Puntites vs Cushites [Poll]

Which group do you think the Somali people are descendants from?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
Kingdom of Kush was Sudan.

What about North East Somalia? If you say that was not part of Punt then be careful because that would mean there was a force in that area that stopped the Punt expansion.
Northeast Somalia is part of North Somalia

Egyptian man once told me we were the Ancient Egyptians as well and that others were trying to conceal this fact.
:mugshotman:
We are not Ancient Egyptians but we were an important trading partner. Egyptians viewed us as an ally that is why Puntites are drawn the same way in hieroglyphics.
grandprocession1.jpg

(Foreign tributaries on the top three registers of the Grand Procession mural at Thebes. Top row=Puntites (left), Nilotes (far right); Middle row=Cretans; Bottom row=Cushitic-type Nubians, Nilote (center-right).)

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Where are these so called artifacts you speak of? Theirs never been anything found in Somalia, don't let those fake things fool you.

Yes, the Greeks did mention the cities along the coast, but that's a 1000 years after the so called fable land of "Punt".
The only people who recorded anything about Punt was the Ancient Egyptians, and it was only few time. I don't know how people can decipher from that it must have been Somalia.

f*ck man couldn't you just take my word for it. Here I go.

1. So called artefacts? Okay:

Ancient Egyptian, Roman and Persian Gulf pottery has been recovered from the site by an archaeological team from the University of Michigan. In the 1970s, Neville Chittick, a British archaeologist, initiated the British-Somali expedition where he and his Somali colleagues encountered remains of ancient drystone walls, houses with courtyards, and the location of the old harbour.

This is about the mythical Opone a city in Punt which was found to be Haafun.

Pottery found in Oponean tombs date back to the Mycenaean Kingdom of Greece that flourished between the 16th and 11th century BC. Its major periods of activity were during the 1st century BC and the 3rd to the 5th centuries AD.[3] Opone was mentioned by an anonymous Greek merchant in the 1st century CE Periplus of the Erythraean Sea.

Here is a quote from Periplus of the Erythraean Sea: "And then, after sailing four hundred stadia along a promontory, toward which place the current also draws you, there is another market-town called Opone, into which the same things are imported as those already mentioned, and in it the greatest quantity of cinnamon is produced, (the arebo and moto), and slaves of the better sort, which are brought to Egypt in increasing numbers; and a great quantity of tortoiseshell, better than that found elsewhere."

This destroys your argument completly sxb:

Secondly, Pliny adds that, Sesostris led his army to Mossylite, a cape and harbor exporting cinnamon. Sesostris was an Egyptian king who reigned over 3,900 years ago. Mossylite or Mosyllum is identified with Boosaaso or a nearby site, in the west of Raas Caseyr, by Periplus’s account. This confirms that the Greco-Romans knew about the historical destination of Egyptians and Cape Aromata was derived from the very Egyptian term, Kheto Anti.

Thats is the same time as the land of Punt.

I go on if you want. I researched this ages ago but I can tell you that Punt included some parts of Somalia at the very least.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
f*ck man couldn't you just take my word for it. Here I go.

1. So called artefacts? Okay:

This is about the mythical Opone a city in Punt which was found to be Haafun.

Here is a quote from Periplus of the Erythraean Sea: "And then, after sailing four hundred stadia along a promontory, toward which place the current also draws you, there is another market-town called Opone, into which the same things are imported as those already mentioned, and in it the greatest quantity of cinnamon is produced, (the arebo and moto), and slaves of the better sort, which are brought to Egypt in increasing numbers; and a great quantity of tortoiseshell, better than that found elsewhere."

This destroys your argument completly sxb:

Thats is the same time as the land of Punt.

I go on if you want. I researched this ages ago but I can tell you that Punt included some parts of Somalia at the very least.

:heh: Unbelievable

Punt was recorded back in 1450BC while the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea was from the 1 AD- a period of 1400 years between them.

How can you tell me, your certain about PUNT when even scholars don't know about it. :francis:

TheLibertarianQuiche

:heh: Unbelievable

Punt was recorded back in 1450BC while the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea was from the 1 AD- a period of 1400 years between them.

How can you tell me, your certain about PUNT when even scholars don't know about it. :francis:

Read the end of my post. Somalia was colonised before Punt.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Punt was a Cushitic kingdom so it's a stupid question. Puntites = Cushites and Somalis are descendants of Cushitic people

IMG_0157.JPG
Egyptian man once told me we were the Ancient Egyptians as well and that others were trying to conceal this fact.
:mugshotman:

This Egyptian wrote in 1961 that Somalia was land of punt, if you can not read Arabic he says that we both had shared history, same culture, religion and even he used the same language (ancient Egyptian language and Somali has lot of common words). That was in 1961 after Somalia's independence. Don't listen to the haters here.

Can anyone tell me what good knowing where our origins were will do for us? Are we looking for braging rights? Some we waz pharaohs BS? There is literally zero benefit that this obsession will bring us. Only if we were as concerned about our future.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
View attachment 12245

This Egyptian wrote in 1961 that Somalia was land of punt, if you can not read Arabic he says that we both had shared history, same culture, religion and even he used the same language (ancient Egyptian language and Somali has lot of common words). That was in 1961 after Somalia's independence. Don't listen to the haters here.

What the fock do a bunch of Egyptian Arabs know about the history of Ancient Egypt? Absolutely nothing. Matter of fact Egyptians today have never been interested in the history of Ancient Egypt, it was mostly French and British Egyptologist who brought about all the discoveries.

You think a bunch of low arabs will know where PUNT would be :mjlol:

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
What's the Italian word for fork? Forchetta. Sound familiar.

What's the Arabic word for spoon? Mala'aqa. Sound familiar.

WE WUZ ITALIAN ARABIANZ.
He is not trying to prove that we are Egyptians because obviously, we are not. He is trying to prove that we had traded with them, just like we had trade and contact with the Arabs and Italians.

TheLibertarianQuiche

What's the Italian word for fork? Forchetta. Sound familiar.

What's the Arabic word for spoon? Mala'aqa. Sound familiar.

WE WUZ ITALIAN ARABIANZ.

I don't use either of them in my daily life.

I use fargeeto and qaado respectively.

I have proven using ancient sources that Egyptians traded at the very least with Somalia at the same time Punt was around.

I have proven using ancient sources that Egyptians traded at the very least with Somalia at the same time Punt was around.

I don't think anyone knows the point each person is trying to make, where all the confusion comes from

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
He is not trying to prove that we are Egyptians because obviously, we are not. He is trying to prove that we had traded with them, just like we had trade and contact with the Arabs and Italians.
Obviously they made some sort of trade/contact it doesn't take a rocket science to piece that together does it?

I threw in mala'aqa (malqaacad) just in case you were from up north and fargeeto (farcheeto) is Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.