My dad left me as a child

Like the title explains.

I am now around same age he was when he emigrated to the west, and I made more money this year, then he did his entire life.

Is Karma real?

:pachah1:

But it hit me, I am the same age range, he was when he went to start a new life and I'm miles ahead of him :ivers: Deep feels.

Explains your lack of respect for men. You are bound to fail in your social life if you continue on with this mindset.

Your dad is your dad even if he was a failure.

So you don’t have to ever see your dad, it’s up to you, for all the the things he made your family go through, as you get older you can decide if he has actually changed or is worth your time

Do you feel kinship to your other siblings from his second marriage then? This is messed up. You and IftiinOfLife were affected by your family experiences. I suggest you both find resolution so your personal relationships would not mirror your childhood experiences. This is the danger of hanging on to too much anger and disappointments from your childhood.

It should be about you now and not about your dad moving forward. Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave as they say. That is how you let your anger go so you have more space for love and happiness in your hearts.

Last edited:
I know I make more money cause I went through my moms things and found his old pay stubs and shit from the 90s, and did a google conversion of the dollar then and now.

Wallahi

:susp:, then the deep feels hit.

In a few months I'll make a thread showing how I make 6-8k a month without a degree, and without breaking the law, but I gotta settle a few things first before making my affairs public. I will teach you guys how to make cash..without selling your ass.:salute:

Me: Trying to watch a YouTube video before realizing an ad is about to start

IftiinOfLife: "Stuck in a dead end job? Tired of being a corporate drone? Hi, I'm IftiinOfLife and I'll show you how to make 5 figures a month from home, FOR FREE"

Me: :ehh:

Last edited:
Ive realized many aboriginals often beat their daughters. Aboroginals dont c their daughters as precious. In dblock culture tge daughters are sternly rebuked but never ever beaten, even at young age let alone when theyre young woman.

Ive realized many aboriginals often beat their daughters. Aboroginals dont c their daughters as precious. In dblock culture tge daughters are sternly rebuked but never ever beaten, even at young age let alone when theyre young woman.

What is dblock? I know that as a rap group from the past. They have cool beats too. Am confused.

So does yours for birthing you. :drakelaugh:
My mom didn’t choose to have me, nor did I choose her to be my mom. Nor, did she choose a deadbeat to procreate with. Her brothers gave her out. Just like men are coz “Dumar rag ayaa bixiyo” But your mother willingly married a khamra cab who ditched y’all.
That’s why u talk so ghetto and shit coz u are raised by a single mom who resents her bad choice(your dad)

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Same.

That's life. You play with the hand you're dealt, or you leave the table fam.

This is the problem I’ve with some Somali women, why would she disown you? What if your dad tried to reach out to you when you were younger but your mom blocked him?

OP please find your dad and talk to him, atleast get his side of the story.

Somali women should stop banning men from seeing their kids, he divorced you and not his kids.

Listen....no woman can make a man not see his child for years. You really think she can watch the kid 24/7 and lock them.up in a room. I would fight for my child for them to know I care. He'll I would wait outside her school to have word with her. A mother can make it hard for a dad. But she can't make you never have contact with a child

I think your dad leaving you has left you cold and very troubled.

Everything seems to boil down to the fact that your success and rubbing it in your dads face will be your biggest achievement trust me as a parent seen your child succeed almost never brings your downfall rather he will feel that despite his absence you still did well this will make him happy and not jealous or bitter as you hoped.

Also despite the fact that you witnessed your dads abuse against your mum and the alcoholism he is still your dad and mostly you were way too young to fully understand the concept of what was going on. Was your mum really the innocent party or is this just the story you have from her and her family. Almost every somali maternal family always hate on the other side very common to tell lies and portray the man who married their daughter as the villain and turn his kids against him.

perhaps something drove him to alcohol? perhaps your mum made it so difficult for him to stay in touch and keep in contact with his kids and he gave up after every hurdle.

Theres a-lot you need to ask him. Dont be bitter first ask then make a decision. You seem young and naive.

Listen....no woman can make a man not see his child for years. You really think she can watch the kid 24/7 and lock them.up in a room. I would fight for my child for them to know I care. He'll I would wait outside her school to have word with her. A mother can make it hard for a dad. But she can't make you never have contact with a child

Yes she can, you havent been in that situation so you cant understand.

I know a brother were the woman calls police every time and says he beats her she even got a restraining order, done sixiir on him. There is nothing a woman wont do when she's bitter and jealous of the man that left her.

Yes she can, you havent been in that situation so you cant understand.

I know a brother were the woman calls police every time and says he beats her she even got a restraining order, done sixiir on him. There is nothing a woman wont do when she's bitter and jealous of the man that left her.

My best friend has 3 kids with an ex who even tried to run with the kids. Did everything for him not to see them. But he is an educated clean guy and has gone through the legal system. He tried to reason with her parents and brother first and they said not our business. He got social services involved and took a lawyer.

It was a progress and she broke the agreements when social services got involved. They recorded everything and just before court time her family changed their tune and asked him to drop it. He was ready to take full custody and expose her mental illness and all family problems. I'm telling you no woman can make you not see your kids if you really want to. How many somali men are willing to really fight? You think some saying I can't see my children will make me say oh ok then?

My best friend has 3 kids with an ex who even tried to run with the kids. Did everything for him not to see them. But he is an educated clean guy and has gone through the legal system. He tried to reason with her parents and brother first and they said not our business. He got social services involved and took a lawyer.

It was a progress and she broke the agreements when social services got involved. They recorded everything and just before court time her family changed their tune and asked him to drop it. He was ready to take full custody and expose her mental illness and all family problems. I'm telling you no woman can make you not see your kids if you really want to. How many somali men are willing to really fight? You think some saying I can't see my children will make me say oh ok then?

your friend is lucky mainly thanks to fact that he had something on her with her mental health issues. However judges favor mothers and whether the father proves to be more competent and reliable is not seen with any value. Also, if you do get custody privileges be aware that you will only be able to access time with your children if your ex allows it and you will get no support for your rights of privilages if she keeps you from seeing your kids. Fathers are last priority in the court of law.

your friend is lucky mainly thanks to fact that he had something on her with her mental health issues. However judges favor mothers and whether the father proves to be more competent and reliable is not seen with any value. Also, if you do get custody privileges be aware that you will only be able to access time with your children if your ex allows it and you will get no support for your rights of privilages if she keeps you from seeing your kids. Fathers are last priority in the court of law.

Judges do favour mums. But no judge will tell a keen father you can't have any access to your kids. Don't get me wrong it's a long and frustrating journey. But most somali men lack the long term and patience to play this game. Once you in this path your goal should be your kids will love you when they are adults.

This means you gotta turn up every meeting, spoil them and never talk bad about their mum. Their mum will try to poison them and use every mistake you make against you. A competent man should be able to beat a child and a bitter woman in this game as long as he removes his emotions and understand this is psychological warfare.

My mom didn’t choose to have me, nor did I choose her to be my mom. Nor, did she choose a deadbeat to procreate with. Her brothers gave her out. Just like men are coz “Dumar rag ayaa bixiyo” But your mother willingly married a khamra cab who ditched y’all.
That’s why u talk so ghetto and shit coz u are raised by a single mom who resents her bad choice(your dad)
Was all this necessary? You act like this girl had a choice who her mom and dad was. :childplease:

Trending