Short-term Marriage in Somalia: Ethical question about marriage, sex, zina, and savagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
You love every human that carries the Y chromosome, be honest :umad:
Women are just as lecherous and horny as men, they're just better at hiding it. At the end of the day you like to flip-flop between this man-hating feminist character of yours and someone who doesn't, you know, hate men for all they're worth :what1:
I like to practice a little trolling when I'm bored my dear, I love men they just cannot satisfy my curiosity, majority are sexually repressed teenagers. Sex is biologically ingrained in all humans so of course women crave Sex just as much as men. What idiot doesn't know that ? We just don't shout about it when we have the need to want sex we blow the candle quietly in private.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
First time hearing this.

Some hadiths or quran verses to support your statement would be wonderful.
Even if the women gave her consent to such an agreement, then this temporary marriage would be known as Mut'ah, and it's completely haram. Now, your "friend" is also deceiving her and making her believe that she is entering a halal marriage when he doesn't intend for that, which is even worse!

Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage and said: Behold, it is forbidden from this very day of yours to the Day of Resurrection, and he who has given something (as a dower) should not take it back. [Sahih al Muslim]

'Ali b. AbiTalib reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) prohibited on the Day of Khaibar the contracting of temporary marriage with women and the eating of the flesh of domestic asses. [Sahih al Muslim]

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I feel you on this one.

But who's fault is this? We have sheikhs and scholars who keep saying that people should marry to avoid zina at all costs. The institution of marriage is bound to fail when people are literally telling you marry for sex.

What is worse in your view, and be honest, if the guy goes to a brothel and commits zina or does the short-term marriage facade?
This is the flaw in marriage and worth nothing once Sex is achieved divorce is applied, what was the point of getting married in the first place ? All that money wasted the time, the effort both families in utter tatters. Nothing is achieved but a good old rump in the sheets. Marriage is a joke

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Wtf? He might as well and go commit 'zina' basically after he marries that poor girl and has his way with her and than divorces her. She's basically finished the other men will see her as "used goods". You're friend is a morally corrupted reprehensible person.
:farole:

I agree that he is morally corrupt. But we are trying to see what is fair here. If the girl is trying to deceive him, then is it okay for him to deceive her? Of course, she could just be trying to get herself pregnant, so that she can use the kid to extract funds from him. So the risk is present for both players. She risks her virginity and being seen as 'used goods' and he risks being bound in the marriage forever if the condom breaks.

But from a Islamic perspective, is short-term marriage to avoid committing zina okay? If it is, then shouldn't our moral compass be aligned with the religion rather than away from it.

In your view, would you rather him commit zina with her, or get married to her?

Don't shoot the messenger.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Come on now, they aren't comparable

They...absolutely are comparable lmao. One situation is just harder to empathize with because it's lust driven and from a sheltered and privileged perspective. But at the end of the day they both don't value each other and have entirely selfish motivations for marriage. And both could potentially screw over an innocent individual with their respective mindsets.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
But from a Islamic perspective, is short-term marriage to avoid committing zina okay? If it is, then shouldn't our moral compass be aligned with the religion rather than away from it.

It's zina, several people have told you this. But if you want to perform a sham wedding to appease family and/or trick the girl into believing it's legit than just be real.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I feel sorry for men why don't you just have sex ? Come on many folk do this in private, I don't think a somali guy obtained his virginity when getting married. Impossible ! Somali guys are baboons obsessed with it but like alcohol they can't handle it.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
I'm assuming he's Sunni? Tell him mutah marriages aren't allowed lol unless he's a Shia. Ask him what he would do if the girl become pregnant, what will he do then?

Come on now, they aren't comparable

lol the pregnancy situation is serious. He said that he would never let it happen.

But if it did, he would take care of the girl and the kid.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
I like to practice a little trolling when I'm bored my dear, I love men they just cannot satisfy my curiosity, majority are sexually repressed teenagers. Sex is biologically ingrained in all humans so of course women crave Sex just as much as men. What idiot doesn't know that ? We just don't shout about it when we have the need to want sex we blow the candle quietly in private.

blow the candle out privately lol what a way to articulate it.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
If two consent adults are doing it, I don't see a moral problem, but then again I got questionable morals and I'm myself pretty hedonistic and very liberal :manny:

I'm even in support of incestial relationship between siblings

I was about to respond with an essay then I read the last sentence. :mjlol:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Even if the women gave her consent to such an agreement, then this temporary marriage would be known as Mut'ah, and it's completely haram. Now, your "friend" is also deceiving her and making her believe that she is entering a halal marriage when he doesn't intend for that, which is even worse!

Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage and said: Behold, it is forbidden from this very day of yours to the Day of Resurrection, and he who has given something (as a dower) should not take it back. [Sahih al Muslim]

'Ali b. AbiTalib reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) prohibited on the Day of Khaibar the contracting of temporary marriage with women and the eating of the flesh of domestic asses. [Sahih al Muslim]

Okay fair enough. I fully understand that the formal temporary marriage is wrong. But if a man marries a woman simply because he lusts for her [and he dosen't want to commit zina] then is this okay [morally] ?

Galaeri

What would your essay say? Stand behind what i said

About the consenting adults.

They are not on the same page. The poor girl is expecting to make it overseas. It makes it even worse morally. He is taking advantage of her.

I hope he gets rejected regularly. :russ:

Galaeri

This is one of the better threads on sspot. A refreshing change to the usual nonsense.

:obama:

Status
Not open for further replies.