So I just got done watching the new ITV documentary on ex muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I'm sure you are the type would prefer a drinking, gambler who prays Eid than a respectful atheist who helps the community and the people around them. Your opinion is irrelevant to me and i feel sorry if you had any kids of your own

You're not a man but a he- who deserves to be rejected and outcasted by his family. Now go run off and cry in a corner with your fellow emotional basket cases about why your parents don't love you. :ileycry:

You reject everything your family believes and stands for but you want them to accept this and furthermore to give you a hug? :mjlol::mjlol::pachah1:
Everything they believe in? Thats the problem with Islam it makes you choose a book over your own flesh and blood. Im sorry but thats a cult, not a religion :kanyeshrug:

And i wanted to give her the hug, not the shitty family who didnt deserve her

You're not a man but a he- who deserves to be rejected and outcasted by his family. Now go run off and cry in a corner with your fellow emotional basket cases about why your parents don't love you. :ileycry:
Be grumpy somewhere else you hag

Duchess

VIP
Everybody has a right to be upset if the family they love disown them. What is your issue?

There is no issue, it's you guys who make it an issue and I dislike the hypocrisy. You think it's okay for you to reject everything your family believes in, but it's somehow not okay for them to react adversely to your rejection?:umwhat: It's not okay for them to reject you? Why the hell not?:what1:

Duchess

VIP
Everything they believe in? Thats the problem with Islam it makes you choose a book over your own flesh and blood. Im sorry but thats a cult, not a religion :kanyeshrug:

I have the right to choose what I wish so as long as it's within the bounds of the law. You're a c*nt who trolls online insulting your parents deeply held beliefs so I'd say their rejection is well deserved.

Be grumpy somewhere else you hag

If your momma and daddy don't love you, you should go sort that shit out with a therapist not cry on a random forum about your family issues.

There is no issue, it's you guys who make it an issue and I dislike the hypocrisy. You think it's okay for you to reject everything your family believes in, but it's somehow not okay for them to react adversely to your rejection?:umwhat: It's not okay for them to reject you? Why the hell not?:what1:

There is no hypcrisy from the exmuslim side. Those who accept Islam don't want to be ostracized by their family, and the same is true for those who leave.

You shouldn't reject your family member who loves you when they have not abused you physically or financially, when they have not asked you to reject your religion and simply want to state what they think about the world. This is cruel behavior that serves no real purpose except trying to guilt trip people into living as munafiqeen or an inauthentic life. This policy is as detrimental to the Muslim community as it is the exmuslim community. It is especially sad as many parents willingly admit they don't want to disown their child but do it out fear of how they will be perceived.

With that said, to all you youngers out there. When you do come out of the closet, at least 50% of you will be accepted by your family again within a few years. Make sure you are financially stable before you take the plunge and no longer live at home. Also, you should think of your family as having passed, and concentrate on your friends and the families you make by choice.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

The parents have every right to reject their children but you must understand that there will be consequences to that action. Every action has a reaction (which you seem to point out) and this is no different. Ex Muslims have every right to react the way they do and call out their parents and community for their terrible behaviour.

I have the right to choose what I wish so as long as it's within the bounds of the law. You're a c*nt who trolls online insulting your parents deeply held beliefs so I'd say their rejection is well deserved..
Softbooty muslim always whining about insulting their beliefys. Sure you have a right to be a shitty parent. I hope all your kids turn atheist on you, that if you even find a man who is willing to copulate with such an ugly person

If your momma and daddy don't love you, you should go sort that shit out with a therapist not cry on a random forum about your family issues
:chrisfreshhah:
I have a very supportive mother and father who I wouldn't trade for anything. Maybe psychoanalysing isnt your thing, Nice try tho

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP

If an atheist leaves Islam they cant expect the same treatment and acceptance when they were a believer and of course the parents gonna react when something so close and dear to them gets rejected by their own kid

Duchess

VIP
There is no hypcrisy from the exmuslim side. Those who accept Islam don't want to be ostracized by their family, and the same is true for those who leave.

You shouldn't reject your family member who loves you when they have not abused you physically or financially, when they have not asked you to reject your religion and simply want to state what they think about the world. This is cruel behavior that serves no real purpose except trying to guilt trip people into living as munafiqeen or an inauthentic life. This policy is as detrimental to the Muslim community as it is the exmuslim community. It is especially sad as many parents willingly admit they don't want to disown their child but do it out fear of how they will be perceived.

With that said, to all you youngers out there. When you do come out of the closet, at least 50% of you will be accepted by your family again within a few years. Make sure you are financially stable before you take the plunge and no longer live at home. Also, you should think of your family as having passed, and concentrate on your friends and the families you make by choice.

You say there is no hypocrisy because YOU happen to be an ex Muslim and are only willing to see this from one perspective. You say we "shouldn't reject your family member who loves you when they have not abused you physically or financially", but you're not factoring the emotional or psychological impact your rejection of Islam has on your parents and, to be honest, you probably don't care! You're only focused on the emotional and psychological impact of their rejection on YOU. It's selfish and hypocritical. Go leave the religion if you wish, tell your family if you wish, but don't think they owe you anything especially not acceptance of any kind. They don't owe you anything.

If an atheist leaves Islam they cant expect the same treatment and acceptance when they were a believer and of course the parents gonna react when something so close and dear to them gets rejected by their own kid
So in other words a cult innit :cosbyhmm:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

So are you telling me minors (which many are) should be thrown onto the streets because their parents are too bigoted to accept their decisions? Parents can reject who they want but they will be called out for their bad parenting. Every action has a reaction and you're a terrible parent if you cannot accept their beliefs and throw them out.

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
7LhGytF.png

You say there is no hypocrisy because YOU happen to be an ex Muslim and are only willing to see this from one perspective. You say we "shouldn't reject your family member who loves you when they have not abused you physically or financially", but you're not factoring the emotional or psychological impact your rejection of Islam has on your parents and, to be honest, you probably don't care! You're only focused on the emotional and psychological impact of their rejection on YOU. It's selfish and hypcorjtical. Go leave the religion if you wish, tell your family if you wish, but don't think they owe you anything especially not acceptance of any kind.

A lot of what you have said is completely untrue. There are many exmuslims who avoid telling their parents due to their fear of how it will emotionally impact them, if you go onto some exmuslim forums you will find plenty of people who say this. I have a friend who wanted to tell his parents, was very close to doing so, but backed out after his father became ill. This is a usual occurence.

Exmuslims saying they are exmuslims does not inherently hurt anyone. Parents have a choice about how they react. Nobody has a choice about what they believe.

Duchess

VIP
The parents have every right to reject their children but you must understand that there will be consequences to that action. Every action has a reaction (which you seem to point out) and this is no different. Ex Muslims have every right to react the way they do and call out their parents and community for their terrible behaviour.

I'm sorry but when did it become illegal? The fact that you're complaining about another individuals choice is weak and furthers the stereotype of ex Muslims being an emotional bunch. When you make any radical life choices you should be prepared for difficulty. If you can't handle a little resistance, you're not cut out for life. This new generation of ex Muslims expect to have an emotional security blanket provided to them along with their kafirnimo. Y'all are weak af. :susp:

Softbooty muslim always whining about insulting their beliefys. Sure you have a right to be a shitty parent. I hope all your kids turn atheist on you, that if you even find a man who is willing to copulate with such an ugly person

:chrisfreshhah:
I have a very supportive mother and father who I wouldn't trade for anything. Maybe psychoanalysing isnt your thing, Nice try tho

:mjlol::mjlol:

Typical emotional ex-Muslim. Let me guess, you were molested by a group of Arabs before your family got a humanitarian visa to the backwater European country you're typing from?:russ:

Duchess

VIP
A lot of what you have said is completely untrue. There are many exmuslims who avoid telling their parents due to their fear of how it will emotionally impact them, if you go onto some exmuslim forums you will find plenty of people who say this. I have a friend who wanted to tell his parents, was very close to doing so, but backed out after his father became ill. This is a usual occurence.

Exmuslims saying they are exmuslims does not inherently hurt anyone. Parents have a choice about how they react. Nobody has a choice about what they believe.

How would you know what the emotional or psychological impact of a child rejecting their deeply religious parents beliefs is? At this point, you're jumping through hoops to make excuses for your kind and doing a horrible job of it.

“Some of these *public* “ex-Muslims” are happy to be used as pawns by the establishment to demonise Islam.

Most I’ve seen publicly can’t get over that they had crap parents and are holding us all to account for them. Not my fault that you and your parents never understood Islam and/or that they used the name of the faith to justify beating the crap out of you.

Also, why is there a surprise that communities that define themselves by their faith won’t accept someone that is no longer of their faith?

Why do we HAVE to accept you?

No one is saying you should get your head kicked in*, but I don’t understand why they really want to be accepted by a community they voluntarily left?

They’re like an “ex” that won’t go away. We’ve moved on. Stop calling us.”

~ Raza Nadim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts