My Somali school curriculum

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Obviously I'd start of first with the creation of a national curriculum with the basic subjects and replace English classes with Somali and literature.
If I were Fuher of Somalia the day in a school would look this.

Early Hours; 7:50 8:30
Students enter the school and head to their class rooms putting away their stuff and changing into fitness uniforms and make their way to a large center courtyard, during this period they may socialize and by the end of it the majority of students will have arrived.

Morning Fitness and Announcements
8:30
The Head fitness instructor at the school will address the students and they will do a series of exercises and extra cardio preparing them physically for *Point One. and then the Headmaster of the school addresses them and updates them on the school and events. After this they sing the national anthem and salute the flag walking back to their class rooms. They then change and shower and get back into academic uniform.

First Period of School
This is up to the school to switch up and place but
Core Studies
Af Soomali
Literature and Writing
Math
Science
History
Technology
(Additional Language Classes, only one is mandatory)

This would head all the way up to Salat Dhur and then the students would eat either what they brought or the schools food.

Second Period (Free Study + Additional Class )
Any other classes they didn't do during the first periods. This would also include a time during Friday's for community service to build a sense of patriotism in the students.

This would be up to primary, I'd also open trade schools for students to learn specific crafts and the details of other jobs preparing them better for the future.
On friday you could invite famous speakers to do tours in somali schools. So the students can see their role model plus learn good ethics.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We lose or We Die.
VIP
On friday you could invite famous speakers to do tours in somali schools. So the students can see their role model plus learn good ethics.
Once in a while the governor or MP will visit them to boost patriotism.
It makes me so happy my gen is actually thinking about how we will change Somalia for the better, inshallah I look forward to working with people who see a bright future ahead of us.

The overall society there is soul crushing.
Also I don't see madax adeg somalis comforming like asians, they would probably start a revolution if you told them to go school 11 hours a day
I can see a lot of school drop outs if we had the asian model. I will prolly be one of them

iskufilann

inactive.
Yes I would make them mandatory. The world is in/will move more into a digital age. The Somali nation will need this skills in order to part of the revolution changes the world is going through. We must capitalize in it and come up with our own innovations. Plus you will need a business discipline to do all this.
I like your way of thinking. Sounds interesting!

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Once in a while the governor or MP will visit them to boost patriotism.
It makes me so happy my gen is actually thinking about how we will change Somalia for the better, inshallah I look forward to working with people who see a bright future ahead of us.
Yeah one day we should create an collective somali manifesto ranging from school life to national parks.

If you don't plan you plan to fail.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
Yeah one day we should create an collective somali manifesto ranging from school life to national parks.

If you don't plan you plan to fail.
It should contain a complete remaking of the somali society from tribal wars into one that maintains its culture and adapts to the modern world

Internet Nomad

VIP
I can see a lot of school drop outs if we had the asian model. I will prolly be one of them
Yeah we want human beings not robots. Plus i think the Asians are naturally docile. It wouldnt work for somalis.
:mjlol:

Khaemwaset

VIP
Yeah we want human beings not robots. Plus i think the Asians are naturally docile. It wouldnt work for somalis.
:mjlol:
Asians have the lowest rate of the gene for risk taking and aggression.

I don't wanna play into race science but it's obvious in many countries in the world that rice farming societies tend to have a culture of comformity since that was what was needed for survival whilst wheat based societies were still there but a little bit more aggressive due to the fact they have half of the year free for the army.
Nomadic societies do not have much of a comformity culture due to the fact everyone had to fight all the time

Internet Nomad

VIP
Asians have the lowest rate of the gene for risk taking and aggression.

I don't wanna play into race science but it's obvious in many countries in the world that rice farming societies tend to have a culture of comformity since that was what was needed for survival whilst wheat based societies were still there but a little bit more aggressive due to the fact they have half of the year free for the army.
Nomadic societies do not have much of a comformity culture due to the fact everyone had to fight all the time
I think nomadic societies have a proclivity to seek independence and extreme in group bias. As your living with a small group of people you always knew.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I think nomadic societies have a proclivity to seek independence and extreme in group bias. As your living with a small group of people you always knew.
We should play into the Somali pride to make the people want to build their country in the name of Somali nationalism.
You saw this in Germany who unified are hundreds of years of division under the shared urge to create an industrial power and did just that. Two world wars were started to keep Germany from dominating all of Europe which is crazy when you realise just 60 years before ww1, Germany was a poor divided shithole.

Same thing with Japan who in the 1860s was one of the poorest nations due to isolation which left them with 1500s technologies. Instead of being colonised, the Japanese destroyed their minor war Lords and abolished the clan system that divided their country and re installed the emperor to make Japan a centralised nation. The Japanese then sent out expeditions all around the western world learning about their technology and replicated them and eventually made better versions of it, in 60 years Japan went from a shithole who missed out on 500 years of progress into the only none white country who challenged European powers and won against them. The best thing is, the Japanese got bombed to ground 0 in the 1940s and somehow managed to build back up again so fast that Japan became the 2nd largest economy and people in the 1980s were worried that Japan would overtake the USA as the world's larges economy due to the Japanese industrial powerhouse which was built up from scratch in just 40 years.

We also see this with China now who came out of 100 years of humiliation and used their chines pride to build up from one of the poorest countries in the world into the country that manufactures basically everything in the world currently. China just 40 years ago was a communist shithole that had 40+ million die in famine but somehow managed to become the world's second largest economy in just 30 years due to smart leadership and dedicated population

School would only be 3-4 hours long, and the state would choose careers for students based on what Somalia need.

Teaching English would be forbidden in schools, and only Somali and Arabic would be mandatory. Swahili and Amharic would be optional.

Somali Saayid

VIP
We should play into the Somali pride to make the people want to build their country in the name of Somali nationalism.
You saw this in Germany who unified are hundreds of years of division under the shared urge to create an industrial power and did just that. Two world wars were started to keep Germany from dominating all of Europe which is crazy when you realise just 60 years before ww1, Germany was a poor divided shithole.

Same thing with Japan who in the 1860s was one of the poorest nations due to isolation which left them with 1500s technologies. Instead of being colonised, the Japanese destroyed their minor war Lords and abolished the clan system that divided their country and re installed the emperor to make Japan a centralised nation. The Japanese then sent out expeditions all around the western world learning about their technology and replicated them and eventually made better versions of it, in 60 years Japan went from a shithole who missed out on 500 years of progress into the only none white country who challenged European powers and won against them. The best thing is, the Japanese got bombed to ground 0 in the 1940s and somehow managed to build back up again so fast that Japan became the 2nd largest economy and people in the 1980s were worried that Japan would overtake the USA as the world's larges economy due to the Japanese industrial powerhouse which was built up from scratch in just 40 years.

We also see this with China now who came out of 100 years of humiliation and used their chines pride to build up from one of the poorest countries in the world into the country that manufactures basically everything in the world currently. China just 40 years ago was a communist shithole that had 40+ million die in famine but somehow managed to become the world's second largest economy in just 30 years due to smart leadership and dedicated population
100% we need to play into the nationalism of Somalis and their natural pride.

Internet Nomad

VIP

It would be worth it if you ever want to seriously run for dictator to research figures like Genghis khan or the early islamic figures who were able to get a tribal environment to unify for a greater goal.

Somali Saayid

VIP
School would only be 3-4 hours long, and the state would choose careers for students based on what Somalia need.

Teaching English would be forbidden in schools, and only Somali and Arabic would be mandatory. Swahili and Amharic would be optional.
Arabic for Quran or......
run for dictator
He's gonna run for an elected office that then turns him to a non democratic state?

Internet Nomad

VIP
Salahuddin is an awesome figure how he was able to get the fragmented muslim world to fight off the threat that was the crusades.

Khaemwaset

VIP
It would be worth it if you ever want to seriously run for dictator to research figures like Genghis khan or the early islamic figures who were able to get a tribal environment to unify for a greater goal.
I've been looking to get a book on genghis khan and the massive empire that was Mongolia soon.
I will after I finish reading my several Egyptian books

Trending