Most Somali Diaspora's (born in the diaspora) are dead/in the gutter

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Truly think about it.

Have you?

I spoke with an old friend recently from the old neighborhood, and most of the somalis we grew up with are either dead or in jail, or doing so shitty they might as well be dead. Like a dude I know who dropped out of college/uni his parents forced him to marry a girl from back home, but he don't speak any somali, she recently divorced him cause he started beating on her. :drakelaugh: and his parents are thinking where did they go wrong.

And it just made me think, damn. :susp:he was also the person who taught everyone how to smoke weed :childplease:, obviously he was gonna beat up this xalimo who don't speak english lol.

But homegirl was updating me on the status of the old squad im going "No wait, your telling me XYZ got capped in a PARKING LOT? Really???" " So and So in jail for rape? I knew he was always grimey :childplease:, whatchu mean this one girl was doing finacial banking fraud with cards :ooh:, she doing 3-5???"

I was shocked. For real lol.

Later on I pondered and reflected, I fucking made it. I'm alive, f*ck those dead mother fuckers. Why couldn't they just make it like I did.

I made it here by the skin of my motherfucking teeth.

:lolbron:

giphy.gif

I honestly predict, by the time my generation reaches our 40s ( the ones born in the west), only 30% of us will be alive :childplease:, so that just tells me, I need to leave a good clean legacy, so my name lives on forever. :ahh:

Exodus

Alienist
It's so, so easy to fall into the dropout/failure cycle in the UK man. I grew up with a guy who was very similar to me, the only difference is that he was much smarter in terms of academics then I was. I was VERY lucky in that I got good teachers who went the extra mile in terms of looking out for me/ giving advice. My friend was not so lucky as his teachers were awful and just didn't give a shit, so there was nobody looking out for him in the critical stages of his life.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
It's so, so easy to fall into the dropout/failure cycle in the UK man. I grew up with a guy who was very similar to me, the only difference is that he was much smarter in terms of academics then I was. I was VERY lucky in that I got good teachers who went the extra mile in terms of looking out for me/ giving advice. My friend was not so lucky as his teachers were awful and just didn't give a shit, so there was nobody looking out for him in the critical stages of his life.

I agree with having people "believe in you", but it comes a point as a teen where you sit down and realize where you want your life to go, based on the decisions you make. Your friend seemed like even though he was smart, he had low self esteem and couldn't take the shots being thrown at him by his loser racist teachers. He probably left school to feel accepted by people round the way on the corner.

How did you survive, you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. What I did was make a few rules for myself and say, if anything goes to shit, I will never take alcohol/drugs, have sex, or murder someone. I kept those rules during the harshest of racial abuse and poverty.

The drop out cycle I SAW, was basically Somalis not receiving tutoring or homework help, and being fed up with the racist academic system, then turning to a life of crime on the streets.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
My mom once told me, an insult she used on a lady that was insulting her was " At least all my kids are alive and happy"

Savage ass hoyo, I love it :mjlol:, tell them motherfuckers we alive and we fucking happy :salute:

Exodus

Alienist
I agree with having people "believe in you", but it comes a point as a teen where you sit down and realize where you want your life to go, based on the decisions you make. Your friend seemed like even though he was smart, he had low self esteem and couldn't take the shots being thrown at him by his loser racist teachers. He probably left school to feel accepted by people round the way on the corner.

How did you survive, you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. What I did was make a few rules for myself and say, if anything goes to shit, I will never take alcohol/drugs, have sex, or murder someone. I kept those rules during the harshest of racial abuse and poverty.

The drop out cycle I SAW, was basically Somalis not receiving tutoring or homework help, and being fed up with the racist academic system, then turning to a life of crime on the streets.
I was lucky. My family came into good money after I turned 12/13, and we moved away from the ghetto area that we lived in. They could then afford to let me study medicine in Istanbul. The only difference between me and my friend is that I was lucky, and he was not.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I was lucky. My family came into good money after I turned 12/13, and we moved away from the ghetto area that we lived in. They could then afford to let me study medicine in Istanbul. The only difference between me and my friend is that I was lucky, and he was not.

Nice lol, my family got progressively more poorer until my mother efforts then later on I pulled us out of poverty in my early to mid 20s.

I remember all the families looking down at us for being poor, but all their kids are dead? Push me to the edge kulaha , mother fuckers :mjlol:

Exodus

Alienist
Nice lol, my family got progressively more poorer until my mother efforts then later on I pulled us out of poverty in my early to mid 20s.

I remember all the families looking down at us for being poor, but all their kids are dead? Push me to the edge kulaha , mother fuckers :mjlol:
I had quite a few friends who got stabbed to death, unfortunately. It's all for unbelievably stupid reasons as well in my viewpoint, but to them, it's all they know I guess.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I had quite a few friends who got stabbed to death, unfortunately. It's all for unbelievably stupid reasons as well in my viewpoint, but to them, it's all they know I guess.

I know a lot who died from shootings, after the second murder I stopped caring lol. I always felt the criminal life was a choice and not something "forced into".

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I also remember back in facebook days, high school days lol.

A girl I was friends with met a older Somali dude from another city..on facebook.

SOMEHOW, they started dating and she ended up sending her paycheck to him bi weekly. I sat her down and said homegirl, what is you doing? Are you fucking retarded? She looked and me and said "you don't know what love is" :drakelaugh:, this dumb fucking ,

Anyways same girl NOW, got out of a failed engagement with an ajnabi, still making less then 20k a year, living that gutter life :nahgirl:

Trending

Latest posts