Port workers in Berbera refuse to work after it was sold to UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
Port workers in Berbera refuse to work after it was sold to UAE.

http://www.raxanreeb.com/2017/07/shaqaalaha-dekedda-magaalada-berbera-oo-shaqo-joojin-sameeyeyxog/

SL politicians threw their workers under the bus. Secessionist Somaliland was so eager to hand over a national asset that they didn't even negotiate the rights & salary's of the workers. DP world the UAE company managing the port just told the workers that they have no right to complain, hence the refusal to work for them. A day of no exporting/importing in Berbera is only going to hurt Somalis not the UAE. The purpose of DP world is to buy up its competition (Somali ports) at dirt prices & to keep them down and inferior to UAE's own ports. Somalia is at a very strategic location, much more strategic than UAE, we were part of the Silk Road. That's why UAE is buying up our ports.

Berbera has for a long time seen no improvement, I remind you that the only cement factory in all of Waqooyi was taken to Ethiopia by SNM.
IMG_2440.JPG

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
Port workers in Berbera refuse to work after it was sold to UAE.

http://www.raxanreeb.com/2017/07/shaqaalaha-dekedda-magaalada-berbera-oo-shaqo-joojin-sameeyeyxog/

SL politicians threw their workers under the bus. Secessionist Somaliland was so eager to hand over a national asset that they didn't even negotiate the rights & salary's of the workers. DP world the UAE company managing the port just told the workers that they have no right to complain, hence the refusal to work for them. A day of no exporting/importing in Berbera is only going to hurt Somalis not the UAE. The purpose of DP world is to buy up its competition (Somali ports) at dirt prices & to keep them down and inferior to UAE's own ports. Somalia is at a very strategic location, much more strategic than UAE, we were part of the Silk Road. That's why UAE is buying up our ports.

Berbera has for a long time seen no improvement, I remind you that the only cement factory in all of Waqooyi was taken to Ethiopia by SNM.
View attachment 23915
I saw that one coming :farmajoyaab:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the port at least bought for a substantial amount? If not, I pity the government wallah. Taking penny money for something that significant to the country.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Was the port at least bought for a substantial amount? If not, I pity the government wallah. Taking penny money for something that significant to the country.
Yeah but what "country" are you talking about? In their minds, they are a country on their own (SL). Lizard brained people.

DP world was kicked out of yemen and Iraq for this exact reason ! They dint want to compete against somaliland.

people tried warning the SL government but they wanted the money so badly that it fell off deaf ears

The sad Irony is mogadishu/Kismaayo port will make way more money leading to increased resentment and shouting for "ictiraaf"

This issue will probably be solved in no time, it's not like they can't find workers.

Idk if you guys know about international shipping but somalia is not near enough to the shipping lanes to warrant stops by vessels. Plus you don't even make much from ships who only use your port for refueling and sometimes drop offs. The port of Djibouti is growing because it's the main port of Ethiopia, if it weren't it would be on par with Assab in Eritrea.

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
DP world was kicked out of yemen and Iraq for this exact reason ! They dint want to compete against somaliland.

people tried warning the SL government but they wanted the money so badly that it fell off deaf ears

The sad Irony is mogadishu/Kismaayo port will make way more money leading to increased resentment and shouting for "ictiraaf"
Exactly, I read many articles about how they literally F*cked up Yemen's port. Plus there was fire on Berbera port two times as DP got hold of the port and now this.

This issue will probably be solved in no time, it's not like they can't find workers.

Idk if you guys know about international shipping but somalia is not near enough to the shipping lanes to warrant stops by vessels. Plus you don't even make much from ships who only use your port for refueling and sometimes drop offs. The port of Djibouti is growing because it's the main port of Ethiopia, if it weren't it would be on par with Assab in Eritrea.
Ur definitely a lander:liberaltears: @Canuck ur right all along :mjlol:

Xooshdheere

how do i use this

Did you even bother reading the report? The company managing the port said the workers has no rights, and might not even get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending