Millions of Yemenis starving in Ramadan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the south is better off than Yemen. Do you even know what is happening in Yemen? The crisis has affected many people, tens upon thousands have already died and it hasn't even reached the second year of the conflict yet. They have so many sides, terrorists, governments, factions, superpowers, all fighting in every corner. Somalia is suffering, but Yemen is dying.
Ok fair enough but i'll always put my people first

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Somalia is pretty decent. The violence in the south and the alshabab-controlled regions gives the rest of us a bad rep. Plenty of foreigners live peacefully in Hargeisa.

Sure, you can live peacefully in a place that has no jobs or proper infrastructure. But i wouldn't call that decent living, just, living.

Some Somalis here are so ungrateful. Yemen sheltered and housed Somalis once the civil war started. There are 200,00 Somalis in Yemen, before the war, they invited us in. Now you guys are saying that we shouldn't help them because we have our own problems? Well sorry to burst your bubble but their issue is much more severe.

I will be donating to them, and i hope some of you do too.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
@Human

3esh 3ala raa7o ya abeed keep bootyclappin and work it girl

1365439824_arab_woman_twerks_for_money.gif

:dabcasar:

La ilaha. My eyes are traumatised.

I'm sure you are 100% dedicated with your views and you care about all the Somalis even the other ethnic groups living there...
giphy.gif

Why do some folks love to compare the situation in our country to other countries like Yemen or Syria to reinforce their stupid point that somehow Somalia is better off?
:snoop:

What's happening in other countries shouldn't be of your concern when your people are suffering from reoccurring droughts & famines. It doesn't matter if somehow our people are "better off" which is not even true, you should always take care of your own people first.

Why do some folks love to compare the situation in our country to other countries like Yemen or Syria to reinforce their stupid point that somehow Somalia is better off?

What's happening in other countries shouldn't be of your concern when your people are suffering from reoccurring droughts & famines. It doesn't matter if somehow our people are "better off" which is not even true, you should always take care of your own people first.

Well then what will you do if the UK, EU and other countries cut off aid to Somalia? I do hope you have enough money to help out your people.

Sure, you can live peacefully in a place that has no jobs or proper infrastructure. But i wouldn't call that decent living, just, living.

If you have the capital, you can set up a business and have a better life than in most countries. The cost of setting up a business in the West is too much. I'd rather be my own boss, even in Somalia, than be on somebody else's payroll.:manny:

The greatest irony is when these booty-clappers are at the same time tribalist towards other Somalis.

Well then what will you do if the UK, EU and other countries cut off aid to Somalia? I do hope you have enough money to help out your people.
Our people shouldn't depend on handouts for eternity. Alhamdulillah me & my family have sent money back home to help our people, but this needs to change. Our people need real development not handouts from ajnabis, we can still receive economic aid from rich countries to kick start our economy, but in the end our country did not come as a gift to our generation, it's up to us to transform Somalia into a first-class nation so that our progeny will only know of a Somalia that is a paradise for those who work hard & have the entrepreneurial spirit.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
If you have the capital, you can set up a business and have a better life than in most countries. The cost of setting up a business in the West is too much. I'd rather be my own boss, even in Somalia, than be on somebody else's payroll.:manny:

Fair point :yousmart:

Our people shouldn't depend on handouts for eternity. Alhamdulillah me & my family have sent money back home to help our people, but this needs to change. Our people need real development not handouts from ajnabis, we can still receive economic aid from rich countries to kick start our economy, but in the end our county did not come as a gift to our generation, it's up to us to transform Somalia into a first-class nation so that our progeny will only know of a Somalia that is a paradise for those who work hard & have the entrepreneurial spirit.

Why should other countries, like the UK for example, spend 0.7% of its GDP in countries like Somalia, when there are people that still go to food banks in the UK? Under your logic, it should be abolished. Let everyone help their own people. That is a dangerous mindset.

I hope you can turn somalia into a first-clast nation, if that's even possible. I'd like to see you do it alone without any assistance from anyone else. We'll see exactly how far you will go.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Why should other countries, like the UK for example, spend 0.7% of its GDP in countries like Somalia, when there are people that still go to food banks in the UK? Under your logic, it should be abolished. Let everyone help their own people. That is a dangerous mindset.

I hope you can turn somalia into a first-clast nation, if that's even possible. I'd like to see you do it alone without any assistance from anyone else. We'll see exactly how far you will go.

You best believe that the UK wouldn't be sending any aid to Somalia if they were in Somalias situation.

You best believe that the UK wouldn't be sending any aid to Somalia if they were in Somalias situation.

That was an analogy. This is not about the government of Somalia sending aid, but the Somali people helping others. In this case, our brothers and sisters of Yemen

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes

So, are you saying that if how developed and how rich a country is depends on if they give aid or not? Hmm, that is very interesting thought.

So, do you think Somalia would give aid to other countries if the country was as developed and rich as the UK was and why?

It's not a dangerous mindset. The UK is a rich country & they chose to spend a little amount of their GDP on international aid, but Somalia is in no position to help itself right now let alone other peoples.
:drakewtf:

It's not a dangerous mindset. The UK is a rich country & they chose to spend a little amount of their GDP on international aid, but Somalia is in no position to help itself right now let alone other peoples.
:drakewtf:

I'm not talking about Somalia. I'm speaking about Somali people.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
they don't help us, why are we investing our money 2 on them instead of other somalis and africans
they could care less about us, we are just another ''slave'' and for them :ohlord:
Do you actually know any Arabs irl?
Maybe this would make sense if you were talking about Saudis, but Yemenis? The Arabs that we are literally closest to in culture, marry regularly and are most familiar with? I don't know if you've had a bad experience with a random Lebanese one time or something, but that doesn't make sense to me. Racism by non-Gulf Arabs towards Somalis is ridiculously overplayed on this website.

I honestly get sick of these copypasted comments. "Hurr durr we is just abeed to them we shouldn't care"
Meanwhile you are showing apathy towards millions of starving people. I am not suggesting we help them over Somalis - I doubt we even have the means to contribute much given the current drought.
But to not care at all?Simply because maybe one member of that group said something bad about you? Attitudes like this are disgusting and inhuman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending