Puntites vs Cushites [Poll]

Which group do you think the Somali people are descendants from?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
@AceofSom Somalia is the country which has found artefacts from Punt as well as having cities that were part of Punt.

Zeila until Merka is mentioned by Romans and Greeks but they say only until Haafun was part of Punt.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
1. The Horn of Africa is the most likely place, because of the items they traded with the Egyptians are only found in the Horn.
2. Punt is in modern day Southern Eritrea/Northern Somalia/Djibouti. The mummified animals that were sent from Punt to Egypt were from these regions.
3. Some artifacts were found with the help of "spirits" (djinns).
Cranialdeformation_zpscijtcd9v.jpg

Cranialdeformation2_zps5gjldxbc.jpg

Do you know these so called artifacts are all fake? :kodaksmiley:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
@AceofSom Somalia is the country which has found artefacts from Punt as well as having cities that were part of Punt.

Zeila until Merka is mentioned by Romans and Greeks but they say only until Haafun was part of Punt.

Where are these so called artifacts you speak of? Theirs never been anything found in Somalia, don't let those fake things fool you.

Yes, the Greeks did mention the cities along the coast, but that's a 1000 years after the so called fable land of "Punt".
The only people who recorded anything about Punt was the Ancient Egyptians, and it was only few time. I don't know how people can decipher from that it must have been Somalia.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Not yet, but some people believe that it may be from 2000 B.C.

Other artifacts have been found
Punttitetut_zpsr7uazy2f.jpg

Shabti_zpsoncepcfl.jpg

Elongatedhead1_zps9nvb37bb.jpg

:mjlol: Dude these are all fake, I can't believe you actually think their really. Before anything, just look at the first pic, if your familiar with Ancient egyptian artifacts, you can tell straight away their fake.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
:mjlol: Dude these are all fake, I can't believe you actually think their really. Before anything, just look at the first pic, if your familiar with Ancient egyptian artifacts, you can tell straight away their fake.
These are not Ancient Egyptian artifacts. This is another civilization of course. Why would Somalis fake it? Are we not proud of our history?
There were flourishing city-states in Somalia by 1st Century CE.
MapPunt.jpg

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
These are not Ancient Egyptian artifacts. This is another civilization of course. Why would Somalis fake it? Are we not proud of our history?
There were flourishing city-states in Somalia by 1st Century CE.
MapPunt.jpg

So you know where "punt" was :wtf:

Why don't you share with us.

No one is denying Somali history, lakin to jump to some thing that no knows and claim it, is pretty lame. If the 19th century Egyptologists had said that Punt was in Eritrea instead of Somalia, today you wouldn't have been claiming it today. Get the drift.

No one is denying Somali history, lakin to jump to some thing that no knows and claim it, is pretty lame. If the 19th century Egyptologists had said that Punt was in Eritrea instead of Somalia, today you wouldn't have been claiming it today. Get the drift.

I guess there is no way of telling the age of the artefacts if they have not been dated but there is no denying that Punt was somewhere in the Horn, there is evidence for that.

DeathWish

I get what you are saying but if you look at the what the Land of Punt exported to Egypt like myrrh, you would see that it is abundant in Somalia.
myrrh3.jpg

"In 2015, the same Egyptian and American researchers conducted a more comprehensive isotopic study to confirm their preliminary findings. This time they compared both hair and bone samples, which they had extracted from two New Kingdom baboon mummies, with those of living baboons from the primary hypothesized locations of the Land of Punt. Analyzing both oxygen and strontium values, the scientists found that the closest matches were with specimens endemic to eastern Somalia and the Eritrea-Ethiopia corridor."

DeathWish

I guess there is no way of telling the age of the artefacts if they have not been dated but there is no denying that Punt was somewhere in the Horn, there is evidence for that.
In my opinion, Axum was most likely the area of the Land of Punt. It had brilliant architecture and Obelisks.

In my opinion, Axum was most likely the area of the Land of Punt. It had brilliant architecture and Obelisks.

It might have included the area Axum town is in now but the obelisks are definitely not that old. We still manage to find artefacts in the region but they are from the Sabaen era, not as far back as Punt.
There should be more studies in the Horn.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
It might have included the area Axum town is in now but the obelisks are definitely not that old. We still manage to find artefacts in the region but they are from the Sabaen era, not as far back as Punt.
There should be more studies in the Horn.

I think people would be surprised what they find in the horn. An area that size with that longevity of history, would have a lot of interesting new finds.

Where are these so called artifacts you speak of? Theirs never been anything found in Somalia, don't let those fake things fool you.

Yes, the Greeks did mention the cities along the coast, but that's a 1000 years after the so called fable land of "Punt".
The only people who recorded anything about Punt was the Ancient Egyptians, and it was only few time. I don't know how people can decipher from that it must have been Somalia.

Egyptians themselves say land of punt is still Somalia so why are you so mad ?

I think people would be surprised what they find in the horn. An area that size with that longevity of history, would have a lot of interesting new finds.

Indeed. They just need to know exactly where to look and what they are trying to find, otherwise it'll become pointless.

Keo

VIP
Kingdom of Kush was Sudan.
1. The Horn of Africa is the most likely place, because of the items they traded with the Egyptians are only found in the Horn.
2. Punt is in modern day Southern Eritrea/Northern Somalia/Djibouti. The mummified animals that were sent from Punt to Egypt were from these regions.
3. Some artifacts were found with the help of "spirits" (djinns).
Cranialdeformation_zpscijtcd9v.jpg

Cranialdeformation2_zps5gjldxbc.jpg
What about North East Somalia? If you say that was not part of Punt then be careful because that would mean there was a force in that area that stopped the Punt expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts