent who rejects a child based on their rejection of religious dogma are somehow not bigots. It's the same thing.

I'm sure it was incredibly difficult for you growing up in that backwards Arab country where differences in opinion are not tolerated, but I live in the free world so allow me to school your savage ass for a sec
:drakelaugh::susp:
I love how you assume you know jack about me. Qaxooti ass american, my father raised an entire family without cashing a single welfare check

I never said I morally objected to anything. I said that I, as in myself ( The Duchess), wouldn't reject or disown my child but that does not mean I believe everyone has to make the same choice as me. I afford others the same rights that I enjoy. Those parents are well within their legal rights to reject and disown their adult children. In fact, I believe that reaction is only natural.

Flip flopper whats the point of arguing with you. Your too coward to even stick to a position :lolbron:

Who on Earth was talking about sinfulness?! I'm an atheist and so I don't care about all that religious nonsense.

A parent who rejects a child because of the race of their partners are labelled as racists but a parent who rejects a child based on their rejection of religious dogma are somehow not bigots. It's the same thing.

Well I care, obviously. Your analogy doesn't apply to a Muslim. Try another one.

It's the one and the same to you but not to us. That's perfectly acceptable.

Duchess

VIP
:drakelaugh::susp:
I love how you assume you know jack about me. Qaxooti ass american, my father raised an entire family without cashing a single welfare check

Flip flopper whats the point of arguing with you. Your too coward to even stick to a position :lolbron:

Nice try, but I'm not a qaxooti and I live in Canada but I know you've only been in the west for a few years and spent a substantial amount of time in Arabia. It's obvious from how you carry yourself that you were molested in one of those gender segregated boarding schools and, even after 5+ years in Europe, you're unable to let go of your backwards, unwestern, anti freedom point of view. Being an ex Muslim doesn't change the fact that you're an uncivilized ahlu-naar c*nt.

How can you reject someone's beliefs without rejecting the person when your presence serves as a constant reminder of your beliefs?

You are clearly unable to see this from unbiased pov. You continue to ignore, disregard or belittle the emotional and psychological impact ex Muslims coming out has on their families. When something causes us emotional or psychological distress, we try to bury it so parents cutting off their kids and never speaking to them again is not intended to cause ex Muslims harm but is a coping mechanism for the parents. After the age of 18, your parents have no legal obligation to look after you so if you come out of the closet as transracial, ex Muslim or anything else that is not in line with their own beliefs then they have every right to kick you out and cut you off financially.

You are projecting. It is as unacceptable and nonsensical to me that a non Muslim family disowns their Muslim convert relative as it is for Muslim family to reject their exMuslim family member. I am not biased, you are.

Ultimately, it is the choice of the family, but I believe that families should be encouraged to stay together.

Naturally that doesn't mean nobody will call out bigoted and harmful behvior. Muslims will just have to get over it. ExMuslims will tell their experiences and be upset when their family disowns them.

Iran I understand, I blame Isis for this fuckry! I'm not the greatest Muslim in the world but this is seriously messed up.
People killing themselves because they left Islam?

Where is Ayan Hirsi Ali or Mona Walter?
They would've put Somalis on the map.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Well I care, obviously. Your analogy doesn't apply to a Muslim. Try another one.

It's the one and the same to you but not to us. That's perfectly acceptable.

I'm sorry but you cannot impose rules on me that only benefit your point. In Islam it is completely justifiable to kill an apostate. Do you think that's acceptable?

I provided an analogy that fits the situation perfectly but you're hiding behind your religion. You cannot impose your own guidelines as to what is acceptable.

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
That's some cadaan people shit :camby:
If you think that your parents should be perfectly okay that your a kafir... you have a warped sense of reality.
Also why do atheists, homosexuals and shit think its a good idea to come out.. like you know its not gon go well smh. And then start sperging out why muslims are intolerant and shit. :childplease:

VixR

Veritas
This insistence to attribute exMuslim atheism to anything other than pure disbelief, but rather to "extraneous factors" is astounding.

:reallymaury:

It it really that hard?

No, I was not abused by anyone, nor have self-hate, nor was influenced to death by "The West", I just don't believe.

Don't buy it, Edo.

I honestly think Muslims prefer Munafiqeen, perhaps bc they're said to line the depths of hell to make it easier on everyone else:mjlol:

Nice try, but I'm not a qaxooti and I live in Canada but I know you've only been in the west for a few years and spent a substantial amount of time in Arabia. It's obvious from how you carry yourself that you were molested in one of those gender segregated boarding schools and, even after 5+ years in Europe, you're unable to let go of your backwards, unwestern, anti freedom point of view. Being an ex Muslim doesn't change the fact that you're an uncivilized ahlu-naar c*nt.
A canuck qaxootiad. Major step up :ftw9nwa: And stop projecting your childhood traumas on me. Im sure there are liscenced professionals who can help you with that. I don't know if food stamps is an accepted payment tho :rolleyes:

I love the west. Its been nothing but good to me, shame it turned you so sour :umad:

Duchess

VIP
You are projecting. It is as unacceptable and nonsensical to me that a non Muslim family disowns their Muslim convert relative as it is for Muslim family to reject their exMuslim family member. I am not biased, you are.

Ultimately, it is the choice of the family, but I believe that families should be encouraged to stay together.

Naturally that doesn't mean nobody will call out bigoted and harmful behvior. Muslims will just have to get over it. ExMuslims will tell their experiences and be upset when their family disowns them.

How am I biased when I've said that I wouldn't reject my own child?

Again, who decides what is harmful? Who's to say your rejection of your parents faith is not more harmful than their rejection of YOU. Your desire to come out of the closet is just as natural as a parents rejection so who's to judge? Why is an ex Muslims emotional distress more important than that of their parents?

These are all questions you are either unwilling or unable to answer. You want everyone to sympathize with ex Muslim but where's the sympathy for their parents? Why do ex Muslims get a monopoly on emotional and psychological support? Can we think of their parents/family for once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending